• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Moto125GP: Paris Hilton's new team

Bullshit.

If any existing race fans are so fucking prissy that some girl and her name being on a race team makes them want to bail, let 'em. Same goes for any prospective fans that would be turned away for the same reason; door's over there.

It's not like GP is letting itself get associated with a dictator or something. Oh, wait...

What ever. She is bad for the sport. Her fans are only here for the hype and will be gone as fast as they came in. Is that good for the sport? Fad fans can hit the brickes and kiss my ass on the way out. I'm not leaving the sport because of her just gertting sick to my stomach.

Fans are Fans are Fans, and whatever reason they are here, they are here, and I'm glad for it, because Yes, Fans are Good for the Sport! Like her or not, She has money, and hype, and Fans. Bring it on! From a dairy girl here... You know about BST in milk right? How long has that stuck around, and ALL that is my friend... is hype (Dont get me started). Hype gets things going sometimes. And we need to get something going with this sport. So get 'em talkin' Paris!

For the record, I dont have a lot of respect for girls who dont respect themselves, but I also dont pay enough attention to some spoiled girl to know or care enough about it. and anyone who is paying that much attention.... is just playing into the hype.

So then Gobert is good for the sport? he brings in coked up crack head Fans and shares his blow with everyone.

I don't think there are Paris Hilton fans and if there are, they aren't paying any attention to this.

What this brings to MotoGP is the exposure to more mainstream media and to a set of potential fans (who are just as judgmental of Hilton as you are) that might not otherwise know anything about MotoGP.

Shit, when was the last time MotoGP fans spent this much time talking about 125cc?

None of that is bad for the sport.

I don't think there are Paris Hilton fans and if there are, they aren't paying any attention to this.
Oddly enough, for us normal people, she has a LOT of fans. Most of them are female and under the age of 19 I would expect. Maybe it will make it easier on their boyfriends by giving them some common ground? :rofl

Truth is:

If I were a hungry young racer, I'd be happy to get that ride. I don't care what color it is or who's name is on it. Just imagine how crushed the opposition would be to get beat by a pink bike.

At any rate, I think PH is a dumb ##nt. I wouldn't fuck her with Hooli's dick, even if he begged and paid me to. Sheesh, she disgusts me so much I wouldn't want to be in the same town as her.

With all the awesome women heroes in the world (too many to even count) it's a crying shame that the media in our society will spoon feed relatively innocent little girls bullshit like Paris Hilton. Shame on them. I wish I could say she's useless, but actually she is a diabolical blight on the youth.

That said, more bikes=better for the sport

As someone else mentioned, her stupid fans will be gone after the first race. Hell, before the first lap.

Wow, you'd think some folks have a personal stake in this. Are those adamantly against the "wrong" kind of fans vested in it somehow? What do you care? You know, fans in general aren't good for the sport. They're observers. All they do is bring money in to allow racing to happen. In that respect, they're all the same and they're no better or worse than Paris Hilton or Mother Theresa or Marlboro. It's just a source of money. They have some cash in their pocket and they want to be entertained. Good for them, but it isn't that big a deal.

You know what is good for the sport? Talent. On the bikes, trackside, in R&D labs, hospitals, etc. You want someone to thank? Thank all the countless volunteers and people willing to work for shit pay out of the sheer love for the sport. Thank the riders driven enough to risk life and limb to race. Thank all of them from Rossi down to the last lapper in a 250 production race. Don't worry so much about what color bike someone rides or why someone else is or is not interested in the sport.

First of all, as Paris would say....Pink, now that's hot!

Secondly, look big picture at what Paris whether planned or not planned could bring to the race scene...

Single guys - Paris has BFF's
Reality TV - 2 guys racing...hrmmm...that's a great idea let's find a couple more guys and start another racing reality series
TV - that means ads
Ads - that means more advertisers would be interested in investing because there is media involved.
Viewership - that's what dictates market prices, endorsements, team sponsors.

So I'm with KawasakiKidd (well in my dreams I am :rofl), there is a bigger picture that is an opportunity for the sport whether you like her or not. But it probably wouldn't hurt all of us that want to race to be nice to her because as it's been said, she will bring media with her. Now if you get caught in the picture of her coming out of a limo with no panties that's on you :twofingers

Oh and I liked my pink bike because it made me ride fast cuz you sure don't want to lose riding a pink bike. And if you won, well....who wants to tell the story of getting beat by a pink bike....especially when it only had a quarter of the cc's and half the horsepower of your race bike...:teeth

Attachments

• pinkbike.jpg
    pinkbike.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
moar from Team PH:

Paris Hilton Racing Team Previews The French Grand Prix

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=44375

her lesser rider, Maverick Vinales [below], ranks 7th after 3 events - team's main hope, Sergio Gedea, has struggled so far and is 9th or something overall

Attachments

• ApriliaParisHiltonMaverickVinales.jpg
    ApriliaParisHiltonMaverickVinales.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
hey Kaz,

as I remember it, many early 90s street & dirt bike were pink [+other colors, like purple & fuscia] overlaying white

is PH's livery somehow retro?

Last edited:

Attachments

• ApriliaHilton2011LeMansWin.jpg
    ApriliaHilton2011LeMansWin.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 28
  • ApriliaHilton2011LeMansWin2.jpg
    ApriliaHilton2011LeMansWin2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
didja hear the one about Paris Hilton & Charley Sheen?

--------------------W-I-N-N-I-N-G !!--------------

:laughing

Gotta give you props man, cause if it wasn't for you updating us, I wouldn't even know what's going on in 125, much less this team. May just have to download the race tonight. :thumbup

hey Kaz,

as I remember it, many early 90s street & dirt bike were pink [+other colors, like purple & fuscia] overlaying white

is PH's livery somehow retro?

Yes, there was a number of bikes which came out after I had retired which had 'color' :laughing

But, I wouldn't call it retro, revival maybe? With JL as the World Champ and PH in the show...it's all about fashion baby and we all know that fashions cycle ;)

hey sinncere,

thanx, bro - nuttin like seeing the entire GP scene, eh?

the PH-Moto125 connection is simply super, & it's become great fun - who knew they'd actually be competitive??

overall, RE: 125s, I'm really much more interested in Mahindra - sure, they really struggled at LeMans, but I like em 'cause they're mimicing most of Soichiro Honda's late '50s blueprint for GP success:

travel to Europe
observe
build you own engine & chassis
hire Anglish-speaking riders
suffer.......

what with the Indian M/C industry's emergence & the new world order, mebbe Mahindra's the new Honda [or, at least, somewhat like Kawasaki Heavy Industries] - eventually, we'll see

just examine the differences between the Honda customer race bikes offered [1] the same year they first traveled to Isle of Man; and [2] the succeeding model - huge!

Attachments

• Honda1959CR71.jpg
    Honda1959CR71.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Honda1962CR72.jpg
    Honda1962CR72.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Was a great race and having watched 125's all year I am really excited to see Vinales win. Watching him ride has been great so far and you know it's going to get better. Want to win your 4th ever gp. No problem for that young man. I think mahindra just wanted a little racing time before moto3 which is where their main effort will be. They see huge potential I think since Aprilia will not have the same domination. They're definitely following the spirit of Soichiro.

so what perks does winning the race get him. does he get to show her his OOHH face?

The 125cc race was the race of the weekend. Whatever bullshit was going on in MotoGP and Moto2 was a waste of your time.

Maverick - yes, Maverick - Viñales rode the race of the weekend.

As to Sharky's question:

Gavin Emmett on Maverick being French: "I wonder if he will be celebrating in Paris tonight? .... ummm I mean the city."

Back