• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Layed her down.

VentoGixxeRider

Moto(s)
03 XR650R. 05 SV650
Yah I layed down my brand new baby. I knew this was going to happen sooner or later, but I really didnt think I would do it on the second day I owned the bike. Ohhh well how else am I going to become a better rider than pushing my very limited skills.

Now im looking for some help. Im sure there are some of you out there that have a source on new parts. Well im looking for a new euro tail, right fairing, front fairing, and front hugger. I also scratched up the exhaust can pretty good. So suggestions about a new can would be cool too.

-The Ultimate Squid
-Hurt Bike and Pride

Ohh yah I need to get this fixed ASAP. Have to get the fairings and paint done before my gf and moom realizes I layed it down. If they find out can you say good bye bike. And I dont want that to happen.

VentoGixxeRider said:
Ohh yah I need to get this fixed ASAP. Have to get the fairings and paint done before my gf and moom realizes I layed it down. If they find out can you say good bye bike. And I dont want that to happen.

Sorry to hear about your bike. Glad to hear your ok. Don't have any help with parts, but I'm surprised you can even pull this off. Doesnt you mom have that super alert awareness that she'll know?

I dropped my bike in a parking lot (15mph) a month after I got it. Picked up the bike, got inside, had just treated some very very minor rash when my cell phone rings. Its my mom calling to see how's I'm doing. She lives 170 miles away from me, I think she knew, the call was withing 10 minutes of the bike going down. Weird stuff.

On the bright side, you get a trophy. Hand it over rsrai. Hope you get to keep the ride.

Vento good luck .... When I crashed on the street the first time I had the hand of parents saying we will sell the bike if you fall.
They didn't..they just helped me get the insurance squared up and after the collerbone healed I was back at it :D Entertaining the troops at high school by falling in the parking lot my first day back :twofinger after my clip ons got jammed going over a speed bump..:chuci . Raise those limit slowly with experience..we want ya to ride that mother (your bike) for long time!

VentoGixxeRider said:
Yah I layed down my brand new baby. I knew this was going to happen sooner or later, but I really didnt think I would do it on the second day I owned the bike. Ohhh well how else am I going to become a better rider than pushing my very limited skills.
-The Ultimate Squid
-Hurt Bike and Pride
You will become a better rider by not pushing your limits. Live and learn...live and learn.:D

Sorry to hear about that... How'd you lay it down, if you don't mind me asking?

New fairings for the MovieStar... Ooouch!!!

Good luck bro...

Sorry to hear about your bike.... Can't tell you how to get the parts that quick... Esp. since it's the M version... However, might I suggest that you also add frame sliders to that list if you haven't gotten them already....

Sorry to hear about the bike down.
I just looked for the name of a great place in Seattle
that has new and used bike parts
but I couldn't find it among the mess that is my bedroom.

I also layed my VTR down but as I was parking it-
kickstand down, getting off, bike rolling away to the right and boom.
AARRGHH. Had a hard time not kicking myself in the ass over
that one.

I was told that it was not a matter of if but actually
a matter of when.

Hope your'e not physically injured.

Melissa:rsrai

Damn that sucks, you have the Telefonica right?

Ouch, second day. You are ok, and your EGO is a bit damaged, but with time all things will heal. How'd it happen and you wouldnt happen to have any pics eh?? We're Picture hungry on this board.......all the mods are required to carry digi-cams at all times when they ride........:D :D

Here is a brief synopsis(sp) of what happened. I was riding into work at 5am... Was going to drop off the payment for my insurance. Well i got onto the freeway and was like shit I left it at home. So I turn my happy ass around. Well right by my apt there is a lil S turn. Well on the back end of the S turn I was wide... I tried to push it away from the curb... but I caught the curb. And it shot my right off into the dirt and scrubs. Glad I hit the dirt cus it broke my fall. I only got a lil rash on the knee, and my shoulder and ribs are a lil tender... Well I was realy too concerned at the time I was more tripping about the bike. I wanted to cry, cus my baby was hurt. But I picked it up went into the apt, grabbed my payment, and then proceeded to still ride into work. Im not about to let a lil set back like this stop me from riding. I just need to fix it before the people that care about me start to trip... I got until the 5th to get this bike back into shape.... I may just break donw and buy a new one from Suzuki.. and get the damaged one repaired so ill have a spare. Thanks all for your concern, and time to read my lil rant.

ninja_rydr said:
Damn that sucks, you have the Telefonica right?

Yep a scratched up and no mirror on the right side Telefonica. ohh yah the blinker on the right side is gone too.... How about that for a first Mod... lol... Im laughing on the outside but crying on the inside.

The Digi cam is with the gf on her work trip to TX... but even if I did have it. It prolly wouldve gotten trashed in my lil spill.

Ohh yah since im getting some new stuff... whats a good price for a euro tail??? and a CF rear hugger and chain guard???

Last edited:
I'm surprised to hear that you're even concerned about the cost of an undertail when you state, in a previous post, that you might just go buy another brand new Tele to keep your mom from finding out. Must be nice to have that kind of mad cash! :D

Sorry to hear you dumped it, especially so soon -- perhaps the Sixxer was a bad choice for a first bike. Meanwhile, say hello to my little friend...

(look under your name)

sorry about your bike. well, it was bound to happen. as for the undertail... check out gixxer.com. i believe there's a special goin on right now for the fsmd undertail w/ libertek taillights....

wish i had that much cash to buy new fairings and stuff

VentoGixxeRider said:

bike covers are a great way to keep the bike clean... and unseen: )

john

i think he's talking about a new side panel from suzuki, not the whole bike..hahaha

sorry to hear about your spill brotha..but there are only two kind of riders, those that have gone down and those that will go down. welcome to the "Dump Cub" ( not something to be proud of , but shit happens )

Ken5150 said:
i think he's talking about a new side panel from suzuki, not the whole bike..hahaha

You might be right! :laughing :laughing

Vento - if you're in THAT much of a hurry, you might want to order that fairing sooner than later -- dealer parts take forever!!

Glad to hear that you're allright. This is the exact same reason why I didn't get a new bike for my first one. 1. It'll be way too expensive if and when I drop it. and 2. The bike never looks as good as it does before the dump... Unless you get a whole bunch of aftermarket parts! :D

Good luck bro...

sorry about your get off but i hear you. shoulda gotten a used bike. you don't feel so bad when you drop it. :D like da hawk says, live and learn.

it's not the telefonica but i have a month old set of 2001 blue/white sixxer fairings (everything but the chain guard) that i want to get rid of. i'm not going to *give* them away, cause i *really* need the $ but i'll be happy to sell em for a discount (compared to dealer cost). at minimum, any dealer will have you wait a week for the parts to arrive (they all have them shipped from the same place).

all my stuff was less than a month old and only seen some light riding and 1 twisties ride before i pulled them for the track

windshield (few light scratches)
upper (a little dusty from sitting around but othewise, they're brand new)
left side (same as upper)
right side (same as upper)
front fender (few scratches, my original fender when i bought it new, not replacement, no cracks still has brake hose clip)
tail (sorta bendy thing on it from dealer or somethin otherwise perfect)
passenger seat (completely perfect, still in wrapper dealer gave me)
stock turn signals (4 rear turn signals, 2 front which are on the fairings)

Back