• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

A shout out to Hools for hooking me up!:thumbup He fixed Betty's D string problem and got her action nice and aligned. He was a gentlemen, explained everything he was doing to her and why, was gentle (because it was her first time), and even walked her out to the car. :laughing
Thanx again bro!!!:):teeth:thumbup.

Anytime mang! :Port

I <3 you Dream Woman!

but you missed the best part :

[youtube]GDifaMAVXrg[/youtube]

Last edited:
What was the objective in changing pickup height?

He didn't necessarily need to adjust the height, I just stated that this has a (slight) affect on tone...but don't put them up too high, or else the magnets can pull on the strings and effect your sustain. Certain pups like Fender Lace Sensors or EMG's, have lower strength magnets and therefore you can raise them as much as you like.

All I really did was to double-check the action and tweak the intonation, which actually wasn't too bad. I also matched the radius of the bridge saddles to that of the fretboard. If he wants a lower action the nut slots will have to be cut slightly lower, and the upper register frets *may* need some slight leveling. But at this stage I wouldn't worry about that. :)

He didn't necessarily need to adjust the height, I just stated that this has a (slight) affect on tone...but don't put them up too high, or else the magnets can pull on the strings and effect your sustain. Certain pups like Fender Lace Sensors or EMG's, have lower strength magnets and therefore you can raise them as much as you like.

All I really did was to double-check the action and tweak the intonation, which actually wasn't too bad. I also matched the radius of the bridge saddles to that of the fretboard. If he wants a lower action the nut slots will have to be cut slightly lower, and the upper register frets *may* need some slight leveling. But at this stage I wouldn't worry about that. :)

Cool!

On a complete tangent, has anyone has a chance to try the Fractal Audio Axe-FX?

They don't have a dealer network, so unless you know somebody who has one, you've got to buy one to try it. I've been researching these as a possible replacement for some of my gear. This was originally brought on by the fact that my multi-effects unit is showing signs of impending doom, so I was looking at replacement options for it. The Axe-FX could certainly do that, but it may be a suitable replacement for pretty much my whole rack. The first person reviews by real people have been stellar and many, many tube freaks have sold off tons of gear after getting one of these things.

werd ^ . If you're going to get a Macbook Pro, MAX it out. Apple is pretty expensive when it comes to upgrading. Just equip it with more than you need, and take the initial pocketbook loss.

My MBP can pretty much handle everything and we only paid $2k.

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

yeh homeboy there had his unit paid for by his company.

" i SWEAR i need this much power, boss!"

Back