• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

A nasty cut from riding over downed branches, apparently.

nlLA8pn.jpg

Around downtown San Jose

Jij0MMe.jpg

HCtEBjD.jpg

GD1xow4.jpg

XpSZQXf.jpg

xRWUDQb.jpg

Metcalf rd

8G8l7Iq.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think wood is that sharp. I had a piece of granite gravel stuck in my tire on Sierra Rd, was able to plug it and get home, and then replaced the tire (it had many miles already). The cut was only half your length though.

I don't think wood is that sharp. I had a piece of granite gravel stuck in my tire on Sierra Rd, was able to plug it and get home, and then replaced the tire (it had many miles already). The cut was only half your length though.

For your enlightenment

bBm0bu0.jpg

qXNygUA.jpg

Bear Creek Rd

Looks like the fire was set deliberately. The wooden utility pole got badly burned and might not withstand a winter storm. This stuff is really unconscionable. :thumbdown

ztfngFu.jpg

Et0uvEV.jpg

Mountain Lion Rd

6GeTEB9.jpg

OPNfkle.jpg

It was so much prettier in person than what these pictures show

fSFxf7m.jpg

yQY2JEA.jpg

9NyX5HF.jpg

Last edited:
Damn local history stuff Gary. Really cool.

Were those abandoned cars in yesterday’s post off 9?

Yea, but I'm hating the cars.

It just seems we're being inundated with nothing but abandoned burned out wrecks.

I'll agree that the burned out wrecks are not attractive to look at, especially in the redwoods. but I have to say it's the "privilege" of people who live in rural areas to collect broken down cars, RVs, etc. After all, they got the land for that stuff. They can say they are getting around to getting things repaired, until the fire....and it does look like a few were destroyed with a purpose.....

And if the photos are just considered art, the burned out cars do convey something lost, regardless if the car's owner really lost anything.

Anyways, I do like the murals. As a San Jose resident, I will be looking around for those because several are unfamiliar.

Near downtown San Jose

sJ2bGae.jpg

3rawdQ9.jpg

Lower section of Zayante Rd, covered in pea gravel for a few miles.

3fbrVi6.jpg

Deer Creek Rd

31iCGYT.jpg

WG1qmQn.jpg

Bear Creek Rd - low hanging smoke from wood burning fireplaces

z9JhQNE.jpg

China Grade - still closed farther in

13w3vkS.jpg

Last edited:
We had one single day with temperatures above 45 degrees - my lower limit to get out riding. So I hooked up with a fellow XR650L rider and we rode a few dozen miles of damp dirt roads. This is at one fork in the road.

POQpSbH.jpg

Another stop, with a view. This is where we determined that any mud, as opposed to the sand sections, was probably not going to be any fun to ride in.

I88AYFY.jpg

Santa Cruz Mountains

SyJavIZ.jpg

NYxY1KJ.jpg

j4tfxOd.jpg

This gave me better appreciation of the name "Boulder" Creek.

0icAkNI.jpg

0jL12kG.jpg

3cnqGTl.jpg

I like the look of burned or rusted vehicles; they're like skeletons of wild animals. (This one's not that pretty but some are.) I fantasized about getting a burned car as backyard art but pretty sure my wife doesn't share that vision.

l4KsjWF.jpg

BCXAqEV.jpg

Last edited:
Moskowite Corner

7hg2e9b.jpg

QuUcCq7.jpg

gF73v04.jpg

Berryessa Knoxville Rd

hzXWKX4.jpg

IzvX1Dt.jpg

St Helena

7GYH2ua.jpg

Last edited:
A bit thin this year, that blonde grinch has killed the PO this year. Had my mail sent out on the 16th, stuck somewhere since the 20th, not one xmas card.
So with nothing new to play with, out to the desert range for some ventilation.
Had to pass thru Xmas corner, on the correct day.
Xmas toys,
Sundown @ the ranch,

Back