• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

BBQ Bake Sale Fundraiser ~ Sat, June 25th 2011 Concord

A big thanks to Wendy et al for putting it together, shopping, cooking, cleaning, etc. Heather and I had a great time.

Adam, you've got our numbers. Call 24/7. It was nice meeting your family too. Your mom is a hoot.

Did anyone happen to see the little repsol cbr model that Budman gave to me? It was in a box on the table where I was sitting with a black barf shirt. Both disappeared halfway through the day :(

yes that and you BARF t-shirt are in a bag at Wendy's

No worries.
BTW Pics of the new chair or it didn't happen :laughing

:applause for Adam..his family, Wendy...every barfer who showed and supported, donated, baked, smiled, or even just sent good juju.

An amazing out pouring of barf love.

So great to see friends coming together for more than just a good ride or a good time. :hail

So cool to hear about the chair... Don't forget that wheelie bar Adam!

Thanks for the pics too Max. :thumbup

Damn...barf does rock because of the people who rock. :Port

True that ! It was a pleasure to meet fellow riders and a very worthy cause. This Barf stuff is kewl. be well

Did anyone happen to see the little repsol cbr model that Budman gave to me? It was in a box on the table where I was sitting with a black barf shirt. Both disappeared halfway through the day :(

oh, they were yours? Wondered who left them behind

Don't worry, they are safe. I sent you a pm asking you for your address (for the cheque I found) so I'll send these items along too

Thanks again everyone, really, thanks so much :kiss

(I'm tired, I'm not as young as I used to be :cry :p)

Glad to have the pleasure of meeting you Adam and other BARFers :)

so... who's mocking up the turbo busa motor for that new chair? :p

Hey Adam, it was a pleasure meeting you and your family. If you or your family need anything at all, hit me up here or in the mod forum. I'll see you again soon I'm sure. ;)

Thanks Wendy, John, and Gwynne (and everyone else who pitched in in any way)for all your hard work and kindness. :thumbup

Bud, my friend, thanks for keeping BARF what it is, I am proud to work towards achieving your vision. Without you, without our team of mods, and without our membership, BARF would be just another website. :love

Max, thanks for the pics bro, we need to talk photography a bit the next time we meet up. :)

oh, they were yours? Wondered who left them behind

Don't worry, they are safe. I sent you a pm asking you for your address (for the cheque I found) so I'll send these items along too

Thanks again everyone, really, thanks so much :kiss

(I'm tired, I'm not as young as I used to be :cry :p)

Wendy, you did awesome. And if you can't get the bike and shirt shipped out, I'm happy to take them out to Adam the next time I go visit (should be pretty quick here). Just let me know if you want me to run 'em out. :)

After all... picking up bikes and delivering them is kinda my gig... :laughing

Last edited:
OMG that video is AWESOME :laughing. And im unbelievably happy that the BARF community could help make that happen.

Adam it was a pleasure meeting you and your lovely family yesterday. (Yes i was the one that waited til the last minute to get introduced but as i said you were pretty busy all day ;))

BARFers as a whole came through bigtime. Wendy Gwynne you know i love you both and you guys did an amazing job! :applause

:love:love:love Things like this make me truly proud to be apart of such a wonderful community.

Cool chair Adam! :thumbup

Glad we could help make that happen.. :banana

It's a freaking turbo-recaro!!!!! :thumbup

Thank you Adam for letting us all be part of it :thumbup

I see you're opting for a Swedish ride. Next you're going to get a Volvo. Dunno, bro.

But in my dreams, thoughts, prayers and vibes, Adam, you'll be kicking that chair to the curb before the first oil change. So no harm no foul.

Love,

Marc.

That was pretty incredible to be a part of. Adam best wishes for your continued improvement. The human body is an amazing thing.

Wendy, your generosity is staggering sometimes:thumbup

I found $20 in me dressing gown pocket yesterday morning :rofl

It got cold Sat night as we were sitting in the garden, so I went and put me fluffy jamas and robe on. A lovely sight :p anyhoo, someone showed up after my wardrobe change and gave me the $20 :party

I have to admit though, I am borrowing it for me lunch money cos I had no money in me purse, and John forgot to go to the ATM to get me some :rofl well we were both too tired yesterday truth be told.

Connie, Adam's mom may be in the east bay on Thursday and may stop by to pick up the bike, tshirt, cheque and a $20. If not I can just drop them in the mail, bur really appreciate your offer :thumbup

Thanks all again, and thanks to those who donated directly to the paypal account.

Awesome job everyone.

That's a neat chair :wow Glad barf was able to make it a reality for you Adam

Bill, thank *you* :kiss

I found $20 in me dressing gown pocket yesterday morning :rofl

It got cold Sat night as we were sitting in the back yard, so I went and put me fluffy jamas and robe on. A lovely sight :p anyhoo, someone showed up after my wardrobe change and gave me the $20 :party

Awesome! :thumbup

Oh and fixed. :laughing

Back