• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Golf

I saw their 72* wedge someone posted on Reddit that they'd bought as a joke for a friend but ended up loving. They're on my radar for a shits and giggles "why not give it a shot..." (though I'd probably go with the 66* and not the 72*).

Just holding off on buying any new gear till my bike sells. Then it's game on.

What would a distance be on a 72° wedge? Like 50y?

I’ll just take a short swing with a 56° and call it good. :laughing

I added the 66* to my set and get about 70yrds with a full swing. It's such a steep loft that I pretty much only use the 66* when I'm bunkered up against the dirt wall.

I just use my driver everywhere. I can only hit as far as a 7 iron anyway. I'm going to try putting with it next.

Mad

I just use my driver everywhere. I can only hit as far as a 7 iron anyway. I'm going to try putting with it next.

Mad

Welcome to my world! :laughing

For me, the biggest difference in which iron I choose is how much loft I need on the shot. Almost everything goes about the same distance it seems.

Just brought my clubs back from mom's house.

Gotta round up the friends for some ball blasting soon.

I really, really need to work on my putting. I'm averaging 37 putts per round but have been as high as 44 (though granted, that was with punched greens).

I'll trade you. I can't hit a driver shot to save my life.

Some holes, I'll take my first shot with a hybrid I'm a lot more consistent with over my driver that might end up in the weeds and cost me another couple strokes.

Would it better if I didn't suck with my driver? Sure.

Is part of that likely due to whiskey sometimes? Also sure.

Lately i've looked at holes that, at first glance, say driver. But i look at how a driver can reach a bunker if pulled left, or has tons of danger at that length if sliced right. So i just use a 3 or 5 wood and give myself more room for error and accept a longer shot in to the green or maybe just 2 shots into the green. It's been good for my sanity.

Yeah I think I'm going to just start leaving my driver in the bag and hitting the 3 wood as I tend to hit that one fairly well.

Needed some new shoes, shopped around, snagged a pair of the Footjoy Hyperflex Boas and a pair of the Adidas ZG21 Boas.

The Hyperflex went back after 1 round due to shitty design and scraping my heel raw and bloody through a sock.

The Adidas are mad comfy and now my go-to shoe.

I'm on my second pair of Adidas, and can confirm the comfort.

They seem to fit wide feet well too.

Anyone watch golf? I have developed into a casual fan. It serves as the most entertaining industry for me. I enjoy the coverage of the rounds. That includes Men, Women, college, etc. (I will admit, I the kids competitions don't do anything for me. But, each their own.)

Well, to keep this light: Even the drama they are pushing between Koepka and DeChambeau has me chuckling. I am very aware of the potential for this present distraction to have a negative affect on the future of golf. But, I am really digging the high level ribbing and jokes that are coming from it. I do hope that golf tends back towards professionalism and class. This is about my limit for off-the-course drama.

Go American's at the Open! If anyone else wins, that is good, too. The level of play these guys put down on these courses is unbelievable.

Shot a personal best 78 at Half Moon Bay last week. Index is down to a 9.9. Working on getting it down to < 5 so I can start qualifying for some $$$$ tournaments.

Back