• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Comic strips,and Troll Faces, etc. (NSFW images must be linked & labelled)

10689490_10154931830215078_8383115270140361366_n.jpg

In 1989, I paid $987 a semester at Ariz. St. as an in-state student.

Today I pay $6000 a semester at U of A as an in-state grad student.

College tuition has risen 40% in the last 15 years alone

It's pretty simple. The USA passed peak prosperity. Each Generation will have it worse than the previous one.

Last edited:
I was super depressed when I realized that my paycheck in 2010 was the same as my dads in 1990 (both at age 30). He was a truck driver, I worked in commercial air conditioning :(

Every time I try to go back to school, life gets in the way and I have to quit and try to make money again. Failed attempt number 5 is underway. At this rate, I will have a degree when I am ready to retire (die) :D

I was super depressed when I realized that my paycheck in 2010 was the same as my dads in 1990 (both at age 30). He was a truck driver, I worked in commercial air conditioning :(

Every time I try to go back to school, life gets in the way and I have to quit and try to make money again. Failed attempt number 5 is underway. At this rate, I will have a degree when I am ready to retire (die) :D

If it makes you feel any better, I set the record at Cal State Hayward with the number of transcripts from schools attended. Nine. That's what military service and moving around can do to you. :teeth

Its ok joshua... just take up boxing... at worst you'll come in second.

:laughing

Wait a minute :x

If it makes you feel any better, I set the record at Cal State Hayward with the number of transcripts from schools attended. Nine. That's what military service and moving around can do to you. :teeth

:thumbup

In 1989, I paid $987 a semester at Ariz. St. as an in-state student.

Today I pay $6000 a semester at U of A as an in-state grad student.

I pay $8500 ($2000/month) a semester for my daughter at UCB. The she joined a sorority $300/month. Then she couldn't commute from Hayward and needed an apartment (after student housing and sorority housing) $1100/month. The only thing that keeps me from mentally losing it is that my parents did it for me and she will have to do it for her own as well.

Back