• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

A little run down Mines Rd, about a week before the Junction closed.

ujX2T8a.jpg

CoNnwzV.jpg

yZhih45.jpg

My pleasure, budman. Another things I learned today - loma means hill in Spanish, prieta means dark. Loma Prieta -> dark hill.

Many remote dirt roads in the Santa Cruz mountains have a forbidden feel, where boundaries of county roads and private roads are blurry. The funny thing is, having been really into guns during my college years, I get it when I see bullet holes and shotgun blasts on abandoned vehicles and road signs. I'd want to shoot things up too if I lived on a remote property miles away from people. :laughing

IbGlrgr.jpg

Took the new bike to the obligatory Hwy1 south + 154 from Santa Barbara trip two days' ago. Hwy 154 (here) is one of the most pretty highways in California.

Last edited:
I think I saw you going that way on Highland highway. We were 4 DS bikes, had just come from playing around on that area of Buzzard Lagoon. Fun stuff.

Yup, I saw you guys, and I thought those small DS bikes w/ knobby tires would be great on Buzzard Lagoon. Any pictures? My 690SM with street tires is ok on easy dirt roads, I just need to keep it slow. Compared to my much heavier GS, the 690's lighter weight makes me feel more comfortable exploring unfamiliar dirt roads, knowing it would be easier to pick up if dropped.

A couple of more shots:

xTnp9mi.jpg

SG1pRDL.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, I saw you guys, and I thought those small DS bikes w/ knobby tires would be great on Buzzard Lagoon. Any pictures? My 690SM with street tires is ok on easy dirt roads, I just need to keep it slow. Compared to my much heavier GS, the 690's lighter weight makes me feel more comfortable exploring unfamiliar dirt roads, knowing it would be easier to pick up if dropped.

A couple of more shots:

xTnp9mi.jpg

SG1pRDL.jpg

Just a few pictures. Post #110.
https://www.southbayriders.com/forums/threads/165409/page-6

Sunday ride out HWY36 today. It was 42 degrees when we started at 10am.
First pic is leaving the Black Alley.
Next 2 shots are at the Bridgeville turnout, to warm up our hands.
4th shot is at the top of South Fork Mountain, eating a double bacon cheeseburger from the Burger Bar in Mad River.
Last pic is also the top of South Fork Mtn view. It was almost 50 degrees there at 1pm.
Lots of frost and moisture on the shaded parts of the road today.

Attachments

• Sunday Ride 1.jpg
    Sunday Ride 1.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Sunday Ride 2.jpg
    Sunday Ride 2.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Sunday Ride 3.jpg
    Sunday Ride 3.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Sunday Ride 4.jpg
    Sunday Ride 4.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Sunday Ride 5.jpg
    Sunday Ride 5.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 34
The 40’s is about as far down that I will go and usually won’t. :laughing

Junction opening again?

Saw this yesterday, Nov. 29. For the remote people, this is the famous "Junction" at the intersection of Hwy 130 and Patterson Rd behind Mt. Hamilton.

Last edited:
Sunday ride out HWY36 today. It was 42 degrees when we started at 10am.
First pic is leaving the Black Alley.
Next 2 shots are at the Bridgeville turnout, to warm up our hands.
4th shot is at the top of South Fork Mountain, eating a double bacon cheeseburger from the Burger Bar in Mad River.
Last pic is also the top of South Fork Mtn view. It was almost 50 degrees there at 1pm.
Lots of frost and moisture on the shaded parts of the road today.

I rode from Brookings to Medford on Sunday. WEnt through the tunnel on 199 and dropped from 47 to 37 all the way down to 33*. My bike kept calling me a damn snowflake. :x

KTM heated grips have NOTHING on BMW's. HARRUMPH.

Lonster, you should invite me. I am two hours away.

Last edited:
I would love to, but I have my 83 year old mother living here since the death of her husband. Sheesh. My friend Dan, who you met at the rally, is driving down to Redding this weekend to ride with me. You are always invited to tag along. But I don't have an extra room for you anymore.

Last edited:
Downtown San Jose

3 hrs parking for 25 cents - wonder what era this was. Looks like this lot will soon become a mix use high-rise office building / condo.

ER5xZ4S.jpg

RMmZVx8.jpg

KDTWfko.jpg

AKuCfu9.jpg

8bl9gQ9.jpg

Fall colors

Out with an old friend...

Attachments

• 6F6D6BAB-DDA2-454B-8068-77E0ED7CAC92.jpg
    6F6D6BAB-DDA2-454B-8068-77E0ED7CAC92.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 27
  • 63241FC4-CEFB-4E4C-A2AF-50A58EAF47F2.jpg
    63241FC4-CEFB-4E4C-A2AF-50A58EAF47F2.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 2DFEF5B6-94DB-4EC9-B2E9-17E68DE3E1DD.jpg
    2DFEF5B6-94DB-4EC9-B2E9-17E68DE3E1DD.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 26
  • C014BC86-1B4D-49C9-A7B1-198EE66B51C8.jpeg
    C014BC86-1B4D-49C9-A7B1-198EE66B51C8.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 30
  • C025E3B2-33E8-4958-889E-95A514B03BE5.jpeg
    C025E3B2-33E8-4958-889E-95A514B03BE5.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 32
Panoche Rd

VGmhrUW.jpg

lmebYwj.jpg

Little Panoche Rd

This road always has the most beautiful sunset colors, but it sucks to have to ride in the dark the rest of the way back to San Jose.

zyVfw2V.jpg

elYItoz.jpg

This was my first bike. Photo was taken adjacent to the Anchorage airport in 2004.
6bDdhUU.jpg

This is my current bike and was taken on Coast Road in Big Sur a couple of weekends ago.

E4JsOWY.jpg

I would love to, but I have my 83 year old mother living here since the death of her husband. Sheesh. My friend Dan, who you met at the rally, is driving down to Redding this weekend to ride with me. You are always invited to tag along. But I don't have an extra room for you anymore.

I just wanna ride motorpickles. :ride

I got the room thinge covered. Sorry to hear about Mama's hubby.

Back