• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Whew. Singles Main had me on the edge of my seat.

I think we just saw the best race of the night and the Supertwins have not run. WoW that was a race.

I'm just getting around to watching a couple of dvr'd races (Volusia)...

Is that the dude from MTV's Headbangers Ball doing post race interviews? :afm199

Yeah and Riki Rachtman has not scored a lot points with the FT community. The interview he did with Chad Cose on the Saturday live stream is the only time he's been tolerable in the last year.

I think Rachtman did the interviews for NBC Sports at Volusia because the regular podium interviewer lost her voice during the weekend.

What did you think of the races?

Yeah and Riki Rachtman has not scored a lot points with the FT community. The interview he did with Chad Cose on the Saturday live stream is the only time he's been tolerable in the last year.

I think Rachtman did the interviews for NBC Sports at Volusia because the regular podium interviewer lost her voice during the weekend.

What did you think of the races?

Is that the long haired dude??

He seemed OK to me. :dunno

Shayna schooled. Finally got to see both races.

Briar seems like the Jimmy Swaggart of racing. He just wants to promote the FT series. Seems weird.

Just passing some information on Dick Mann. Cecil is a lifelong friend so I feel comfortable posting this. Dick Mann is still with us, but it does not sound good.

Cecil Rendon, Stockton Motorcycle Club

Those of us of a certain age, will remember the unstoppable Dick Mann.
My brother in law has been friends with Dick for decades and Dick has been his mentor in vintage motorcycle racing and building. They went to vintage races together many times, Sand Hill, etc. Dick has passed on his secrets to engine and frame building as well as passing on a number of his old race and trials bikes.
Dick has had a lot of medical problems in recent years and has lived with a feeding tube for the last several. He has had slowly diminishing health. His doctors say he is in his last two weeks, so my brother in law went over to for what is expected to be his last visit.
Just an FYI as to the passing of one of the most memorable people in the motorcycle world.

Sorry to hear about Dick Mann's health struggles. Legend isn't even a big enough word to describe him.

That sucks to hear. Dick is an icon worthy of a :hail

In other not sad news Travis Pastrana will race a KTM in the The Atlanta Super TT at Atlanta Motor Speedway on May 1st.

“I haven’t been able to beat Ryan Sipes at anything on two wheels in a very long time,” said Pastrana. “It probably won’t happen at the Atlanta Super TT, but I bet him $1 that it would. Either way, it’s going to be a lot of fun trying!”

Pretty excited about Pastrana racing AFT Singles at Atlanta. Going to be great fun.

Tyler O'Hara is pulling throwback double duty this weekend in Atlanta. In addition to racing King of the Baggers in MotoAmerica, O'Hara will drive 80 miles south Saturday night to make his debut in AFT SuperTwins racing an FTR750 at the Atlanta TT.

I remember, O'Hara finished 4th at the Peoria TT when he raced AFT Singles years ago. He's raced Pro Flat Track, had top ten finishes in DMG Daytona Sportbike, won V&H XR1200 races, won his class at Pikes Peak, won pro Supermoto races and more. Love these guys who can race anything and get good results.

Just a reminder. Super TT today, NBC GOLD coverage starts at 1:30 pm pacific time. IF you have Xfinity go to the apps and then sports and they have the NBC SPORTS GOLD app.

My prediction is Travis will not last long. I hope he makes the main, but would not put any money on it.

This track looks so cool. Appears much longer than the Daytona TT layout. Yamahas were fast in all classes practice sessions yesterday.

Cool to see Travis and Sipes out battling for a Buck.

Travis faster in practice.

It is a pretty cool track. The jump is really tame. More like a soft hill.

This big TT layout allows plenty of passing opportunities. The Singles class delivers a lot of action in the Semis.

JD Beach sure looks in control tonight. Would love to see him win tonight.

I have not enjoyed watching a runaway main event this much in a long time. Great job by JD Beach. Daniels wins two for the night and Yamaha wins all three.

Great racing.

Back