• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Lick Observatory.

It was pretty windy. The clouds came alive and put on a show.

Rn2hOgG.jpg

rMY6LUZ.jpg

Mines Rd

T1TZSyq.jpg

Morgan Territory Rd

TS1fV3L.jpg

eEHikOs.jpg

ioip0AQ.jpg

Vasco Rd

dZxelby.jpg

A3buOhh.jpg

I led a group up Del Porto Canyon and then up to Mt Hamilton.
attachment.php

Where is everyone? Only ones there at 11:00 AM and yes it was windy.
attachment.php

The temperature got above 45 today, gotta put more miles on the new bike. I had been wondering about a mountain north of here that doesn't seem to be part of the other mountains a bit further to the east. Looked it up on Google Earth and decided to see if I could go up it.

This is on Big Flat Road about 15 miles east of Emmett. The mud started to look worse, it was getting close to 3:00 (gotta get back home before dark), so this is where I turned around. This road did NOT go up the mountain.
Fm0qBqZ.jpg

Coming back down I see that THOSE are the hills I wanted to go up. Turns out that the road I wanted, Butte Rd, was sort of hidden by a fire station right where the pavement turns to dirt and two other roads split off, so I missed it.
1j6h0DI.jpg

This is Butte Rd at the point I decided the mud was getting worse and I didn't want to take a chance of dumping the new bike in it. Looking back toward Emmett.
N1jM9wj.jpg

I'll go back there in about four months and ride up to the top, once the snow melts and the whole road isn't slick mud.

Lake Hennessey with my friend on his just revived 1979 CBX six.

DSC01809.jpg

-Bill

Moffet Field.

It's huge, a self-contained mini-city. I was surprised by the network of roads inside, with old barracks, apartments, motels, a new-style residential section (looks kind of fake and out of place amidst all the other 1950s style buildings), play grounds, sports fields, etc.

b31kthW.jpg

The 50's building style reminds me of my high school.

fB3kF1W.jpg

P3 Orion sub-hunter

60xBtgI.jpg

wKF6sT4.jpg

Used to be a gas station

xQxzmno.jpg

Used to be a McDonald's

h9UTxlG.jpg

Last edited:
Good stuff guys. :thumbup

Gary.. the pic of the bike in the hanger is cool as hell. I want one! :teeth

Good eye on the tanks of the two old skool cool Honda's.

Candlestick Point. The torn down and trash strewn Candlestick Park behind is a sad sight.

F0z82Ij.jpg

Hunters Point Shipyard. I got inside and was excited about getting some cool shots of the abandoned buildings up close, but got chased out by a private security guard.

l8iNx5M.jpg

8zchO27.jpg

XrWmlU1.jpg

Last edited:
Why did they pull the skin off the blimp hanger?
There were two right?

From what I recall it was because of hazardous materials contained in it.
Google agreed to restore it I believe.

Wow, that CBX is HAWT! He did a damn good job on it! :thumbup

Thanks John, actually the CBX only has ~14K miles on it and has always been garaged & never hit the ground. So cosmetically it needed almost nothing. But cleaning those six carbs was another story...

-Bill

Why did they pull the skin off the blimp hanger?
There were two right?

From what I recall it was because of hazardous materials contained in it.
Google agreed to restore it I believe.

Yup, I was wondering the same. This Wiki link tells the whole story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangar_One_(Mountain_View,_California)

These military/government site cleanups are always a huge undertaking. The Huters Point Naval Shipyard cleanup (with radioactive materials) and development plan is another huge debacle. :facepalm

India Basin and Central Waterfront in SF

pjrNheM.jpg

wZXX5Cu.jpg

KBs3GvB.jpg

VrQ5iQ5.jpg

LFJKJSf.jpg

KuCl8Hc.jpg

KblOrnw.jpg

ltNCyCM.jpg

Last edited:
Candlestick Point. The torn down and trash strewn Candlestick Park behind is a sad sight.

F0z82Ij.jpg

Hunters Point Shipyard. I got inside and was excited about getting some cool shots of the abandoned buildings up close, but got chased out by a private security guard.

l8iNx5M.jpg

8zchO27.jpg

XrWmlU1.jpg

Looks like a great place for a race track. Minis and SM...

Mad

Blacks Creek Road. Another day with the temperature over 45, so I "had" to put some more miles on the bike. Can't go very far up most dirt roads before encountering snow and ice. This was my turn around spot.

DYyT5Am.jpg

^^ Brrrrrrrrrrrrr...……..

It was cold here, too... 60 degrees.

Here's a cross pollination from a silly thread in the sink.

Here you go HH, I had to run an errand over in PG today, this is the building they used as the police station in "Turner & Hooch"...

picture.php

With just enough moto in it to qualify.
Nice. :thumbup

Chilly ride today but still a great time, aside from the frozen finger tips :laughing

S4w0odu.jpg

qa3uWPp.jpg

PtstfGp.jpg

Chilly ride today but still a great time, aside from the frozen finger tips :laughing

S4w0odu.jpg

I love this composition, the line of buoys on the right extending off into the water, the bike profile, and the light on the rock on the left suggesting a heat blast from the exhaust. Nice! Too bad the Danger signs are there, but in a way they fit in too.

-Bill

Last edited:
Back