• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

I bought my SVT-4Pro and some other rack effects at Guitar Center, but I prefer to go to the little Mom & Pop Guitar Stores to purchase my guitars. I like customizing my guitars to be unique as possible, and typicaly the smaller stores deal directly with whomever (I prefer Schecter, Carvin, Ernie Ball MusicMan) can get custom orders.

I usually go to this store on Pacific St in downtown Santa Cruz by the Metro. Dun remember the name tho :dunno

wtf no one called me

Are you still playing?

EDIT: Stupid me, I left the El cerrito GC without asking for the tremolo bar and so I have to wait until they order one and "it arrives." :rolleyes Seems like they remove all the arms from their guitars so that neighborhood street rats won't come in and swipe them, like they do with the switch tips. No really, wtf are you going to do with stolen switch tips?! :wtf

Oh, and a salesman told me that all the instruments they have are on display. :| Right...stop lying you worthless sack of s**t, I know you have more in the back. Sometimes I really hate going to GC, they're like Golden Gate Cycles for musicians. :thumbdown

I heard that, I was like:

attachment.php

Last edited:
I'm not in a band anymore, but I haven't forgotten how to play if that's what you're asking. :D

Volcomism; Awesome Thread.

Instruments :
Bass Guitarist (8 yrs)
Pianist (sketchy, 8 yrs)
Saxophone (Alto, Soprano) (11 yrs)

Endorsements:
Basson Sound
Ernie Ball
Gallien-Krueger (but I use Ampeg* :shhh

Previous Bands:
One Last Embrace
Catherine *Temp*
Prieta (formerly Morse)

[B]Played along side:[/B]
Rise Against
Thought Riot
Finch
Story of the Year
Papa Roach
My Chemical Romance
Death By Stereo
Boy Sets Fire
more.. that I can't remember lol

did you open for the bands or "sub in"? i would of liked to meet Death By Stereo & Rise Against - "i remember when 88 Fingers Louie was making CD's" i assume you must be a metal head? not just "Wait and Bleed..." i realized when i Jammed with the friends i played more of a main stream then i really cared too.

[/U]

did you open for the bands or "sub in"? i would of liked to meet Death By Stereo & Rise Against - "i remember when 88 Fingers Louie was making CD's" i assume you must be a metal head? not just "Wait and Bleed..." i realized when i Jammed with the friends i played more of a main stream then i really cared too.

The bands I "Played along side" were the bands on the bill. I met most of them. Death By Stereo and Rise Against both were awesome ppl. My favorite being Efrem, he DJ's down in Fullerton, CA and I went to see 1 of his gigs. Awesome, funny guy.

Not a metal head ;) Just appreciative of their music. I was into Punk at the time, but now I'm favoring more of the Anberlin / Alexisonfire stuff.

Me?

12 years piano
3 years trumpet
2 years Bass
10 years drums
many years of singing...hoping to front a jam band some time soon

Various garage bands you've never heard about..played college gigs and just broke up my lastest band because they were a one trick pony...too boring I like to play a variety of genres blues, funk, reaggea, covers, metal...

hmm as well. Can I play your drum set? I'm so jealous of your studio.

hmm to the third. i wish i had the money for a drum set. then again, i wish i had the money for a lot of things...

hmm to the third. i wish i had the money for a drum set. then again, i wish i had the money for a lot of things...

Percussion is the one area that is NOT for me lol. I have no problem keeping a beat, but I can't fill for crap lol. Props to you that can play.

totally true. look at AC/DC :laughing

haha true. i never said i was any good. in fact, i'm not great at all, i can do basic beats, but nothing special. i'm trying to learn how to do the whole, separating each hand and foot and having them all do different things at the same time, but with different beats and it's nuts!@! I have good rhythm with guitar and bass (where the hands are synchronized), but where they're separated, it's hard. I just wish i had the money and time to learn as I don't have a set and the only time I can try to learn is when I go to a friend who has a set or just d*ck around at guitar center haha

It's part of the house. You can tell the prior owner of the home added this stuff on. My old man and I basically just put the window separating the drum room from the monitoring room. That and shit loads of acoustic treatment!

The drum room gets no A.C. (poor drummer dude lol)and even the monitoring room doesn't get cool. Rest of the house stays nice and cool tho. All the equipment heat doesn't help either.

Back