• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Ken Hill Podcast Series

that is insane...0.47s between two TOTAL RACE TIMES? how many laps per race?

enjoy the podcast, as always

thanks ken :thumbup

Ken, your gift to us is really appreciated.
You have a gift for breaking down complicated concepts in a way that is useful is really exceptional.
Thank you!

Ken had no love for the 250 :( haha

Thnx Ken. Going to relisten to all these tonight before the dirt day tomorrow!

That was a great listen. Always curious on "what it takes to be a test rider." Seems pretty intense. Way beyond my skill level at this point. :rofl

It has been a much requested topic and I figured the off season was a great to chat about it!

Ken

One odd side effect I'd add Ken: I've only leg dangled once, about... 8 years ago at Thill. I'd blown the checkered flag in A group, and grid had released the first B group rider. He faded in a bit before turn one, so I did a more-than-ever-before braking maneuver. I took my inside foot off instinctively because I expected that I would tuck the front. An unexpected side effect, though, was that it loaded my inside arm more than the outside which still had a foot on the peg, which helped me establish lean while still braking at nearly maximum effort. Basically a crutch for wrenching around that much wider than usual front contact patch.
Ken's mileage probably varies :laughing
I'll have to revisit it this season.

One odd side effect I'd add Ken: I've only leg dangled once, about... 8 years ago at Thill. I'd blown the checkered flag in A group, and grid had released the first B group rider. He faded in a bit before turn one, so I did a more-than-ever-before braking maneuver. I took my inside foot off instinctively because I expected that I would tuck the front. An unexpected side effect, though, was that it loaded my inside arm more than the outside which still had a foot on the peg, which helped me establish lean while still braking at nearly maximum effort. Basically a crutch for wrenching around that much wider than usual front contact patch.
Ken's mileage probably varies :laughing
I'll have to revisit it this season.

So, were you able to brake harder?

Back