• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Good-ass cover songs

if you invoke the chaos symbol . . .

[youtube]FZDwt44_iSE[/youtube]

Enthusiasm for tunes be here no?

I can keep going but I think I'll give everyone a break :laughing

[YOUTUBE]DJrz1yofoKg[/YOUTUBE]

Allman bros can suck it!

[youtube]Mu32TgPeXM8[/youtube]

Allman bros can suck it!

Well that was pretty amazing.

While I've never been much in to Frank Zappa (and I did see the Allman Bros once, but after the second or third song they were all sitting down so I left, I really was there to see the opening band "Little Feat" anyway), I was very fortunate to have had the opportunity to see Dweezil doing, as it was called then, "Zappa does Zappa". And that was a pretty extraordinary show. Really amazing performance.

I believe he still tours, but it's now called "Dweezil plays whatever the * he wants" because apparently he doesn't actually have access to the Zappa name.

Worth checking out if they come by.

Lemonheads/(Evan Dando?) covering Misfits

[youtube]MPG4llEmMjA[/youtube]

Patti Smith covering Them (Van Morrison)

[youtube]bPO0bTaWcFQ[/youtube]

Culturcide covering an all star ensemble

[youtube]VeGVObZgVbs[/youtube]

Last edited:
Well that was pretty amazing.

While I've never been much in to Frank Zappa (and I did see the Allman Bros once, but after the second or third song they were all sitting down so I left, I really was there to see the opening band "Little Feat" anyway), I was very fortunate to have had the opportunity to see Dweezil doing, as it was called then, "Zappa does Zappa". And that was a pretty extraordinary show. Really amazing performance.

I believe he still tours, but it's now called "Dweezil plays whatever the * he wants" because apparently he doesn't actually have access to the Zappa name.

Worth checking out if they come by.

Yeah, Dweezil's been amazing from day 1. I've seen videos from lots of the "Z plays Z" and after and have always come away impressed. Turns out my high school guitar buddy's wife plays sax and keyboards for DZ. HaHaHaHa - totally jealous. :laughing

you want some Patti Smith, yeah I got your Patti right here

[youtube]QsE854AilxE[/youtube]

yeah it's going to weird up in here

[youtube]Gwp_yCgiHLw[/youtube]

[youtube]S6dCtEYSG4Y[/youtube]

you are most familiar with this version.

BOC covering Patti

[youtube]GSKeo5AS5vM[/youtube]

Last edited:
'Jolene' by Dolly Parton, slowed down.
Haunting.

[Youtube]doz1QJ7LwjA[/youtube]

Back