• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Comic strips,and Troll Faces, etc. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

tumblr_ng1w0k3Xn61tfpma3o1_500.png

My hometown is in a nice part of the south bay so I don't get that. I'm pretty sure the people who never left town are tech bros now. :laughing

They still live at home because they can't afford to move out.

You can afford to move out as long as your expectations are realistic. I've never had an issue living solo in the bay area proper. I think some people in their early 20s think they're supposed to be able to live like a CEO when they are just a lower-level engineer or technician et. al.

It doesn't say anything about anyone not having the money to move out. You guys have ruined the joke, and clearly cannot relate. For many of us, it rings true. :p:twofinger

Now post some goddamn pics. :laughing

You can afford to move out as long as your expectations are realistic. I've never had an issue living solo in the bay area proper. I think some people in their early 20s think they're supposed to be able to live like a CEO when they are just a lower-level engineer or technician et. al.

I haven't lived with my parents since I was a teenager, but doesnt mean I don't recognize the housing issues, esiecially in Marin. Costs are through the roof in the last 18 months

I've got a co-worker (prior enlisted, now a CPT) that is renting a studio apartment in Sunnyvale for $1,500. He's got a 5-bedroom house & farm he owns with his wife & four kids in Idaho. He's making ends meet with a little left over, and is extremely happy to have a job.

If you want to live on your own, you can. You might have to sacrifice cable, the latest whizbang iPhone, and the usual BS, but you can do it.

Considering northern California home And rental costs (as well as lack of rental inventory), that's not always the dig it's meant to be

Ever notice that living at home is proof positive of a lack of ambition, but moving out and paying rent rather than living within your means is wasteful and will ruin your financial future because entitled kids these days! :afm199

:laughing

Back