• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

I’ve read exactly the opposite about those tires from all the corvetteforum guys who switched. I’ve got exactly zero experience with the Toyo. But I do know the Michelin takes heat very well. Below 60-70F, the grip is worse than A/S tires. When they’re warmed up though, They’re everything that Pilot Sports are known for. I can only imagine the effect with the Cup 2 that comes with the track package option is this sensation amped up even more.

The 888R is a R comp tire, just like the Cup 2, so logic would suggest they’d be god tier traction when in their heat range and sketchy AF when cold. But every ZR1 owner who switched to the Toyos has said they hook up much better on the street and are kinda shit on the track. Perhaps it has something to do with the Michelin being a runflat (which the suspension on Corvettes was engineered for) and the Toyo having a fairly soft sidewall?

Oh man, the Pilot Sports I have are absolute abortions cold and in the wet.

Oh man, the Pilot Sports I have are absolute abortions cold and in the wet.

FYI they put "pilot sport" on various tires of various performance targets. We're talking of the pilot super sport specifically. They are one of the best reviewed and most loved sporty street tire for many years. Can handle some light track duty but definitely not a track tire. They have only recently been replaced by the pilot sport 4s, and some people still prefer the old PSS, although the PS4S is objectively the better tire.

If you are looking for a tire with great longitudinal grip, see if they make the RE71 in your size; they have amazing traction.

RE-71 is an ancient tire. Good one, but old. They do make the new Potenza S007A in a full set size for my car. Run flats too. That may be an alternative if I want to abandon the Michelin setup.

There’s also some Continentals that are in my sizes. But that doesn’t matter because I think Contis are trash.

Sigh. If only they made M/T ET Streets in my size I’d be happy.

RE-71 is an ancient tire. Good one, but old. They do make the new Potenza S007A in a full set size for my car. Run flats too. That may be an alternative if I want to abandon the Michelin setup.

There’s also some Continentals that are in my sizes. But that doesn’t matter because I think Contis are trash.

Sigh. If only they made M/T ET Streets in my size I’d be happy.

Sorry I should have been more specific- I assumed you'd know I was talking about the RE71R. It has been the hot-shit cheater tire since it came out in 2014 or so. When it came out it had no competition, but now it has a few worthy competitors.

Sorry I should have been more specific- I assumed you'd know I was talking about the RE71R. It has been the hot-shit cheater tire since it came out in 2014 or so. When it came out it had no competition, but now it has a few worthy competitors.

Oh that one. Looks like one of the old Yokohama Advans. But yeah, not available in my sizes.

Want!!!

43848-e6bf5f4a.jpg

Did it say 3 cyl TWIN turbo? Two small ones spool up faster than one big one i guess, but id love to see how they split up the 3 exhausts to fit 2 turbos.

Found the answer to this question, and its even more amazing than i imagined! 3 cyl /2.0 ltr/ twin turbo/ ZERO cams!/600hp

[YOUTUBE]MsXRIEZ1qGE[/YOUTUBE]

Wow, and just when ICEs are getting old-hat. Imagine that in 8 or 12 cylinders.

Cant imagine why it wouldnt be coming soon to many engines. The Freevalve system vids came out about 3 yrs ago, and then we heard nothing. I have to think camless is the way of the future.

Cant imagine why it wouldnt be coming soon to many engines. The Freevalve system vids came out about 3 yrs ago, and then we heard nothing. I have to think camless is the way of the future.

Absolutely, you have infinitely variable valve timing.

Found the answer to this question, and its even more amazing than i imagined! 3 cyl /2.0 ltr/ twin turbo/ ZERO cams!/600hp

[YOUTUBE]MsXRIEZ1qGE[/YOUTUBE]

And STILL no audio of said BEASTLY motor. Weak.

Last edited:
Back