Erik Buell is back

ugh dude I didn't say fastest lap. I'll use shorter sentences.
the EBR isn't shit to me until it can perform on par with the competition outside of the soon to be defunct AMA/DMG.

its not that hard to understand.

look in may the WSBK and the AMA will be at miller and then we'll see what a 40,000 ten person company can do. until then. its an over priced potential superbike. nothing more.

now as far as what I know about motorcycles, the fact that you think I know nothing about for whatever reason just goes to show you that anyone who disagrees with you for any reason you don't understand apparently doesn't know anything. That is textbook ignorance. but whatever. I know what I know and you know what you know so enjoy your ama/dmg wrestling match and I'll enjoy every other respectable form of racing.

So? Many manufacturers used racing technology to develop their street engines. :dunno

ok maybe in a few decades we'll get a decent Buell thats based on the EBR protoype they're trying to pass as a superbike... im still trying to figure out how my bike got pulled into this...:dunno

now as far as what I know about motorcycles, the fact that you think I know nothing about for whatever reason just goes to show you that anyone who disagrees with you for any reason you don't understand apparently doesn't know anything. That is textbook ignorance. but whatever.

Wrong, I never suggested that anyone who doesn't agree with me knows nothing, my assertion was that someone expecting a 10 person company with no budget would be able to field a WSBK team must not know anything.

Ozymandias and I do not agree on several things we have discussed here but I never suggested that he doesn't know what he is talking about.

again I never said buell should field a WSBK team. where are you getting this man? do you have Glenn beck on speed dial or something. I did say perform on a WSBK level. but they don't need to field a freakin team. look if the buell can get lap times and a race pace that is contendable to WSBK at miller then I will rescind my negative stance against buell and acknowledge that is moving in a good direction in my opinion. now im not going to tout it like a street corner evangelist but I will respect it as a formidable bike. I mean they solved two of the three biggest complaints in my book its no longer part of HD and its no longer ugly. so que mas?

Last edited:
AMA and WSBK don't run the same circuit layout at Miller. Lap time aren't useful. Additionally, WSBK spec bikes are way, way higher spec than AMA. AMAM uses homologated parts which means that everyone can buy those parts. WSBK has tons of prototype parts and traction control systems used on MotoGP but are banned in AMA.

That said, I do appreciate the change in your tone. It is certainly more constructive and worth discussing than:

Buell SUX

Wrong Bike :twofinger :twofinger

whille your guy is trying to get His 1190cc lawn mower back in the the 600 class
Mike's been winning on these...

Hopefully, you can understand why that would be irritating.

regardless of racing and all that, buells are cool bikes IMO.

totally radical thinking in chassis, swingarm, and braking components. at least they are out there, trying new things and thinking outside the box. I love I4s, and i think the scream of one is awesome and racing one was always badass. but it does get oild that all the "main" manufactures basically go with the same concept, with just subtlye revisios year in and year out.

buell on the other hand, does some outrageous shit too. while I think their braking system is not the way to go in the end, I totally dig theer aproach.the bikes were igly as sht, but turns out that was HD's fault.

the new stuff ive been seeing from erik is much much better. its too bad they couldnt hook u with terbelanche

AMA and WSBK don't run the same circuit layout at Miller. Lap time aren't useful. Additionally, WSBK spec bikes are way, way higher spec than AMA. AMAM uses homologated parts which means that everyone can buy those parts. WSBK has tons of prototype parts and traction control systems used on MotoGP but are banned in AMA.

That said, I do appreciate the change in your tone. It is certainly more constructive and worth discussing than:

Hopefully, you can understand why that would be irritating.

you know. come to think of it that was a bit of a dick move. I apologize.

you know. come to think of it that was a bit of a dick move. I apologize.

Cool. So, we can go into the season waiting to see how it goes. Hopefully, just enjoying some good racing.

oh great

gay_thread.jpg

right I guess we're just going to ignore 2009's supersport debacle... naw its Cool.

Honestly I cannot wait to have an american Motorcycle that isn't a complete failure and a blatant embarrassment. you know a Bike that can hold its own at the WSBK level? But buell or EBR or whatever the hell they're calling themselves Isn't going to do it...

besides you guys may write off electric bikes as hippie bullshit but like it or not that bike and the tech behind it is the best two wheel thing to come out of america.

WOW!
How about the fact that the 1190 race bike has been in the hands of pegus race team for a year. They kicked ass in the European sound of thunder racing series, running against bmw's, honda's yamaha's, ducati's... etc.
With the shit that EBR has had to go thorugh, it is amazing what the have been able to do.

I bet you have never driven a buell.
I own an 1125cr, and a bmw k1200r. I can tell you the buell kicks ass, power like a jap 1000, but corners with the 600's.

You don't know even half the story. Erik Buell raced in college while studying mechanical engineering. He is an engineering genius, he has an insane amount of patents. The ZTL brake system, which saves 6lb's of unsprung weight. fuel in frame, oil tank in swing arm, using the engine as a part of the frame. looking over the 1125 you can see the incredible engineering detail that went into the design of it. Every part has multiple functions.

EBR is a small team, composed of ex buell engineers. The whole company is 10 people, yet they have produced a kick ass street bike in under a year, while running a race team and supporting racers.

Harley screwed Erik over, they didn't let him build the bikes he wanted, then when he finally got to build the liquid cooled 1125 he wanted, the plug got pulled because the new CEO doesn't like sportbikes. He was supposed to get the vrod engine, Erik and Porsche started the design, then harley took it from him and bloated it. When Harley signed buell motorcycles on, they made him put up his house as collateral on the 300k they originally invested in buell. Harley spent more money shutting down buell then they did investing in buell when they had it.

Buell struggled because of harley. Do you know why the 1125 motor was 1125 cc's? Its not because that is what erik chose, it is because the Harley executives would not let buell have an engine that was larger then their 1129cc vrod engine.

Harley gave erik the shaft the whole time, they even screwed him out of his patents when they shut buell down.

check out the 1190rr:
http://www.sporttwin.com/index.php?...sus-race-team-wins-with-1190rr-in-first-race/

I think we've gone over most of this and if you read the rest of the topic, came to a reasonable conclusion.

does this mean that now this thread can be CLOSED ?

'closed' isn't a problem, 'cause AMA Daytona's in just 2 weeks -
regardless of how the lone EBR 1190RR finishes in ASB
[or the Buell 1125Rs do in DSB], this board'll be chattering away

it IS what we do, eh.......?

Attachments

• Buell2010MayBarber.jpg
    Buell2010MayBarber.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Buell2010MayBarberLeading.jpg
    Buell2010MayBarberLeading.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 38
WOW!
How about the fact that the 1190 race bike has been in the hands of pegus race team for a year. They kicked ass in the European sound of thunder racing series, running against bmw's, honda's yamaha's, ducati's... etc.
With the shit that EBR has had to go thorugh, it is amazing what the have been able to do.

I own an 1125cr, and a bmw k1200r. I can tell you the buell kicks ass, power like a jap 1000, but corners with the 600's.

You don't know even half the story. Erik Buell raced in college while studying mechanical engineering. He is an engineering genius, he has an insane amount of patents. The ZTL brake system, which saves 6lb's of unsprung weight. fuel in frame, oil tank in swing arm, using the engine as a part of the frame. looking over the 1125 you can see the incredible engineering detail that went into the design of it. Every part has multiple functions.

EBR is a small team, composed of ex buell engineers. The whole company is 10 people, yet they have produced a kick ass street bike in under a year, while running a race team and supporting racers.

Harley screwed Erik over, they didn't let him build the bikes he wanted, then when he finally got to build the liquid cooled 1125 he wanted, the plug got pulled because the new CEO doesn't like sportbikes. He was supposed to get the vrod engine, Erik and Porsche started the design, then harley took it from him and bloated it. When Harley signed buell motorcycles on, they made him put up his house as collateral on the 300k they originally invested in buell. Harley spent more money shutting down buell then they did investing in buell when they had it.

Buell struggled because of harley. Do you know why the 1125 motor was 1125 cc's? Its not because that is what erik chose, it is because the Harley executives would not let buell have an engine that was larger then their 1129cc vrod engine.

Harley gave erik the shaft the whole time, they even screwed him out of his patents when they shut buell down.

check out the 1190rr:
http://www.sporttwin.com/index.php?...sus-race-team-wins-with-1190rr-in-first-race/
way to keep up... :twofinger congrats on your first post.

WOW!

check out the 1190rr:

well said BARF newbie :p

I didnt know that about the 1125 vs 1129, sounds abotu right though, more HD peen measuring...

Back