Erik Buell is back

Ozymandias, I'm going to just ignore the EBR name issue you have simply because it seems unique to you and we don't need yet another explanation of it.

The price tag and being a boutique builder: the 1190RS is intended to be a halo model, similar to Corvette's ZR1, it isn't going to be the only model but rather accomplish two goals. the first is to bring in some cash to support building additional, more production models and the second being to get through homologation with a bike that can compete well in AMA Superbike. That isn't thinking like a boutique builder, the goal is entirely focused on racing and building bikes the rest of us might be able to afford.

As to bringing respectable results, I think the Buell finally has the bike to do that. The 1125R was intentionally not meant to compete with other superbikes* when it was designed. The fact that EBR was able to get the results they did with the bike should be taken as evidence that with the right bike, they should be a lot closer to the top.

I'm ignoring Zero_1RR's comments about competing in WSBK because it just shows his complete cluelessness about racing.

* See Cycleworld May 2010

yeah right..:rolleyes I was trollin

Dude. Your bike has never even been in any kind of race. Much less fucking win one!

You need race bred performance, to uhhhhh, what? Compete with your VFR?

Seriously bro, I love VFRs and even own one myself, but a Buell 1125R will beat the shit out of either of our bikes.

:rofl:rofl

I really hope so. I would love to be proven wrong and see that thing perform. It's a fabulous looking machine and I will admit if I had that kind of disposable income I would certainly dig deeper and possibly entertain purchasing one. I'm really not anti Buell regardless of how my statements are coming across. I'm only trying to be a realist.

Dude. Your bike has never even been in any kind of race. Much less fucking win one!

You need race bred performance, to uhhhhh, what? Compete with your VFR?

Seriously bro, I love VFRs and even own one myself, but a Buell 1125R will beat the shit out of either of our bikes.

:rofl:rofl
what are you talking about? no one's comparing the EBR to a vfr but if you did you might want to look up the history behind hondas RC program or perhaps read V force.

Wtf_is_this_shit.jpg

Ozymandias, I'm going to just ignore the EBR name issue you have simply because it seems unique to you and we don't need yet another explanation of it.

The price tag and being a boutique builder: the 1190RS is intended to be a halo model, similar to Corvette's ZR1, it isn't going to be the only model but rather accomplish two goals. the first is to bring in some cash to support building additional, more production models and the second being to get through homologation with a bike that can compete well in AMA Superbike. That isn't thinking like a boutique builder, the goal is entirely focused on racing and building bikes the rest of us might be able to afford.

As to bringing respectable results, I think the Buell finally has the bike to do that. The 1125R was intentionally not meant to compete with other superbikes* when it was designed. The fact that EBR was able to get the results they did with the bike should be taken as evidence that with the right bike, they should be a lot closer to the top.

I'm ignoring Zero_1RR's comments about competing in WSBK because it just shows his complete cluelessness about racing.

* See Cycleworld May 2010

well Im glad you've decided to ignore that which you do not agree with. also known as the republican strategy.

If you know so much about racing why don't you and brown join the MCN fantasy league and show off your vast knowledge of racing. Then when you win you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you know more about racing than anyone else. The ball is in your court...

Attachments

• KLOVE.jpg
    KLOVE.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 28
If you know so much about racing why don't you and brown join the MCN fantasy league and show off your vast knowledge of racing. Then when you win you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you know more about racing than anyone else. The ball is in your court...

You really think that is a testament to your racing knowledge? That's what you are standing on?

How about this, go to the site in my signature and when the racing season starts, take a shot at the Prediction Contest.

Just out of curiosity, since when does winning a fantasy league prove anything about what you know about a sport? :dunno

Particularly when winning a this fantasy league is just a matter of picking the riders that will consistently score points and not be injured. Doing poorly is just the bad luck of picking a rider that gets injured.

And there are no odds so just picking the the best guy on the best bike is a good strategy. Takes a real genius to do that.

Just out of curiosity, since when does winning a fantasy league prove anything about what you know about a sport? :dunno

well by understanding the factors that play into racing. fantasy football doesn't make you a great football player. but it does require a level of understanding that most spectators just don't care about. The same goes with racing. in this particular case fantasy road racing will not prove who's the better racer but I will prove who knows what factors to consider when compiling a winning team. one could just go with their favorite riders and hope for the best just as a spectator roots for his favorite team. but we all know that is about as effective as trying to solve a math equation by Praying really hard. successful fantasy racing doesn't instantaneously bestow infinite knowledge but it does show who knows which factors matter and which don't thus proving that it may not be a testament to my racing knowledge but it is a part of it.

@JoEBRMC making a prediction at the beginning of the race is Ludicrous. who are you racetradamus? theres no way I'd make a blind judgement like that. Is that a testament of your racing knowledge? predictions?

@JoEBRMC making a prediction at the beginning of the race is Ludicrous. who are you racetradamus? theres no way I'd make a blind judgement like that. Is that a testament of your racing knowledge? predictions?

No, but if you take a look at the rest of the site, it should become pretty clear that I have devoted the past 3 year to building a database of MotoGP stats and being the source of answers some of the best English language writers questions. How often has someone emailed you looking for an answer to a question from Dennis Noyes for an article he is writing?

Last edited:
^^^^^that one may be too 'spensive for an '03

x,
the 9 & 12 really are very similar, yet quite different.......

Or at least perform respectably. I would consider it if the Buell was showing at least a top 10 with at least SOME consistency...

Geoff May rode the latter part of last season on a Buell 1125 in AMA Superbike, his last 5 finishes were 6-8-7-6-6. That's at least a good enough result to make it interesting seeing what they can do running a full season with the 1190 in 2011.

My prediction... he's not going to beat Josh Hayes or Blake Young or Tommy Hayden on a regular basis but the team will be competitive with anyone else on the grid.

korn,

wait a minute - KBB doen't account for the Penske or the Race Kit - mebbe it's priced fairly.....

whatever - get over there & do a test ride !

what are you talking about? no one's comparing the EBR to a vfr but if you did you might want to look up the history behind hondas RC program or perhaps read V force.

Wtf_is_this_shit.jpg

Read it. Own it.

A VFR800 is not anything like an RC-45.

Ludes. Stop. Taking. Them. You. Are. Getting. Pwnd. Repeatedly.:|

Read it. Own it.

A VFR800 is not anything like an RC-45.

Ludes. Stop. Taking. Them. You. Are. Getting. Pwnd. Repeatedly.:|
right:rolleyes im getting pwned in what is basically a Buell circle jerk. ok buddy. if I continue to disagree with you are you going to start throwing teabags at me too?

you do know the VFR800 is also known as the RC-46 right? it might not have the same v-4 but the tech is derived from the RVF program right? thats all im saying

@JOEBRMC so you should have no problem besting all of us. sign up and prove you're right after all if you lose its just a stupid fantasy site right. I spent the last 8 years devoted to Producing does that mean I know more than you about film, music, and Television than you? of course not. so que mas?

@JOEBRMC so you should have no problem besting all of us. sign up and prove you're right after all if you lose its just a stupid fantasy site right.

I could take first place or come in dead last and it wouldn't tell anyone anything about how much I know about racing. More important, it wouldn't tell us anything about the fact that you know next to nothing about racing.

It certainly wouldn't do anything to explain why asking Buell to run fastest lap in a WSBK session is stupid.

Back