• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Please excuse the crappy clam phone photo of 3 old farts at the Homestake Gold Mine, Morgan Valley Rd. out of Lower Lake.

Attachments

• 379396B0-BB0E-414A-B680-172A846E93B1.jpeg
    379396B0-BB0E-414A-B680-172A846E93B1.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 73
Cantelow Rd.

DSC01944.jpg

Pleasants Vly Rd. redbuds in full glory

DSC01952.jpg

Almonds in full bloom

DSC01956.jpg

128 below the dam

DSC01958.jpg

-Bill

Too soon for wild flowers?

All over here in Morro Bay, nothing inland around Creston (229) yet.

A few lupine here and there, but no poppies yet. With this crazy warm weather it won't be long though.

-Bill

This is the same ride I did a while back on one of my XR650L's. I came down a different way, though. I think I enjoyed it more on the 790R than on the Honda.

I'm headed to the top of that mountain in the background, Wilson Peak. The high point is on the left, not the pointy part.
GypbaBL.jpg

Here I am at the top of Wilson Peak. Only the tiniest hint of snow on the way up, it's not high enough to be snow covered.
bzg1mWE.jpg

On the way down I discovered a great little section of twisty road, Upper Reynolds Creek Rd. Had to air back up the tires to properly enjoy it.
1CiBcFq.jpg

This is the same ride I did a while back on one of my XR650L's. I came down a different way, though. I think I enjoyed it more on the 790R than on the Honda.

I'm headed to the top of that mountain in the background, Wilson Peak. The high point is on the left, not the pointy part.
GypbaBL.jpg

Here I am at the top of Wilson Peak. Only the tiniest hint of snow on the way up, it's not high enough to be snow covered.
bzg1mWE.jpg

On the way down I discovered a great little section of twisty road, Upper Reynolds Creek Rd. Had to air back up the tires to properly enjoy it.
1CiBcFq.jpg

Nice!!

-Bill

I managed to get out for another short ride (a little less than 100 miles).

This is on Pearl Road headed from Eagle towards Horseshoe Bend. "I'll just ride until I get to some mud and then turn around. Well, there's mud but no snow, so just a little bit further. I'm headed back down now, the mud can't last that much longer."
4DX3co1.jpg

Made it to Horseshoe Bend, decided to ride the back roads to Emmett, which includes some decent high speed sweepers. Once past Emmett, hopped back on the dirt roads to get back to where I started. This is Jackass Gulch Rd. Those twisty sections would be fantastic if they were paved. Not so great covered with loose gravel.
ErvnKYK.jpg

Spent more time riding that stopping for pix today so I only have a few to post.
UlAWhmV.jpg

GMcMmLG.jpg

07FfTLy.jpg

I managed to get out for another short ride (a little less than 100 miles).

This is on Pearl Road headed from Eagle towards Horseshoe Bend. "I'll just ride until I get to some mud and then turn around. Well, there's mud but no snow, so just a little bit further. I'm headed back down now, the mud can't last that much longer."
4DX3co1.jpg

Made it to Horseshoe Bend, decided to ride the back roads to Emmett, which includes some decent high speed sweepers. Once past Emmett, hopped back on the dirt roads to get back to where I started. This is Jackass Gulch Rd. Those twisty sections would be fantastic if they were paved. Not so great covered with loose gravel.
ErvnKYK.jpg

How are you liking the 790? I have had a deposit on one since September and the dealer still has no idea when they are going to get them in. I am starting to go nuts having waited so long. I have literally been reduced to riding this every day while I wait. :laughing
DKYD2hi.jpg

How are you liking the 790? I have had a deposit on one since September and the dealer still has no idea when they are going to get them in. I am starting to go nuts having waited so long. I have literally been reduced to riding this every day while I wait.
It is the best motorcycle ever!

Really, for the type of riding I like to do it's the best possible choice. It has more than enough power for my needs, handling is great both on road and off, it gets great fuel economy and just "feels right" when I ride it. I usually figure I need about 1000 miles to adjust to a new bike but coming off of a 1090R as well as an XR650L, the 790R has felt right from the beginning and there has been no adjustment period at all.

I was expecting to wait until May or June to get it, but the dealer called me in December and said that they had my bike. The break-in was all done in cold weather. But I keep finding reasons to get out on it. It's worth waiting for.

It is the best motorcycle ever!

Really, for the type of riding I like to do it's the best possible choice. It has more than enough power for my needs, handling is great both on road and off, it gets great fuel economy and just "feels right" when I ride it. I usually figure I need about 1000 miles to adjust to a new bike but coming off of a 1090R as well as an XR650L, the 790R has felt right from the beginning and there has been no adjustment period at all.

I was expecting to wait until May or June to get it, but the dealer called me in December and said that they had my bike. The break-in was all done in cold weather. But I keep finding reasons to get out on it. It's worth waiting for.

That is good to hear, I wanted something that I could commute on a couple of times a week and then take out for long weekend trips and feel comfortable riding in somewhat technical terrain, it ticks all those boxes for me.

I hope I dont have to wait until May or June though, with all the Corona Virus crap kicking around I am not sure how much longer I want to be riding BART daily.

I decided to go scout a possible route over to Jordan Valley, OR. When it's not too cold, I can get dozens of miles of additional dirt riding if I go through Silver City. Headed into the hills toward Silver City, it looked like it might be snowing up there:
3EsalG1.jpg

Once I got to the ice it was time to turn around.
XFSjzMo.jpg

It seems that the wildflowers are centralized in Morro Bay.
I went to Montanya del Oro state park for look around.
All I could find was one section poppies, almost to Spooner beach.

Attachments

• IMG_2363.jpg
    IMG_2363.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2367.jpg
    IMG_2367.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 69
@ Gary:

With all the abandoned places you explore on quiet mornings, I’m surprised you haven’t come across a dead body or 2, a la any “Law & Order” episode.... :laughing

Back