• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

MotoAmerica Silly Season / Off season thread for 2024

Xaus! Its going to be full-contact bagger racing.

I'm crossing my fingers Tytlers and Warhorse come back. The competition in Superbike was superb last year and I would hate to see those teams not participate this year.

Mark

All those Honda Superbike Riders must be jumping for joy. :p

Who the hell rides one that could possibly take a win?

Safe feel good ploy in my mind.

That is cool. Surprising but cool.

I'm curious to see how he does.
I admit I haven't 'bonded' with him.. something about the personality keeps me at bay, but the kid is talented.

My observation eyes think he will have to adjust his riding style to the big bike. I think years of using corner speed to make the lap time will have to be adjusted to a more point and squirt style. V&H will need to bevel off more hard parts to get the ground clearance he needs!
But he will make the class even more interesting.

We will also see how well he takes getting ruffled up in this class. No one is afraid to use an elbow in Baggers.:)

Mark

Racing baggers probably pays

When I hear of a talented fast rider on a slow bike -- there is money involved

Elbows are huuuuuge in baggers. :teeth

JD Beach announced on Instagram that he will be racing MA SuperBike for Tytlers Cycle Racing in 2024. Beaubier's deal with Tytlers was reported to be for two years so we could see Cam and JD as teammates again.

Great to hear. Really enjoy watching JD going at it. :Port

I am actually a little torn with JD going back to MA. He was just starting to get his legs in Flat Track and was running with the big dogs (and dominated the TT races). I was hoping to see him win a couple this year.

Solid point.. I agree he was really getting to that top tier flat tracker level.

I think he went where he had to so he could get a paycheck and continue his pro racer success story.

Chasing the Flat Track program probably would have cost him $$ and there are plenty of very fast guys who don't have his cross over talent that are doing that.

Struggling to race vs showing up to race is a huge difference.

AFT has has lost some top teams and there is no direct manufacturer support in the Twins class due to lack of vision by AFT management and this being a transition period in the rules structure. JD didn't have a ride in AFT for 2024 and he had expressed interest in racing Superbike for the last several seasons.

I'm glad he has a ride on a well-supported team with a competitive Superbike.

Back