• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Look what I saw at work. Sorry about the crappy phone pic....

2726509529_847449ec18.jpg

From what I understand, that's waaaaaay too big to be your bike.
:p

Hi Road Bikers - Hey, my good neighbor here in Oakland was riding his bike, and minding his own business when he got waved down by some OPD and given a photocopy of a document titled: "Common Bicycle Offenses Committed In The City Of Oakland". To wit:

Vehicle Code (VC) violations:
Single Wheel Brake Required 21201(a)
Handlebars No Higher than Shoulders 21201(b)
Lights/Reflectors 21101(d)
Failure to use right side of roadway 21202(a)
Permanent seat (riding on) 21204(a)
Passenger on permanent seat 21204(b)
Failure to use bicycle lane 21208(a)
Signal to leave bicycle lane 21208(b)
Under 18 must wear a helmet 21212(a)
Bicycle License Required 39002(a)

WTF? Bicycle License??!!! Have any of you heard abouyt this? The Officer sounded to my neighbor like he was gonna get a ticket toot sweet if he didn't get a license...

Holy smoke. Never heard of that one...

Did a little poking around and found some wikification on 39002(a)
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d16_7/vc39002.htm

But still, what a waste of time...

Sucks about the license. Kinda a waste of time to enforce it when there's more pressing matters happening in Oakland. You know, like shootings, murders, people launching mortars by the recycling plant. You know, shit like that.

In other news, saw the sun pop out all of a sudden over here in the sunset, so went for a brisk 25 miler. Circled the city along great hwy, over to the presidio, down the embarcadero and home by way of Benders. :teeth

great ride.

Attachments

• HPIM0589.jpg
    HPIM0589.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 78
  • HPIM0600.jpg
    HPIM0600.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 80
  • HPIM0594.jpg
    HPIM0594.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 74
Sucks about the license. Kinda a waste of time to enforce it when there's more pressing matters happening in Oakland. You know, like shootings, murders, people launching mortars by the recycling plant. You know, shit like that.

In other news, saw the sun pop out all of a sudden over here in the sunset, so went for a brisk 25 miler. Circled the city along great hwy, over to the presidio, down the embarcadero and home by way of Benders. :teeth

great ride.
SUPERKULE shot!! The one with the shadowy waves in the sand.:thumbup

Thanks Harpo. I was taking a long exposure shot with the camera (flash turned off), and a car pulled up into the parking lot, and I'm cussing it out for adding too much light. but it turned out pretty cool. :laughing so I can't bitch.

Fun ride. Weaving through tourists on the Embarcardero. :laughing

great ride.

Its good that your SF hipster bike has a front brake. :thumbup

Acctually, I want to build up a commuter fixed gear with lights and fenders.

Got an Ultegra 6600 Group for sale. Will help you install. I worked in bicycle shops for 9 years. I'm looking for $600 for everything.

Brakes
Deraiulleurs
STI
Cranks
Bottom Bracket

I live in North Oakland. Bring cash and your bike. ;)

I've lost it. I was sucked in to the vortex of cycling madness last Friday. So at 4pm, I quietly sat in my garage staring at a brand new full carbon fiber (frame/fork), 105/Ultegra-equipped, 18.32 lb, Road Bike. While I fully intend to remain a mountain biker for LIFE - I've decided to incorporate a bit of skinny-tire, mile-eating, cadence forming, big-gear turning, roadie style to my pedaling repertoire.

Not the most emotion-evoking bike brand, but I could not pass up the deal I got at my LBS on a ’08 Fuji Team (C4 Carbon Frame, Ultegra/105 mix). I spent all weekend "upgrading" and hope to finish my "adjustments" tonight. My ribs still hurt from my fall a week ago, so I won't be riding until this weekend.

Any of you guys/gals have any experience with Fuji's line of bikes?

http://www.fujibikes.com/2008/bikes.asp?id=394

I've lost it. I was sucked in to the vortex of cycling madness last Friday. So at 4pm, I quietly sat in my garage staring at a brand new full carbon fiber (frame/fork), 105/Ultegra-equipped, 18.32 lb, Road Bike. While I fully intend to remain a mountain biker for LIFE - I've decided to incorporate a bit of skinny-tire, mile-eating, cadence forming, big-gear turning, roadie style to my pedaling repertoire.

Not the most emotion-evoking bike brand, but I could not pass up the deal I got at my LBS on a ’08 Fuji Team (C4 Carbon Frame, Ultegra/105 mix). I spent all weekend "upgrading" and hope to finish my "adjustments" tonight. My ribs still hurt from my fall a week ago, so I won't be riding until this weekend.

Any of you guys/gals have any experience with Fuji's line of bikes?

http://www.fujibikes.com/2008/bikes.asp?id=394

I had a Fuji (a low-end model) for less than 30 days. I returned it and got a Trek instead. 'Nuff said. Different strokes for different folks though. :thumbup

I had a Fuji (a low-end model) for less than 30 days. I returned it and got a Trek instead. 'Nuff said. Different strokes for different folks though. :thumbup

Which Fuji did you have (spec)? Which Trek did you replace it with? I looked at Trek's line and must admit - I really like them (I have an '08 Fuel EX8), but could not justify the $$ they want for their OCLV 105/Ultegra bike - specially since I am not a full-fledged roadie geek. But my Taiwan-made (90% of carbon bikes are sourced from China or Taiwan), full-carbon, well spec'd bike came in at a price I could live with. Though it seems a lot of guys/gals are racing the Fuji C10/7/4 framed bikes out of the box.

So what are you on again?

Which Fuji did you have (spec)? Which Trek did you replace it with? I looked at Trek's line and must admit - I really like them (I have an '08 Fuel EX8), but could not justify the $$ they want for their OCLV 105/Ultegra bike - specially since I am not a full-fledged roadie geek. But my Taiwan-made (90% of carbon bikes are sourced from China or Taiwan), full-carbon, well spec'd bike came in at a price I could live with. Though it seems a lot of guys/gals are racing the Fuji C10/7/4 framed bikes out of the box.

So what are you on again?

DucatiHoney rides the Vessel of Pain which makes grown men weep in her wake!

:teeth

Your time on the road bike will pay off on the trails :) I'm actually a little burned on all the trail riding I've been doing, and plan to spend some time on the roadie to get back up to speed.

Back