• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Mt Hamilton. Damp and cold at the top.

ZGZfnC3.jpg

CtZNOsi.jpg

uguzarm.jpg

I seems I found a slice of twilight zone today.
Old creek Rd & Santa Rosa creek rd.
I rode to force feed some fresh air into my triangle zone.
I turned around to snap the turkeys, group size ok, failed on spacing. About 2/3 way to Cambria, getting colder. Hot tea and a slice o' pie is nothin sitting on the sidewalk.
I have been saving this ride for the end result, pie. Now it won't happen this year.

Twilight zone
Stopped for pix, between two steep tight 150* right turns, check the warning signs > < up & down.

Attachments

• IMG_2383.jpg
    IMG_2383.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2385.jpg
    IMG_2385.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 36
Last one Whale Rock res.
One big lake, it pops thru that little straight (water gap), out to what IS the Pacific.

Attachments

• IMG_2384.jpg
    IMG_2384.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2386.jpg
    IMG_2386.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 37
Forks are off to Racetech for new internals n emulators!

Attachments

• 6DD78195-A0C2-48AB-BCF5-10B5E9C8B854.jpg
    6DD78195-A0C2-48AB-BCF5-10B5E9C8B854.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 37
Went down the coast this morning around 11... very light traffic, everywhere, but there was a couple of road crews here and there.

The view was spectacular, from Hurricane Point I could see north of Santa Cruz.

picture.php

Went down the coast this morning around 11... very light traffic, everywhere, but there was a couple of road crews here and there.

The view was spectacular, from Hurricane Point I could see north of Santa Cruz.

picture.php

Spectacular indeed!!!

-Bill

I had heard that there is a road that goes down to the Snake River about half way between the
two places where I know you can cross the river. Decided to see if I could find the route.

This road ended at the top of a cliff, where the power lines cross the river.
OrF5mnW.jpg

Same parking spot looking back upstream.
EBLogx7.jpg

Found the route that I know goes down to the river, based on Google Maps images from outer
space. It's going to be "fun" coming back up this trail. I actually manage to dump the thing
somewhere around here. :(
SXhl8Qi.jpg

Stopped on the way down to let about 15 psi out of the tires for better traction. This is
very close to where my new bike got its first battle scar on the way back out.
oIlTsUz.jpg

Down by the river, at the end of the road that goes for a mile or two along the water.
v8xdvFM.jpg

I had heard that there is a road that goes down to the Snake River about half way between the
two places where I know you can cross the river. Decided to see if I could find the route.

This road ended at the top of a cliff, where the power lines cross the river.
OrF5mnW.jpg

Same parking spot looking back upstream.
EBLogx7.jpg

Found the route that I know goes down to the river, based on Google Maps images from outer
space. It's going to be "fun" coming back up this trail. I actually manage to dump the thing
SXhl8Qi.jpg

Stopped on the way down to let about 15 psi out of the tires for better traction. This is
very close to where my new bike got its first battle scar on the way back out.
oIlTsUz.jpg

Down by the river, at the end of the road that goes for a mile or two along the water.
v8xdvFM.jpg

Beautiful country Scott!

-Bill

Racetech forks in and a cruise.

Attachments

• 8651027B-3876-48BF-A474-000F8CA0D05B.jpg
    8651027B-3876-48BF-A474-000F8CA0D05B.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 63
A bike I still have--though not as shiny anymore--in a place we can't go now.

Attachments

• IMG_4711.jpg
    IMG_4711.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 72
Found the route that I know goes down to the river, based on Google Maps images from outer space. It's going to be "fun" coming back up this trail. I actually manage to dump the thing

That looks way too hard for me to even want to attempt on my own ADV bike. Someone else's bike, maybe. :laughing

Since I'm not riding this weekend, I'm recycling some photos that didn't make the final cut from last weekend's ride on Mt Hamilton, San Antonio Valley, Del Puerto Canyon.

IT3P2mv.jpg

i2saF2x.jpg

ezVIxgd.jpg

KpaP6gQ.jpg

LKWrrhC.jpg

9UBxBm0.jpg

That looks way too hard for me to even want to attempt on my own ADV bike. Someone else's bike, maybe. :laughing
Most of the places that I want to ride still have snow on them. Gotta explore the lower elevations. I'll go back to that road on my XR650L one of these days and see if it's any easier.

Keep the pics coming Scott. Looks like you are enjoying your move more and more. We can live vicariously through your pics.

I don't think I'll be riding for who knows how long.

Yesterday I put Stabil in these four bikes, ran them for a bit, then put them back to rest until things change for the better. Their "location" won't be changing for a while I'm afraid.

Yn9DIYuh.jpg

Q1Yctsth.jpg

4B4UQ3rh.jpg

hoB8zbFh.jpg

nR7Nz7Gh.jpg

AE0t1Uxh.jpg

v06ddamh.jpg

One year ago

hpLNE2uh.jpg

Lml0yeGh.jpg

b5aOkXkh.jpg

Last Friday. Dog and humans replaced motorcycles.

52fidTdh.jpg

c3At5ADh.jpg

srFSdcYh.jpg

My new hobby is bleaching things after shopping.

rs6Mo0mh.jpg

Short shakedown ride on my recently rebuilt SRX 6. Up Mt Hamilton and back.
The bike has been down for about 4 years. It was a wonderful time. :teeth
I'll put it away for a while, 'til the Covid thing perhaps settles.

IMG_8134.jpg

IMG_8130.jpg

Back