• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Y'all want a 700+ hp Hellcat Pacifica mini-van?

Chrysler-Pacifica-Minivan-a.webp

Mercedes AMG One Hypercar

mercedes-amg-one-hypercar-lewis-hamilton-0.webp

The German hypercar packs a 1.6-liter V6 petrol engine and four electric motors, for a maximum combined output in excess of 1,000 PS (992 HP / 740 kW) that will help it achieve a top speed of more than 350 km/h (217 mph).

Hey Budman....

I found you that Corvette you've been looking for!!!
Very nice Hennessey C8 with 1200HP for a mear $225K

Attachments

• Hennessey-C8-Corvette.jpg
    Hennessey-C8-Corvette.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 45
"... still wait for the next person to pay for a car before you can get yours built?" ???? Sorry, does not compute. :dunno

Maybe if ya fire off a question to them...
http://hennesseyperformance.com/contact/vehicle-information-request/

Hennessy is notorious for shitty business practices. I don’t see how they are considered a legitimate tuner/manufacturer.

Not a problem for me since I can’t afford their crap, but there is no way I would write them a check even if I could.

Wow... some unhappy campers! Clarification - in no way was I intending this to be an endorsement for any Hennessey products or services.

So how does a company stay in business for that long with such crappy reviews?

Last edited:
Been hearing about how shitty Hennessy is for over two decades now. Not just secondhand stuff read on the internet, but I used to hear from guys with Vipers in person how it had been like a year and he still didn’t finish their car yet. Yet the guy is still very much in business and is damn near a household name when it comes to fast cars.

Just not sure how this has been allowed to go on.

The F-chat Hennessey thread was epic. Can’t seem to find it at the moment but I remember it going on for several pages back and forth between members and Hennessey.

The F-chat Hennessey thread was epic. Can’t seem to find it at the moment but I remember it going on for several pages back and forth between members and Hennessey.

Lots of smack about Hennessey on the Modern Mopar forums about ten years ago, when I was involved in that kind of thing (the cars, not the smack :laughing ). Not sure how he brought his company back to life.

Rob, what are your favorite cars?

One might say I’m pretty fond of Corvettes. And a lot of other American stuff. Though I will certainly take a second look at a Ferrari/Lambo or most anything else that costs more than the median home price. But I think the best way to answer the question is what was on my short list when a spent waaay too much money on a car last year. And here’s everything that was in contention:

Shelby GT350 or wait for GT500
Lexus LC500
Cadillac CTS-V or CT6-V
Corvette Z06 or ZR1
Camaro ZL1
Jaguar F-Type
M6 GranCoupe
Acura NSX
AMG E63S Estate

And 15 months later now there have been some new choices introduced to the market that I would’ve also considered (Audi RS6 Avant and LC500 Convertible). But I still would pick the Corvette. Just silly fun.

Back