Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

The last post on their FB page was at the end of January.

YELP says: 11:00am til 5:00PM Saturday's and Sunday's.

Although, the "G" machine says:
Hours:
Tuesday Closed
Wednesday 10 AM–6 PM
Thursday 10 AM–6 PM
Friday 10 AM–6 PM
Saturday 10 AM–6 PM
Sunday 10 AM–6 PM
Monday Closed

Might want to call or email them to be sure (if this info is still valid) -
(925) 344-9780
thejunctiondhaba@gmail.com

Just did it yesterday. Mines is decent, dirty in spots of course and both water crossing are flowing. Sand on the West side of Hamilton from the recent snow and some construction activity on the east side of Hamilton making things a bit dirty.

Thanks for the updates. I'll be checking it out tomorrow (Weds) with a small group of riders arriving around lunch time.

Wonderful day for a trip to The Junction. They are open. We arrived close to 11:30, and there were maybe 2 other folks there aside from us (group of 5). They are CASH ONLY. Perfect weather and cloudless skies. Traffic was fairly light along Mines. Road is in much better condition than I was thinking it would be. There were areas of sand and gravel, but not too much of a concern. Maintenance crews were busy working to clean up the road. We even had some water crossings. ��

Interesting new twist.

Is it ever. I wish them the best. Not sure if I will be getting my sweet potato tater tots there any more??? Looks like the menu may change a bit.

Someone set up a BARF meet at The Junction on Grand Opening Day. Okay?

Butch, budman, (not me)

Saturday April 20, 2024

From their web site

We are celebrating more than the grand opening of a restaurant.
We are celebrating abundance, transformation, healing and imagination. The Rainbow Junction Farm is where we begin to work towards a new future that values all beings and dismantles the structures of inequality. We want to connect with the land and each other in a sustainable and equitable way. We can’t wait to mark this momentous day with you all!

Get tickets

Grand Opening Celebration

Join us as we celebrate our grand opening on Saturday April 20, 2024 for an afternoon of festivities. Our chef, Jefferson Sevilla, will be grilling up sliders and seasonal veggies and other delectables to mark this exciting day for us! Bring your appetite and a sense of adventure while you hike our nearly 150 acre property.

Details

Tickets are per person, 12 and older. You will have access to our sliders and sides bar 12-6, a drink ticket and some swag.

$60.00

Keep the party going!

Bring your tent and sleeping bag and stay over night with us on our nearly 150 acres of wildlife habitat. Breakfast and lunch will be served after a night of star gazing and merriment.

Details

Tickets are per person, 12 and older. This is an additional ticket to camp out after the grand opening celebration.

$30.00

I’m wondering how their enthusiasm for sustainability is going to square with motorcycling. Could be they are after a different clientele.

I’m wondering how their enthusiasm for sustainability is going to square with motorcycling. Could be they are after a different clientele.

I hope they are successful. They will need more than just motorcycle folks to make a go at that location. I hope they do not end up excluding motorcycles in their plans.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. The property has been for sale for over a year at $879K. The house and cafe were rented / leased out for years and had least 5 or 6 different people try to make a go of it.

Could they be after a different clientele? Sure looks that way. Like to see their business plan! My bet is they won't be seeing too many "locals" at their $60/person open house!

As for ranching, that's not a big parcel ~135 acres. I believe it belonged to the Biel family for a long, long time. Don't know if it's fenced / cross fenced, and a typical 1000 lb cow with a calf (1 Animal Unit) needs around .27 ac of pasture in excellent condition under irrigation and around 8 to 10 acres of pasture in poor condition and low precipitation level for 1AU. That area falls in the poor feed with low rain fall category. Even if you could utilize 130 acres that's only about 16 head and supplement feed during summer.

Water is another big issue. About a year or so ago the well down by the house had to go deeper or there was another well dug to replace the old one. Most of the stock ponds dry up during the summer unless feed by a spring or have a well. Cattle need ~1.5 to 2.0 gallons per day for ever 100 lbs of animal weight. That's a lot of water!!!

Oh and the "outhouses" were brought up years ago because the well couldn't support the two bathrooms in the bar and the needs of the house.

Going to be a tough row to hoe, good luck to them.

Attachments

• The Junction Property.jpg
    The Junction Property.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 11
I hope they are successful. They will need more than just motorcycle folks to make a go at that location. I hope they do not end up excluding motorcycles in their plans.

I have a nagging gut feeling - they will screw motorcycle people in more than one way, starting by excluding and complaining about those damn motorcycles, and ending bringing more traffic to mines rd. I'm really worried about the future of this place and the roads around it :( (hope I'm wrong though)

The bios of one of the folks that run the place says he’s into “bikes.” I can’t decide if it’s bicycles or motorcycles. A passion for motorcycles doesn’t square especially well with a passion for environmentalism, but none of us are perfect and I struggle with that quandary a bit myself.

Sounds like they are going to give it a legit shot.

IMO they need the motorcycle crowd and hopefully they don't distrupt a tradition of motorcycles gathering there.

Yep, going to need a EV charging station 'cause that 110 outlet just won't cover it.
And they'd better not FAWK with the "Door"! :twofinger :afm199

Attachments

• The Door copy.jpg
    The Door copy.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 15
I would think more than one dual head if they want to be green. Who knows if they even have the power to do that??

And yeah.. the door!!!

Back