• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

yea, I agree. But the theory part is interesting.

Oh absolutely! But I can just imagine how much all this is going to get psychoanalyzed in a court room.

When I first heard about it, I was kind of incredulous that Satrini was even worrying about it. Hearing the two tunes side by side, it's pretty remarkable how similar they are. As someone on another site observed, you could sing the Coldplay lyric over Satch's chorus.

It seems to me a stretch that Coldplay actively copied a Satriani tune, in fact, I'd be a little surprised if they'd ever heard it. Satriani's grooves aren't typically very complicated; they're usually pretty sparse so he can blow over them. I can see this having happened by coincidence. It also doesn't strike me that there is much overlap between Satriani's fan base and Coldplay's, but who knows?

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

good luck with the sale.

On a brighter note, I just tried re-amping for the first time last night.

Holy shizzle! for anyone into recording this is truely worth the couple o hundred bucks!

good luck with the sale.

On a brighter note, I just tried re-amping for the first time last night.

Holy shizzle! for anyone into recording this is truely worth the couple o hundred bucks!

:confused

Please elaborate...

The reamp unit is a box that records the signal from your guitar (or bass or vocals) instead of recording the signal from a mic.

So after you record it you can then play that signal thru different amps with different settings, in different rooms etc . . . (one just turns the unit around)

So the other night my bro dubbed over a song with 2 signals. The first one was from a mic and the second was the reamp .wav

We played back the reamp .wav file (it was weird to listen to a guitar thru a cab with no guitar player haha) and solo'd out his guitar. We were able to position the mic in the best area, unsolo it to the rest of the mix, and then adjust his EQ and gain till his guitar sounded best. Way cool.

The reamp unit is a box that records the signal from your guitar (or bass or vocals) instead of recording the signal from a mic.

So after you record it you can then play that signal thru different amps with different settings, in different rooms etc . . . (one just turns the unit around)

So the other night my bro dubbed over a song with 2 signals. The first one was from a mic and the second was the reamp .wav

We played back the reamp .wav file (it was weird to listen to a guitar thru a cab with no guitar player haha) and solo'd out his guitar. We were able to position the mic in the best area, unsolo it to the rest of the mix, and then adjust his EQ and gain till his guitar sounded best. Way cool.

OIC now.

Very cool! :thumbup

:teeth MOAR HALP PLZ:) When a song says played in Gm what exactlly does that mean? I get that it's played in "G minor" but how does one tune for that? On the tabs it says EADGBE (standard) I attempted to play it in standard but it didn't sound so good. Am I doing it wrong?:laughing

I think that is 1 whole step down.

oh and what song are you trying to play? I might be able to know the tuning

Last edited:
:teeth MOAR HALP PLZ:) When a song says played in Gm what exactlly does that mean? I get that it's played in "G minor" but how does one tune for that? On the tabs it says EADGBE (standard) I attempted to play it in standard but it didn't sound so good. Am I doing it wrong?:laughing

The tuning should not change, but the fingering for the chord does change. When you play a song that calls for a "G" chord, what it really calls for is a G major. That's what you're playing if you play this fingering:

G (G Major)

E :2---------------|
B :0---------------|
G :0---------------|
D :0---------------|
A :2---------------|
E :3---------------|

In the key of G minor, if you need to play a G chord, you're really going to play a G minor, sometimes specified as "Gm." Here is one fingering:

Gm (G Minor)

B :3---------------|
G :3---------------|
D :5---------------|
A :5---------------|

If you look at the notes in each chord above, you'll find that there are three distinct notes in each chord.

In the G major chord, the notes are:

G, B, D

In the G minor chord, the notes are:

G, Bb, D

In the latter case, that "Bb" I listed is B flat. You'll note that the only difference between the G major and G minor chord is the middle note of the major chord (B) is dropped a half step in the minor chord (to a B flat).

Do ya'll even bother with dadgad??? seems like lots of work to rember "NEW" chords:nerd

I don't use alternate tunings. You can get some cool voicings with them, but the possibilities with standard tuning are more than I can handle as it is! :laughing

Back