• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Moto125GP: Paris Hilton's new team

gotta tell ya, accurate or no, LOL @ "I wonder if he will be celebrating in Paris tonight? .... ummm I mean the city"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on a separate note, Vinales' team nickname is apparently "Mack" - I'm totally uninformed about his 2 ducky fans......

Attachments

• ApriliaHilton2100MackLeMans.jpg
    ApriliaHilton2100MackLeMans.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 29
  • ApriliaParisHiltonMaverickFans.jpg
    ApriliaParisHiltonMaverickFans.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 27
the view from Mt. Olympus [in Texas] - Kevin Schwantz:

".....a 16-year-old 125 rookie, Maverick Vinales, beats Terol in a head-to-head battle to the finish. A big pat on the back to him, and to his Paris Hilton team. That should really create some excitement. She got to the top a whole lot quicker than Antonio Banderas did in Moto2. ....."

Last edited:
moar, excerpted from MotoGP -

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Vinales+reaction+Le+Mans+GP

Precocious talent 'Mack' Viñales comes to the fore

With victory in the 125cc Monster Energy Grand Prix de France on Sunday, the Blusens by Paris Hilton Racing Team rider [age 16 years and 123 days] became the youngest ever Spanish rider to win a World Championship GP. Viñales became the third youngest rider ever in the history of Grand Prix racing to win a race, behind Scott Redding and Marco Melandri. Making Viñales’ achievement all the more incredible was the fact that he was riding in only his fourth World Championship race, in his debut season.

His progression has been rapid this season, with a debut result of ninth in Qatar followed by a crash at Jerez and then fourth at Estoril, where he was beaten to third position by two-thousandths of a second by Johann Zarco.

Viñales rode a fantastic race at Le Mans, battling with Championship leader and vastly more experienced fellow Spaniard Nico Terol throughout the 24-lap contest, before making a last-turn overtake on the final lap to take a remarkable victory.

“I think we put together a very intelligent race and I knew I had to wait until the right moment to push the bike and overtake Nico,” said Viñales after the race. “It was clear on the final lap that I could overtake him, and I wanted to do it in another spot but was unable to. He made an error in the final turn and I took advantage of it to take the victory.”

Viñales continued: “This victory is very important, both for the team and for me, but we now have to continue following the targets we set out at the start of the season, which are to fight for the Rookie of the Year title and keep improving and learning race by race.”

Team Manager Ricard Jové said: “What this young lad has done is no easy thing to achieve. Yes he does have a great bike and an excellent team, but he is also an immense talent. It’s proven that the decision to back ‘Mack’ four years ago was a sound judgement, but we are well aware of where we are and we will keep our feet on the ground.”

“He has a fantastic character and is cool enough to not let this go to his head. He knows he must keep working hard and thinking about the targets we set out at the start of the year; to learn, learn and learn,” he concluded.

Last edited:
hey wellbredred,

right you are, Sir - so much for their PR team's savvy - #33 is Sergio Gadea, the supposed #1 rider on PH team - SG's been consistently outpaced by his baby-faced teammate #25 all season

oh, thanx for the direct link to PH World - boy, did their PR miss an opportunity, not having PH present for team's maiden [hah!] triumph

Last edited:
Geez, who runs her page, some 13 year old fan girl? Apparently they haven't heard of 'fact checking' yet.

I also follow the fledgeling Mahindra 125 team, whose teething problems continue - both bikes expired on 17th of 24 laps......

here's yet another "Mack attack" [mini]foto -

Attachments

• ApriliaHilton2011LeMansPass.jpg
    ApriliaHilton2011LeMansPass.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 170
the view from Mt. Olympus [in Texas] - Kevin Schwantz:

".....a 16-year-old 125 rookie, Maverick Vinales, beats Terol in a head-to-head battle to the finish. A big pat on the back to him, and to his Paris Hilton team. That should really create some excitement. She got to the top a whole lot quicker than Antonio Banderas did in Moto2. ....."

She "blows" Banderas away.

last Fri nite, Moto125's leading 'lady' hit "The Tonite Show with Jay Leno" -

PH arrived in some kinda moto-style [packed behind Carrot Top's propmeister, aboard a tarted-up Mack-replica Honda(!), wearing a pleather Barbie jacket]

her M/C patter was uber lame & Jay quickly moved on - oh well........

Attachments

• ApriliaParisHiltonLeno2011.jpg
    ApriliaParisHiltonLeno2011.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 48
  • ApriliaParisHiltonLeno2011-2.jpg
    ApriliaParisHiltonLeno2011-2.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
last Fri nite, Moto125's leading 'lady' hit "The Tonite Show with Jay Leno" -

PH arrived in some kinda moto-style [packed behind Carrot Top's propmeister, aboard a tarted-up Mack-replica Honda(!), wearing a pleather Barbie jacket]

her M/C patter was uber lame & Jay quickly moved on - oh well........

My god, that's fucking lame. I was starting to give her props on the 125 team, but it's obvious she couldn't care less and is just footing the bill. Oh well, in this day and age, beggars can't be choosers.

honestly dunno about PH actually footing the bill

I think her team naming has something to do with a disco franchise or sumthin' she's fronting - supposedly PH has 5 or so contracted MotoGP appearances - we'll see.....

not impressed at all [big surprise] with PH's involvement, tho' the pre-existing BQR team's well-run & posting results

Last edited:
MotoGP Round 5 - Interview with Paris Hilton at the Gran Premi Aperol de Catalunya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2r8qCvkwuU&feature=player_embedded

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

per Soup,

".....Paris Hilton on the grid.

Her sponsored rider, Maverick Vinales (yes, that's his real name), finished third in the 125s.
Pity he didn't win, it would have been fun if she'd gone up to the rostrum to collect the team trophy.

Don't know if she saw the Maverick fan club in the stadium section;
one of their members was dressed in a Paris-alike pink and white jumpsuit,
unfortunately it was a fat guy with a beard......"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

later, per MotoGP:

Nico Terol took his fourth win of 2011 after Johann Zarco (Avant-AirAsia-Ajo) was penalised 20 seconds for an illegal overtake on the last lap in the 125 race. Maverick Viñales (Blusens by Paris Hilton Racing Team) finished second with Jonas Folger (Red Bull Ajo Motorsport) promoted to third.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

125cc World Standing 2011

Pos. Rider Points
1 Nicolas TEROL 120
2 Sandro CORTESE 72
3 Jonas FOLGER 68
4 Maverick VIÑALES 65 Team PH
5 Johann ZARCO 63
6 Efren VAZQUEZ 57
7 Sergio GADEA 36 Team PH

Attachments

• ApriliaParisHiltonMaverickCatalunya2011.jpg
    ApriliaParisHiltonMaverickCatalunya2011.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 22
  • ApriliaParisHilton2010Catalunya2.jpg
    ApriliaParisHilton2010Catalunya2.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 24
  • ApriliaParisHilton2010Catalunya1.jpg
    ApriliaParisHilton2010Catalunya1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
in Mahindra Moto125 news -

The team’s best qualifying position of the year and impressive top speed figures promised much for the race, but it wasn’t to be -
Brit Danny Webb crashed out on the opening lap - still zero points for him this season

teammate Marcel Schrotter finished one slot outta points in 16th - he's ranked 22nd overall, with 3 season points

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More, from a press release issued by Mahindra Racing:

MAHINDRA WITHIN TOUCHING DISTANCE

5 June, 2011, Montmelo: Bad luck struck the Indian Mahindra team in today’s Catalunyan GP, when both riders were involved in a first-corner traffic incident.

Danny Webb (20, from England) was knocked down and out of the race before even reaching the second corner. Team-mate Marcel Schrötter (18, from Germany) was radically slowed by the same incident, and spent the rest of the race trying to regain ground. He finished 16th, just one place out of the points.

It was a huge disappointment for the Mahindra team, the only one on the grid to make its own engine and motorcycle, after a weekend that had shown growing strength.

The race started on a drying track but with damp patches after more rain overnight and in the morning. Some other riders chose wet tyres, but both Mahindra riders chose treadless slicks, which turned out to be the right choice as the sun broke through by race end.

Webb had qualified 14th and was confident of a good result. Instead he had a lonely walk back to the pits. Schrötter was 20th on the grid, but had already made up several places when he was dropped back again, finishing the first lap 21st. He climbed through to 15th, but grip problems meant he had lost one crucial place by the end, missing the last championship point.

But the team could take many positives from the enhanced performance and reliability of the new engine, in its fifth race. With the next race in just one week, at Silverstone in England, hopes remain high and confidence continues to grow.

MARCEL SCHRÖTTER – 16th Position
I got a good start and I was behind Danny into the first corner. Then he crashed and I had to close the throttle. Five or six people passed me right then. There were some damp patches so I was riding carefully, but then I found a good rhythm and came through to 15th. In the second part of the race my rear tyre was sliding – we had soft suspension settings for wet conditions. It was difficult to keep the line, and though I could see the group ahead, I just couldn’t catch up. No points, but still a good finish.

DANNY WEBB - DNF
In the first corner, someone in front of me slowed right down and I had to close the throttle ... then I got hit from behind. I can’t say I’m not angry. We were on for a good result, but once again we had bad luck. I must have done something really bad in a previous life. I’m really sorry for the team, because they worked really hard and well this weekend. We deserve better, and I am sure we will get it.

Last edited:
this just in:

"Paris Hilton actively negotiating for top 1000cc MotoGP riders in 2012"

Caught up in the excitement of her team's recent Moto125 success, the heiress is chasing talent - her Twatter intern captured 2 shots of skilled riders on PH's shopping list:

Attachments

• ApriliaParisHiltonRossi.jpg
    ApriliaParisHiltonRossi.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 24
  • ApriliaParisHiltonJorge.jpg
    ApriliaParisHiltonJorge.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 23
She running out of dudes to screw back in Cali and making her mark overseas now? I think she's nasty

Yes, she is.

Not that I'm losing sleep over it or anything, but I'm not going to lie; I really don't know why she [seems] so interested in the sport. I mean, if she had just let her name be associated with the team to help raise sponsorship, or just to be a proverbial sponsor, that to me would've been less of a surprise. But to be a part-owner?

If it's to further generate publicity for her, I just think there would've been more prominent [motor]sports to go into, but motorcycle racing is hardly a scene in the US.

Unless you think she and/or her PR recognizes the prominence of the sport overseas as opposed to the US. But if that's the case, hell, why not soccer?

Cali sez,
"I think she's nasty"

& I say, "Correct you are, Sir!"

that said, perhaps the best foto post here was V4's PH sponsor suggestions [#20]:

Attachments

• ApriliaParisHiltonProducts.jpg
    ApriliaParisHiltonProducts.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Back