• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Kawasaki Ninja 300

Here's a pic from motorcycle.com, Ninja 300:

Ninja300.jpg

Agreed. I want a white ABS one, which doesn't look like it's going to happen; at least for 2013.

More Just Plain Smart from Kwak.

If you aren't bracket racing, why limit yourself to 250 cc ( or 600 ) ?

What a great way to eclipse Honda's new 250.

Isn't competition great ? Now for Suzuki & Yamaha to come around - a new RD350 please...

Bet they sell everyone of them - sure took them long enough to catch on ! Now to offer a plain, naked version for a couple bucks less and watch THOSE languish unsold ( we sure like our shiny tupperware, don't we ? ).

I cant believe the price though, an extra 600 for 46cc's and FI, I mean really? I dont know, I think if Honda is smart and still prices their 250's at their current price and does some little modifications like the kawi they might still be in the running. Just sayin' :dunno

Time to trade in my 250 for that white 300. The ABS color scheme for the 300 looks unappetizing and I ride defensively like a granny lol. Non-ABS it is. That extra boost in power will certainly help those 65MPH+ situations where on a 250 I feel like my bike is about to die from exhaustion.

I went around to a couple dealers in south bay, but none of them had the 2013 models in yet. I see some ads online that some dealers in easy bay have some on showroom floors already though. Wonder if the Costco member pricing thing applies to the 2013 models?

I cant believe the price though, an extra 600 for 46cc's and FI, I mean really? I dont know, I think if Honda is smart and still prices their 250's at their current price and does some little modifications like the kawi they might still be in the running. Just sayin' :dunno

Sure you only get 46cc's but it LOOKS like you get 386ccs! And 2 extra cylinders!

Look at it this way, you can get a cbr250 for 4099 or you can get a ninja 300 which doesn't look like shit and has ~50% MOAR POWUH for $700 more. Plus dude, slipper clutch, duh.

The best thing honda can do if they ever want to sell a 250 in 2013 is to drop the price to $3,999

I see some ads online that some dealers in easy bay have some on showroom floors already though.

I doubt it. It was only "officially" announced for the US market three days ago, so dealers will only now be starting to place their orders.

Back when the '08 (last major Ninjette revision) came out, the product announcement and first dealer orders all happened in September, but the first actual bikes didn't arrive in US consumers' hands until January. (I know, 'cause I had my name on the first one that came into Mission Motorcycles. :thumbup)

OTOH, the 300's already hitting the streets (or at least being made available for media test rides) in Europe, so my gut tells me that it might arrive on these shores sooner than January this time around.

BTW, Mission Motorcycles is taking deposits. Not a bad idea to get a deposit in with your favorite local dealer, if you're looking at acquiring one . . . remembering how the '08 2-fiddy sold out by mid-year, with waiting lists going unfilled until the following year. Jus' saying' :teeth

Mark

I doubt it. It was only "officially" announced for the US market three days ago, so dealers will only now be starting to place their orders.

Back when the '08 (last major Ninjette revision) came out, the product announcement and first dealer orders all happened in September, but the first actual bikes didn't arrive in US consumers' hands until January. (I know, 'cause I had my name on the first one that came into Mission Motorcycles. :thumbup)

OTOH, the 300's already hitting the streets (or at least being made available for media test rides) in Europe, so my gut tells me that it might arrive on these shores sooner than January this time around.

BTW, Mission Motorcycles is taking deposits. Not a bad idea to get a deposit in with your favorite local dealer, if you're looking at acquiring one . . . remembering how the '08 2-fiddy sold out by mid-year, with waiting lists going unfilled until the following year. Jus' saying' :teeth

Mark

...holy cow! That's crazy. Now I'm leaning more towards the 650r as the more economical choice. Though with this in mind, we can all get a good deal on a 2012 models once those 2013s are out. :)

Hmmm...well, to do that yourself to an existing 250R would probably cost about $3000, so $600 for FI and a 20% increase in power seels pretty cheap to me.

Adjusting for inflation, a $4700 bike today would be priced at $2250 in 1987...or $795 in 1970. And you wouldn't get FI or that kind of power (though it would be a lot lighter).

Still think it's an unreasonable price?

If its similar to the current 250 it'll be fine

Hmmm...well, to do that yourself to an existing 250R would probably cost about $3000, so $600 for FI and a 20% increase in power seels pretty cheap to me.

Adjusting for inflation, a $4700 bike today would be priced at $2250 in 1987...or $795 in 1970. And you wouldn't get FI or that kind of power (though it would be a lot lighter).

Still think it's an unreasonable price?

I get $2487. :teeth

http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

Back