• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

I want to run a marathon. (The running thread)

K. Anyone else?.

I'd do sat mornings. Sat morn are my trail run days at Point Pinole, 10K. I'll trade that day for a BARF Run Club session. I've got a race (June, The Riveter Marina Bay Half M) coming up on pavement so it will work out.

Another two Barfers maybe one more? We can call it on?

Maybe ride the next day lol?

I actually run at Point Pinole quite a bit, so that location would work as well. It helps that dogs can be there as well- in case that would convince anyone.

Wish I could, but it's a bit far for me. I've been running trails along the peninsula, off of Skyline rd. Really good areas.

Last edited:
I run regularly around lake Merritt.. sometimes I wear a cowboy hat or some other silly hat and glasses.

:laughing anyone up for joining me? I go at all hours, sometimes at night, sometimes morning.. whenever the urge to run overpowers the urge to sit at home and drink beer.

I actually run at Point Pinole quite a bit, so that location would work as well. It helps that dogs can be there as well- in case that would convince anyone.

Oh yea I bring my sister's dog there with me whenever I get a chance to and off leash him while I run a 10k. I run there almost every sat morns starting anywhere from 830a to 10a at the latest. I do the Turkey Trot 10k route.

We probably crossed paths if you go sat mornings.

Oh yea I bring my sister's dog there with me whenever I get a chance to and off leash him while I run a 10k. I run there almost every sat morns starting anywhere from 830a to 10a at the latest. I do the Turkey Trot 10k route.

We probably crossed paths if you go sat mornings.

It's on and off on weekends. I'm looking to do about 10 miles on Sunday morning.

I'll be at Point Pinole with a dog this coming Saturday morning FYI. I'll be walking by the bridge at 9a. Running 4mi at the most. If I'm not with a dog is probably do the 10k.

Look out for a black lab half breed. :)

We should run.

Sorry, been MIA. I'm also training for a century bicycle ride (100 miles), and I've got a regular group ride that's Saturday mornings.

Could you/anyone do a run Sunday mornings instead?

Just signed up for my first ultra, the quicksilver 50k in may. I've only done a half prior to this, I'm so fucked :twofinger :laughing

Might as well go big.

Coming off a 8 month injury. Only going for a Half this year

Going to sign up for stuff that will hit prior to the may race, a 10k this month, a half next month and a full in April. I'll post up how it goes :cool

Anyone else in the south bay and want to train together for any upcoming race?

Might wanna skip that full if it's close to the ultra. Will need time to recover and tapper.

Doing a 50K in Monument Valley in March. Has anyone else done this race? - this will be the third year they've had it. I was signed up for it LY, but work cancelled my trip the week before.

Last edited:
I'm not in the position to give advice, I just spontaneously signed up for my first 50 miler. One month to go from running maybe 10 miles a month to the SD50.

At least my cardio is on point from the cycling. I'm just not adjusted to the impact and have a few weak supporting muscles. Less then two weeks to go.

I'm not in the position to give advice, I just spontaneously signed up for my first 50 miler. One month to go from running maybe 10 miles a month to the SD50.

At least my cardio is on point from the cycling. I'm just not adjusted to the impact and have a few weak supporting muscles. Less then two weeks to go.

A 50 miler with two weeks to train? omg dude, wow

My wifey has started running..bay breakers,women's nike marathon and chocalate marathon couple of weeks ago..she likes it..

Nah, a month :D

So, I trained for a month. One run longer then 10 miles (22 miles, one week before the 50, bad timing). Wore shoes I haven't worn in about a year. You know, broke all the rules.

Finished in 10 hours, which was about average for my age group.

Most importantly, I didn't die.

Get this thread rolling again. Ultra's, been wanting to jump in for years. It's been on my mind alot lately. Should probably start off around a 50 miler but really knowing me ill jump in the deep end and start off with a 100.

Any advice for first time Ultra?

Get this thread rolling again. Ultra's, been wanting to jump in for years. It's been on my mind alot lately. Should probably start off around a 50 miler but really knowing me ill jump in the deep end and start off with a 100.

Any advice for first time Ultra?

Hiking is a part of running ultra.

Back