• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Golf

Playing daily you find that there are days you have the "magic" , and days that tank IS empty, nothing drops.
Then there is the club subset, some days the putter works, chipping is on fire, or can't hit a fairway, that day.

Spock never played the game, We be human, , ,

I usually have 1 of those things working on a given round. Just one though.

Lately my putting has been pretty consistent. Chipping is either smooth, or can't feel the clubs. If my irons are on, then my driver is off and vice versa.

Yep, magic.

We run a tourney every Friday, draw for teams, shotgun start.
Winning team usually 12/14 under

Some guys will skip the daily round on Thursday, to save up magic for the tourney on Fri.

Old guys have very ragged swings, working with pains, failing joints, tactical worm burners- shots that don't fly, but still get there.

I want to play more, just need a decent person to team up with. I hate signing up as a solo to play...I always get teamed up with alcoholics or assholes...or both...
Just catching up.

I guess we can't play :(

Having a beer is one thing...having a beer at 8:00 in the morning is ridiculous. Bringing a goddamn cooler full of booze to a golf game, especially at 8:00 in the morning is also ridiculous. :x

I mean, it's not like you're going to work after.

8:30am is still beer:30.

Unless you are a member somewhere, good luck getting an 8am tee time anyways.

8:00 AM tee times are actually not hard to get at all where I play...none of which are clubs. I'm not loaded enough to be a club member.

18 holes. 18 beers in a case.

its not a coincidence.

8am is screwdriver or bloody mary time, though.

Having a beer is one thing...having a beer at 8:00 in the morning is ridiculous. Bringing a goddamn cooler full of booze to a golf game, especially at 8:00 in the morning is also ridiculous. :x

8am is screwdriver or bloody mary time, though.

Mimosas or mohitos to start with when it's hot out, margaritas at the turn, beers in between, taper off around 14 so you can finish without blowing up your round, then celebratory drinks afterwards.

Cigars optional.

Shot a 77 and won my division this weekend. I'm in the 11-15 handicap bracket and shot a +5. Everything (mostly) came together for the round - my driving was good, my chips were good, putts were dropping. I only had 2 holes where I flubbed chips and it took me a couple extra shots to get on.

Mimosas or mohitos to start with when it's hot out, margaritas at the turn, beers in between, taper off around 14 so you can finish without blowing up your round, then celebratory drinks afterwards.

Cigars optional.

Shot a 77 and won my division this weekend. I'm in the 11-15 handicap bracket and shot a +5. Everything (mostly) came together for the round - my driving was good, my chips were good, putts were dropping. I only had 2 holes where I flubbed chips and it took me a couple extra shots to get on.

Hell yeah! Congrats!

Me and some buddies did a golf trip up to Angels Camp this past weekend.

Played Copper Valley on Friday and Greenhorn Creek on Saturday. Both in 100 degree weather with 10-15mph winds.

Shot a 104 at CV and 107 at GH. GH is an amazing course.

My game was off and on, great shots followed by a change that i couldn't figure out for 6-7 holes.

Playing back to back days in 100F sucks the life out of you though. The day after we left was 80F......

Back