• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

Hey hey cheer up, you guys got John Lennon on your team. That's like whoah :thumbup

(My attempts at being sympathetic)

Picked up a slide...:dunno

:thumbup

But I would suggest getting the basics down first.

:p

LogoWhite.png

:thumbup

But I would suggest getting the basics down first.

:p
Shuddup bish I'll melt your face!:x On the real tho... I feel confident enough in my basic skills to try to branch out and try different things. I have by no means mastered anything but I would like to get the most out of my experience with my guitar.:teeth

Btw... still m4ming on sunday?
If he wants to play slide, there's nothing more basic than getting a slide! :laughing

Soo... If I may... Any words of wisdom when it comes to slide? I got a glass slide that fits my ringfinger, you have to put it ON TOP of the fret, and it seems that standard tuning isnt the best for slide. Oh and you pluck instead of pick. Anything you (or anyone else) would like to add???

Soo... If I may... Any words of wisdom when it comes to slide? I got a glass slide that fits my ringfinger, you have to put it ON TOP of the fret, and it seems that standard tuning isnt the best for slide. Oh and you pluck instead of pick. Anything you (or anyone else) would like to add???

I don't know much about playing slide. I got one for a tune ("The Pump") at the OFG party, but really only used it to make weird noises. :p

Sunday :cry ... I just got tickets for IndyGP at Infineon.. nOOOOO Pick another date!@#@!#!@#!

Try tuning to an open chord, like open E (low to high E B E G# B E). You can arpeggiate or strum, it really depends on how you want to sound.

Also, if you get in the habit of playing the slide on your pinky, you can also fret notes behind the slide, for maximum rockage.

Lastly, higher action on the guitar makes it easier to play slide. Otherwise, it gets real easy to knock the frets with the slide.

Lastly, higher action on the guitar makes it easier to play slide. Otherwise, it gets real easy to knock the frets with the slide.

Here we go: Hooli will set the guitar up for shred and usndocjaysin will try to play slide on it! :p

Good luck setting up your own guitar then. :twofinger

PM for times and details.

PM sent bish:|

Try tuning to an open chord, like open E (low to high E B E G# B E). You can arpeggiate or strum, it really depends on how you want to sound.

Also, if you get in the habit of playing the slide on your pinky, you can also fret notes behind the slide, for maximum rockage.

Yeah... alot of youtube folks are fans of open E...As far as it being on my pinky... its a full length glass one. I could stick it on my pinky but i kinda end up barring the whole fret reguardless. Thanks for the info holmes!:teeth:thumbup
Here we go: Hooli will set the guitar up for shred and usndocjaysin will try to play slide on it! :p
:rofl Naww I'll just make due with what ever Hools does with it:teeth

A shout out to Hools for hooking me up!:thumbup He fixed Betty's D string problem and got her action nice and aligned. He was a gentlemen, explained everything he was doing to her and why, was gentle (because it was her first time), and even walked her out to the car. :laughing
Thanx again bro!!!:):teeth:thumbup.

Back