• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

I'd think that the remoteness of the junction, 30 miles from Livermore and 25 from Patterson, and rough tight roads would discourage a lot of four wheel traffic. I can imagine some people in Miata's would like the roads but I can't see the muscle car or luxury sport car crowds enjoying the roads to the junction.

True... they should try to work something with the Observatory to get those that visit there to stop at the Junction as part of a day outting.

However.. selfish me does not want more tourist on the Dirty 130 :teeth

I'd think that the remoteness of the junction, 30 miles from Livermore and 25 from Patterson, and rough tight roads would discourage a lot of four wheel traffic. I can imagine some people in Miata's would like the roads but I can't see the muscle car or luxury sport car crowds enjoying the roads to the junction.

Pretty much true, once out of the "flats", past Mendenhall Rd the saveur du jour is usually pickup trucks. But on some occasions luxury/muscle cars do enjoy an
enthusiastic excursion up to the Junction.
Dec. 9, 2023 - 11 V's

Attachments

• V's at the Junction.jpg
    V's at the Junction.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 32
I rode out there Sunday the 21st. The event was postponed due to permitting issues.
I have not ridden San Antonio Valley Road in years; it was like a new road to me with less vegetation after the fire. There are several one lane sections controlled by a traffic light. It is also quite bumpy. Didn’t ride Del Puerto or Mines. Hamilton was sweet. Ham has a light for a one lane section and there was a sign somewhere that said road closed weekdays…

Edit: Rainbow Junction website https://therainbowjunctionfarm.com/

Last edited:
Ham today on the T7. Nice. Clean, ignore the stoplight, slowly

The Junction is still not open.

Had a nice ride there and back.

[YOUTUBE]YBrtJPZPcKg[/YOUTUBE]

Ham is sweet. San Antonio Valley is tar snaked, but ok. Rode 8 miles down Del Puerto to Frank Raines, it was good. Pulled pork sammich at the Junction was good. Today was good.

Ham is sweet. San Antonio Valley is tar snaked, but ok. Rode 8 miles down Del Puerto to Frank Raines, it was good. Pulled pork sammich at the Junction was good. Today was good.
Butch what days are the Junction open? FB page is not updated and their website has events but not hours or days open. Also notice it is now the Rainbow Junction. I hope they make success and it stay open. They are taking a big gamble.

The blog page on their website has this:

We are over the moon to finally be able to greet everyone beyond the gates and start serving great food and cold drinks. We’ve even added some more shade to keep you cool while you’re here. Com visit us Saturdays and Sundays 10-2. Don’t worry, we’ll be expanding our hours over the summer 😉

They also mention a grand opening event this coming weekend, June 8th. No indication of whether the hours will change after that.

Butch what days are the Junction open? FB page is not updated and their website has events but not hours or days open. Also notice it is now the Rainbow Junction. I hope they make success and it stay open. They are taking a big gamble.
Saturdays and Sundays is my understanding. When I was there Saturday it was hopping with maybe 30 bicyclists and 10-15 motorcyclists, along with a Ferrari and a couple of Audis. The new owners seem very nice and I hope they find the success they seek.

We were out there today, beautiful day to ride.
They are chip sealing now half way from the Junction to observatory, yes some gravel but not too bad. Should be fine in a week or so.
They are letting those road cleaning machines go but still plenty of gravel. Tar snakes were worse :)

right now there is the call of the wild, as Sally used to call it, going on. I am at the bottom of the very first hairpin, forever to be known as Cooperhaus Corner, and the sound of sportbikes, and sprotbikes, beckons me... Can I resist?

Cooperhaus Corner. Y'all take note of that.

Back