• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

That guy is an amazing player. His other covers are fire too.

Not sure if he makes me want to practice more or just throw all my shit on the lawn and light a match.

There is an ever growing list of players that kind of make me feel that way. Ever heard of Wes Thrailkill?

Sooooo tasty. But I have to admit, the sheer onslaught makes my mere mortal head swim a little after two or three tunes.

Last edited:
PSA

My bestest favoritest 7 suddenly developed Rice Krispies syndrome when I touched the controls or even pointed the face of the guitar toward my little work station during some recording. Annoying af and completely unacceptable. I remembered somebody once mentioning an old trick: take one of those fabric softener dryer sheet thingies and wipe down the control cavity. Problem solved!

Hmmm...

yamaha thr30ii wireless desktop amplifier

FfS7vd9.jpg

So my guitar remains on backorder. There are some floor models available at GC stores but I don't want to pay full price for an open box model. What would you guys do? Take the "like new" condition floor models with old strings or stay on the backorder list for who knows how long?

Stay on back order with whomever you’re currently dealing with imo. Grab a cheapo in the interim. I have an $80 nylon string Chinese glue box I grab all the time. The important thing is to get your hands on the wood asap. If you know what I mean...

Long term? If you think you’ll be buying mostly retail, take the time to build a relationship with a GC associate. He/she is likely a local musician and would appreciate the support. Maybe enough to give you 20% off all your future purchases.;)

I've been trying to improve my melody/solo phrasing by being more mindful of the progression I'm playing over. "Playing" the changes" instead of just blasting a pattern over it. So I came up with this progression with a few twists in it to keep me on my toes. I might even use this as an intro someday, maybe even expand it into a whole piece.

ZM8>Scarlett2i2>Neural Abassi>Reaper

https://soundcloud.com/user-717973884/resolved3

My phrasing is still garbage at the moment, so it might be awhile before I post a finished piece.

Back