• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

I feel the same way. These big TT layouts make for spectacular viewing. You can really get wowed by the racer's skill with the variety of turns and the jump. And anything good that happens for JD Beach is a win for everyone.

Big night for Dallas Daniels. A lot of break out performances from the rest of the podium in all three races. Was bummed for Johnny Lewis but glad he wasn't hurt. Great ride by T.O. Hope he gets more opportunities to race AFT soon.

JD was cracking me up in the post race: "Big dogs gotta eat, WOOF!!!"

I liked that. Same for Briar Bauman calling his good friend Vanderkooi fat. :laughing

Pastrana showing up, doing the back flip and finishing 9th, beating a couple of recent winners in the Singles class. Then he drives all night with one-dollar-richer Ryan Sipes to race a GNCC event in Indiana the next day. Awesome.

There are two TBA dates on schedule - Sept. 17/18 - which everyone assumes are a doubleheader Sacramento Mile.

That doubleheader was originally scheduled for this coming weekend before being moved.

Texas Half Mile this evening. Track prep looks fantastic for once. Don't know if the surface will groove up but the race line is wide in practice offering multiple lines. Could be epic.

Semis start around 4:15pm Pacific

Mains start at 5:30pm Pacific.

AFT just announced the Texas Half Mile is cancelled as the rain is not forecast to let up and the track would not be suitable tonight or anytime tomorrow. Chicago Half Mile is next weekend.

Chicago Half Mile tomorrow (Saturday) evening in Joliet, IL. Hoping for good weather.

Royal Enfield's Build Train Race program is part of this event. Women were able to enter for a chance to custom build a flat track bike based on a Royal Enfield 650 street bike. Their Semi is 4:20pm PDT. The Build Train Race Main is part of the AFT evening program.

AFT Semis start at 5:15pm PDT

Mains start at 6:10pm PDT

The singles continue to deliver great racing.

OKC track looks bad. I pray this does not turn into a Santa Rosa.

Motocross at 100 MPH

Last edited:
Hope they grade the surface again before the mains.

That berm and piles of dirt on the inside should not be there. I don't understand why they aren't removing that dirt after what just happened. Shorten the mains if needed but make the track safer.

The track should not have been run. No fun watching riders in a 100 MPH motocross. AND only 12 riders in the premier class AFT has not helped the sport. The singles and super twins are better races. Henry Wiles ran away with the singles, should he be running the top class? Yes, he should be in the top class. But if you are not picked up by a TEAM with money you can not race in the top class. I am not sure it is the top class anymore. :thumbdown

My feeling summed up by this post from Flattrack.com on FB. Yes that Mike Kidd.

Mike Kidd
27m

I'm sorry for posting negative thoughts this morning, however watching AFT take what was once the AMA GRAND NATIONAL SERIES to the lowest point in the history of the sport makes me sick.

Rant over.

The good news is from the Honda team.

Mike Turner

Trevor Brunner is doing fine. A little bruised up right now. AFT medical staff did a terrific job. His helmet and safety features of the new leathers really worked. We are thankful to God that it was not worse.

Thanks for the update on Trever Brunner. Ugly crash and he was completely limp when he stopped tumbling.

I asked AFT on Twitter if they would remove that dirt on the inside before tonight's race because its obviously dangerous. Doubt I'll get a response.

Back