• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Music, post it up

All I can say is....YES, YES, YES, and fuck YES!:kicknuts:deadhorse:troy:sniper

[youtube]c9MdW8RISCI[/youtube]

Sorry had to get that off my chest, nothing like a little therapy.:laughing

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.:devil

[youtube]0Y0TYD3i64E[/youtube]

TONIGHT @ the Regency Ballroom!
[youtube]ZnZM1CzQF8Y[/youtube]

^^Gonna go to the Regency next week and take the kid to see August Burns Red, should be a good one. :thumbup

Exodus is playing Slim's on December 20th. That is a band that is not to be missed and I can't wait for that one. I haven't seen them in a few years now.:loco

Thanks for the heads up on Steel Panther. I don't know anything about that band, are they an 80's parody type band?:dunno

Here's one from August Burns Red. I like them and they're at the Regency next week. The second song below is from "Beartooth" who is playing the same show next week. It's pretty cool song called "I Have a Problem" written about me.:laughing

ABR
[youtube]LsgHJEsH1d4[/youtube]

Beartooth
[youtube]KTUCGRu_DL4[/youtube]

^^Gonna go to the Regency next week and take the kid to see August Burns Red, should be a good one. :thumbup

Exodus is playing Slim's on December 20th. That is a band that is not to be missed and I can't wait for that one. I haven't seen them in a few years now.:loco

Thanks for the heads up on Steel Panther. I don't know anything about that band, are they an 80's parody type band?:dunno

Awesome! I definitely don't want to miss Exodus! I believe Exhumed is playing at the Metro in December too. Their drummer is a really cool dude and he also plays in Deeds of Flesh.

You're right about Steel Panther. They're ridiculous but they totally rock. The show last night kicked ass. Ever been in a mosh pit at a hair metal show? :laughing

Those two you posted up are too metalcore for my taste. Have fun at the show, but watch out for kids doing roundhouse kicks and windmills!

Awesome! I definitely don't want to miss Exodus! I believe Exhumed is playing at the Metro in December too. Their drummer is a really cool dude and he also plays in Deeds of Flesh.

You're right about Steel Panther. They're ridiculous but they totally rock. The show last night kicked ass. Ever been in a mosh pit at a hair metal show? :laughing

Those two you posted up are too metalcore for my taste. Have fun at the show, but watch out for kids doing roundhouse kicks and windmills!

So, were there a lot of 40-50 something hair metal grannies there? MILF's in tight and holey denim?:laughing

I hear ya on the Metalcore. I like it, but it gets old quick with the amount of bands that sound the same and can't play all that well. I've seen quite a few metalcore type shows this past year or so and only a couple bands stuck out as truly better than the others. They were generally the bands that could actually pull off nice melodies and solos.:laughing

It certainly shouldn't be all about chunk and breakdown over and over again. That gets totally boring.:thumbdown It turns cliche and pop. By the time the trendy posers show up on the scene in copy cat mode it starts to get old.

Last edited:
Lol! It was mostly 20-something posers in spandex and mullet wigs. I'm only 33, but I felt like my leather jacket was older than most of the crowd :laughing

I like a good breakdown but most metalcore way overdoes it. I also don't like the mix of vocal styles, and neither is ever well executed.

So, here's some other stuff I like, to mix it up a bit. Maybe this should be in the thread "Music You're Ashamed To Admit That You Like" except I'm not that ashamed.:laughing

[youtube]GTm8SpDPO3s[/youtube]

Fucker can barely play that guitar here(or anywhere), but this is one of the greatest shitty bands of all time.:rofl A couple from NO/JD!

[youtube]_B6cwZelhW8[/youtube]

This one is haunting. NO plays this tune with more tempo, but...
[youtube]1cdgCTUf6UE[/youtube]

Back in the day when all the dudes had the hots for Lita Ford, *I* was digging Sandi Saraya. :x

[YOUTUBE]rsP32mXaq-0[/YOUTUBE]

I want this to play as I die.
nothing makes me smile and want to cry like Jimmy's intro.
[YouTube]atuU12Ye9F8[/YouTube]

Back in the day when all the dudes had the hots for Lita Ford, *I* was digging Sandi Saraya. :x

[YOUTUBE]rsP32mXaq-0[/YOUTUBE]

JesusChrist...that riff at 1:01 is a straight up rip off of "Still of the Night" White Snake from the same time period!:wtf :laughing Am I wrong?:dunno

and someone needs to post up on the White Snake video with that ugly dude singer's hot girlfriend dancing on the car half naked...you know the one.:drool:laughing

Hows about some Junior Brown?

[YOUTUBE]P_3ZafF-2eI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]x_wLVCLPx0M[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]MhrPDKgG3bE[/YOUTUBE]

Back