Koi's Misfits 1 year anniversary ride 4/1/2012 (rain dependent)

i_am_the_koi

Be Here Now
Moto(s)
2005 Concours
2002 KLR
Name
The Koi
BARF perks
AMA #: 2823804
:party :party :party

Yes, a year ago the Misfits were created at a small lil table at the start to the Napa Valley.

We have accomplished so much in that time. Met some amazing people, gone on some amazing rides, had some amazing times, laughed at some amazingly funny things..... it's all been... well.... AMAZING!!!!!!

We've gone up and down the state.

We've given generously to the kitties and BARFers of the world.

Again

AMAZING!
DSC_1010.jpg

DSC_9531.jpg

So calling all Misfits, Non Misfits, pretend Misfits, wannabe Misfits,

April 1st... a true Misfit day if there ever was, we will be doing our 1 year anniversary ride!

We will be having breakfast at the Hwy 29 cafe Seating starts around 9am... KSU will be at 10:30am

We will be doing a real similar route to the original misfit ride but seeing as all the Misfits including myself have improved so much in our riding ability... we aren't going to do the beginners route we did that day...

Here it is... the ROUTE

[gmap]<iframe width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=hwy+29+cafe,+napa&daddr=38.3253045,-122.2856952+to:38.33356,-122.2654+to:Berryessa+Knoxville+Rd%2FKnoxville+Rd+to:38.54571,-122.35118+to:38.3807,-122.3982+to:38.31256,-122.34096+to:Quinto+Patio+Taqueria,+Kilburn+Avenue,+Napa,+CA&geocode=FTUDRwId3Ie2-CFuuo-1n3DoDymfu1M_rw6FgDGstYoGpQJn6A%3BFTjMSAIdgRG2-CkTHMhvlQaFgDGR0OtR5Ks2HQ%3BFXjsSAIdyGC2-CkLzlwMoAaFgDEBAtcxulbuLg%3BFUhFTQIdDAS2-A%3BFS4pTAIdtBG1-ClNK5rkAPiEgDEKJ-6olMbw8w%3BFZykSQIdCFq0-Ck7bfLk1FSEgDE-TlcdOGemMw%3BFXCaSAIdoDm1-CnlnOuRQweFgDEJYHMrNuoPng%3BFclTSAIdvsy1-CHC7jMkGltEVik1mdWmUQaFgDEtMZQcEc8BPg&sll=38.324446,-122.281737&sspn=0.00489,0.010568&hl=en&mra=dvme&mrsp=1&sz=17&via=1,2,4,5,6&ie=UTF8&t=m&ll=38.444985,-122.316284&spn=0.516273,0.878906&z=10&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&source=embed&saddr=hwy+29+cafe,+napa&daddr=38.3253045,-122.2856952+to:38.33356,-122.2654+to:Berryessa+Knoxville+Rd%2FKnoxville+Rd+to:38.54571,-122.35118+to:38.3807,-122.3982+to:38.31256,-122.34096+to:Quinto+Patio+Taqueria,+Kilburn+Avenue,+Napa,+CA&geocode=FTUDRwId3Ie2-CFuuo-1n3DoDymfu1M_rw6FgDGstYoGpQJn6A%3BFTjMSAIdgRG2-CkTHMhvlQaFgDGR0OtR5Ks2HQ%3BFXjsSAIdyGC2-CkLzlwMoAaFgDEBAtcxulbuLg%3BFUhFTQIdDAS2-A%3BFS4pTAIdtBG1-ClNK5rkAPiEgDEKJ-6olMbw8w%3BFZykSQIdCFq0-Ck7bfLk1FSEgDE-TlcdOGemMw%3BFXCaSAIdoDm1-CnlnOuRQweFgDEJYHMrNuoPng%3BFclTSAIdvsy1-CHC7jMkGltEVik1mdWmUQaFgDEtMZQcEc8BPg&sll=38.324446,-122.281737&sspn=0.00489,0.010568&hl=en&mra=dvme&mrsp=1&sz=17&via=1,2,4,5,6&ie=UTF8&t=m&ll=38.444985,-122.316284&spn=0.516273,0.878906&z=10" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>[/gmap]

Looks, great doesnt' it... Berryessa, Hennessey, Dry Creek.

Beginning with Breakfast.. ending with the bomb mexican food at Quinto Patio Mexican Restaurant.

Considering our usual bouts of gabbing, though that might be shorter now that Poser's is closed... our 3 hour ride should take us about 5 :rofl

Length of route is 99 miles, but we will stop in Napa before entering the twisties for those who might be riding gas guzzling Aprilia's.

In: Patty A(MayGoddess), J(LadyGadget), James(jalek), Koi, Nikki(nowdatslivin), dblosmith, Bart (enzo) , Rod(r), theSmokester, Will(Griffindor), Tim(nufc) Peter(CBRyder), Brianna(Tigerlily), Tim(Titus), Greg(Star_Man), Ed, Gene(Kamikazi), Nate(Mini-Sushi), Brandon(Over) Shane(B), Mystery Guest

Wussy Wimpy Maybe's: Mehran, BigB, Dennis(Budman), Honey Badger (AJ), Texas_Two_Step, culverDan in the Van, Dani(HP).
Koi's Speech!

As always, Be prepared to get gas at the start, route's is 99 miles roughly from Start to Finish so we will be stopping for gas at the start and there is a gas station at the end.

KSU: 10:30am

Meet starts at 9am

I do ride ATGATT and hope you do too. If there are new rider's we will have a pre-ride safety meeting to ensure we're all on the same page.

"A" Number 1 Goal is to return with the same amount of bike's and the same amount of rider's we left with.

I believe in The Pace and ride accordingly.

The Two Rules I have... and I hate rules... but the two rules I enforce:

BE FRIENDLY!

BE SAFE!

That being said if you are wanting to learn to ride, please don't expect us to teach you. If you have the skills and just need some seat time... this group is for you!!! Does that mean 500 miles or a thousand? I can't tell you but before you join a group ride be sure you can join one safely.

I will wait for the last person so don't be afraid of being ditched. Please know the route as best as you can and if you want a map ask and I will have them for you at the start. But we will wait at major direction changes to ensure no lost chickies. If you are going to leave somewhere mid-route let someone know so we don't send search parties for you as your sitting on your couch. Please make sure to grab someone's cell phone in case you get lost, or decide to go home you can send a txt or call.

I will not listen to complaint's that you did not reach 6th gear, that you didn't drag your knee enough, or that you are :mortifer melting.

I can do nothing about it if you feel that there's too much traffic, believe me if I knew of a quicker route I'd be leading that way unless I feel that some of our group might not be ready for the alternative.
I will not lane split as the lead.
I will not pass people as the lead ((VW Van's may be exempt from this rule :rant))

I do not want to EVER hear that other rider's are going too slow. This is a Mellow Ride and should be friendly towards all riders. If you want to ride faster nothing is stopping you, ride your PACE and know the route so that you can be parked and de-geared at the next meeting point instead of being :mad in your helmet. But Please, I don't want to come around a corner and find you in a world of hurt, or even worse, buzz right past you and not realize your off in the woods.

More Importantly, I don't want anyone to feel pressured to go faster then they are comfortable with. I hope that everyone has the experience level to be comfortable with speeding up on a straight away to catch the group ((not talking anything crazy but enough to make up some ground)) but I also don't expect you to keep up with any one rider's pace while in the twisties.

Anything larger then 4 I will ask for a sweep. I do not expect them to maintain sweep position the entire ride but if you sign up please be responsible and wait till we stop and you can let people know who the new sweep is.

Group's larger then 10 and we will arrange a 2nd lead and have 2 sweeps so that we can limit the length of stops at directional changes.

Let's :ride

Last edited:
Will be there wit bells on..patches patched on...usual misfit merriment and madness! I miss my misfits..been awhile since we all rode together and we need to celebrate our one year of togetherness!!!!

Come on out and ride wit us!! Eat wit us! Drink wit us!!!! yeah! yeah!

:party:party:party:party:party:party:party:party

PattyA

Sounds like a plan, I'm in rain or shine. I'm silly like that, bring on the ride.

Sunday Foo's Day it is!
See ya there

I am there!!! Wow, almost a year since I met all of you -- it seems like it's been forever. And I sincerely mean that in a good way :love

While the opportunity to learn how to ride in a group, improve my skills, and put on the miles has been great, meeting and hanging out with you all has been the very best part of this past year. Good Friends and Good Times!

Let's roll.

Well as I said my bike is down for a while....wont be ready for this either...how ever maybe I can chase you around in the van or maybe just see all you goons off..haha

In: Patty A, J, James, Koi, Dan in the Van, Nikki, dblosmith, Bart (enzo) and Mehran/Griffindor?

Will keep a list for the headcount. Trying to organize something special so it'll help to know how many mouths are going to be there, ya know?

Last edited:
So I've put in about 7300 miles in 1 year, some say that's too many, some say "that's all", but with those miles, mostly with the Misfits, I've kinda built alot of confidence back to go ride again. Of course, I could use more of that confidence, practice ( w/ Kamikaze, fr. Monticello to Posers ) & learn more on how to ride. I mean that Berryessa & surrounding areas are still a challenge sometimes...

Thanks Misfits...let's ride again for many more years.

I'll try to do our anniversary ride.......if not, I might just cage it with my boy & chase you around too...

I might be faster caging it than riding it:laughing

IN :mm4l !! LICENSE AND REGISTRATION , PLEASE :ride !!
Don't believe the hype...

Yes
Was the start of my last jam
So here it is again, another def jam
But since I gave you all a little something
That we knew you lacked
They still consider me a new jack
All the critics you can hang'em
I'll hold the rope
But they hope to the pope
And pray it ain't dope
The follower of Farrakhan
Don't tell me that you understand
Until you hear the man
The book of the new school rap game
Writers treat me like Coltrane, insane
Yes to them, but to me I'm a different kind
We're brothers of the same mind, unblind
Caught in the middle and
Not surrenderin'
I don't rhyme for the sake of of riddlin'
Some claim that I'm a smuggler
Some say I never heard of 'ya
A rap burgler, false media
We don't need it do we?
It's fake that's what it be to 'ya, dig me?
Don't believe the hype... :ride

....mmmmmmmmaybe.

78 miles ride up there by 9 am.... not a morning person. hahaa

....mmmmmmmmaybe.

78 miles ride up there by 9 am.... not a morning person. hahaa

Cough cough... I work at a hotel in the area.... Cough....

Bring the ole lady for a come-fuck-me night in the Napa valley, then ditch her in the morning for a fuck-yeah! ride....

Win-win in my book.

Cough cough... I work at a hotel in the area.... Cough....

Bring the ole lady for a come-fuck-me night in the Napa valley, then ditch her in the morning for a fuck-yeah! ride....

Win-win in my book.

Hahaha, she has a bike. I won't be ditching shit. :cool

Back