• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

^ that's wierd....it looks like a different wheel/tire combo, frt to rear...I wonder why a brand new bike would be like that???

Freewheel or fixed gear?

It's set up right now as a fixed gear. But I think I might have it as a freewheel, till I get used to it.

will try and make it out to Benders tonight, but I'm sure it's going to be raging, and I gotta head out to THill tomorrow.

Didn't realize it was the same weekend as AFM race.

I'll stop by with the bike sometime, you can check it out.

Im looking to buy like a 10spd under $300 mainly for commuting but im looking for something light and quick too. If any of you have spare bikes for sale, shoot me a pm.

A few of us meeting at Castro Valley BART at ~9:30 a.m. for a South Gate approach to Mt. Diablo. Del's supposed to be there... pace will be chill/intermediate.

Yes, thank you DucatiHoney, I STILL ride bikes and dammit you're the third person this week to say that. :cry

Come join us, the more the merrier!

DucatiHoney beat me to the top of Diablo. As we approached the 3000ft. elevation sign, I dropped off and Heather kept on trucking.:thumbup

I hope you guys can join us next time, we had a great time despite the sweltering heat.

See Mateo, I still do ride.:ride

Psssshhht.... Cheezy was sittin' back eatin' a sammich while I was trying to crank up that hot, damned hill. If he'd tried I would have been toasted. :x

I really just wanted to get up to some shade and cool water, hence my boogyin' up the grade. Temps today for Walnut Creek were recorded at 97F. I lost about 2 lbs. during our ride. I drank 6+ bottles of water (with electrolytes) for a 50 mile route and still can't go 10 minutes without drinking a glass of water. I haven't peed in several hours. Yikes. Think I might have gotten a tad dehydrated--but I feel fine. :)

LIVESTRONG Challenge San Jose

Last year I raised funds for the Portland LIVESTRONG Challenge. I support the Lance Armstrong Foundation because during my melanoma scare they were there for me without any hesitation. This year I'm raising funds for the LIVESTRONG Challenge in San Jose which is less than 1 week away.

Asking for a donation is not my favorite thing, but it is for a really good cause. If you would like to support my efforts, there is a link at the bottom of the page that will bring you to the LIVESTRONG Challenge site.

Thank you in advance for your time and generosity.

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorRe...69D6D5133432285D73DAE0C2BB3D8&supId=163290623

Sincerely,

Matthew McNelley

I recently got a used road bike (1993 Trek 2100).
Its in very good condition, but I ran into a problem while riding it.
It has 7 gears in the back and 2 in the front.
When i was shifting the front to the bigger sprocket the cable came off.

One part is a little frayed, but its still all together - I should probably replace the whole thing but I dont really want to.

Even so, I have no idea how. I just wanted to put the cable back onto where ever it goes onto the front derailleur, but I have no idea where it goes.

Can any one help me out on how to fix this? thanks.

Hey guys, looking at upgrading my seat-post.....I have a 56cm Trek 5200, what size seat post should I get? 272mm or 316mm?

Hey guys, looking at upgrading my seat-post.....I have a 56cm Trek 5200, what size seat post should I get? 272mm or 316mm?

Just won a Thompson Masterpiece and I'm not sure what size to get either... 54CM Fuji Cross Pro....

Pull the OE or existing posts from your frames. Most will have an engraved or etched mark indicating the size, no?

Ricardo Ricco, BAM!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/tour08/news/?id=/news/2008/jul08/jul17news4a

Italian rider Riccardo Riccò of Saunier Duval has tested positive for blood booster Erythropoietin (EPO), French sports daily L'Equipe reported on its website on Thursday. According to the paper's Damien Ressiot, one of the climber's urine samples collected by the French Anti-Doping Agency AFLD showed traces of a third generation EPO called CERA (Continuous Erythropoietin Receptor Activator), despite there being no WADA-validated test for the drug.

The team's buses and cars were reportedly stopped by gendarmes and searched, and the police were seen taking bags of items away.

The Saunier Duval team has voluntarily withdrawn itself from the Tour de France, and said it would not compete in any races until further notice. Directeur sportif Joxean Fernandez Matxin said he was as surprised as anybody. "We only found out ten minutes ago. The entire team will stop racing, not only in the Tour de France. We suspend the activities of the team until we understand what has happened."

Riccò, who won two stages in the Tour de France (the sixth and ninth), was ninth on general classification before the news broke on Thursday morning. The Italian's impressive performances have in the past been explained by his naturally high hematocrit level.

Back