• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Little Grass Valley Road

ACtC-3fYgqsp1DYZceBkfuUMgkjvZo2Pk1gaPkYJPlBE566dopZI-LChQt1h_7oAyqAN9crull0PDMnVjVyfqQSq4i7J5sJ1hzkxN5UBBLQch-LJ-BE1bymIHvBDGR6TQHrX50TfBqvgOqjLqTiopS_hWX5l2A=w1149-no

Etna CA

While riding the Norcal 1,000.

I never seem to be able to get photos to rotate properly. :thumbdown

Attachments

• IMG_7109 (1).jpeg
    IMG_7109 (1).jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 210
I enjoy all the pics posted to this thread. In some cases it gives me ideas on roads to go find, in other cases it just makes me wanna get out and ride more.

^^ This.

I’ve been on a bit of a riding hiatus since 2017 or thereabouts… for the first three of those years I had a shitty bike I couldn’t trust. I finally dumped it for a V-Strom in February 2020, and then… well, you know.

Now to make up for lost time. And miles. :ride

Today's goal, ride Trail 4 with better preparation than last time I tried it.
yh0VCIh.jpg

This is the easy part of the trail. You can see it heading up the hillside.
KH60Txr.jpg

Right before the spot where I had problems last time. Walked up to the hard part, figured out the line I needed, and made it through.
BnQuZ7z.jpg

This is where I'm pretty sure I would have gotten stuck this time if I hadn't chickened out used my wisdom from years of riding to choose to skip it. I went up and examined the lines and determined that there were at least ten places where a mistake would cause me to get stuck, and I'm not good enough to get through something like this mistake-free. So I turned around and rode back down. This section and the one above would easily be rated black diamond at Carnegie.
Ikhjpep.jpg

Back on the main road, which is so much easier.
kONLKed.jpg

Met this guy at the top of Trail 4. It wasn't too tough on a YZ450. He explained that the place where I stopped was the last "hard" part on that trail. Then he tried to talk me into taking another single-track that was right across the road from this scenic spot. I told him "maybe next time".
RuwkCje.jpg

A TR 650 and an FZ1! Both on my top ten favorite owned bikes.:afm199:ride

While riding the Norcal 1,000.

I never seem to be able to get photos to rotate properly. :thumbdown

attachment.php

:thumbup

looking forward to having you tell me how to find this watch tower when next I see you brother! :gsxrgrl:party

(if you click twice on your attachment it opens the pic in its own window oriented correctly, and you can then paste that address with image tags in a post and it displays upright, which is what I did here ... its a hack-y work around that defeats the quick-loading purpose of an attachment thumbnail, but oh well. :ride)

Last edited:
This is 7 miles from me.
Got into Grand Junction on a hook,
Lift pump issues, waiting for shop time, now waiting for parts.
Got placed in an RV park, starting my second week today.
Haven't been looking around/fun, focused on truck repair, trucks history questions
Will a gremlin bell work with my Dodge?

Attachments

• IMG_3159.jpg
    IMG_3159.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 26
Boise Ridge Road, end to end

The goal of today's ride, ride Boise Ridge end to end and keep on heading north until we get to the top of Hawley Mountain. Both the KTM 790 and the XR650 are mine. I loaned the XR to a friend while he's waiting on a few parts for his KTM 500 EXC.

This is the top of Shaw Mountain Rd where it becomes Rocky Canyon Rd, but also where Boise Ridge Rd begins on the south end. There were three bicyclists at the top too, getting ready to ride down the other side.
cTUif69.jpg

Almost to Bogus Basin Rd. We got a lot of rain yesterday down in the valley. Looks like it turned to snow up here. Traction was great to this point. Not quite as good later on due to mud.
2qcq9rG.jpg

Being three "older" guys, we stop quite a bit along the way.
4N1bFHI.jpg

The other end of Boise Ridge Rd at Harris Creek Rd. The road heading back up in the background has the same number (374) on it, but is now Hawley Mountain Rd.
flLLn6q.jpg

That snow covered peak in the background is Bogus Basin Ski Resort. This is a bit before the mud started to make things difficult.
hLWgj9S.jpg

The higher we got, the more snow and mud. We turned around with probably less than two miles left to the top, a little further along than this photo.
1z0jwJH.jpg

The goal of today's ride, ride Boise Ridge end to end and keep on heading north until we get to the top of Hawley Mountain. Both the KTM 790 and the XR650 are mine.

Very Nice! :thumbup

I followed the owner's manual and played with suspension setup for the Ulysses for a while but it didn't work too well. The suspension felt wobbly and the bike didn't turn well, so today I went to Catalyst Reaction for suspension setup. $40 well spent. Now it rides and turns much better.

San Carlos - pedestrian tunnel under train tracks.

DtY4wgh.jpg

Sam Mateo County animal control/shelter

Li4nRpb.jpg

Burlingame shoreline, near SFO. This reminds me of Ka'anapali, Hawaii

DEZl1Es.jpg

y4cLb5G.jpg

CineArts at Hyatt in Burlingame. Closed in 2008 according to this: http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/4070

Etm1LnE.jpg

Golden Gate National Cemetery. The geometric patterns from the endless rows of headstones look amazing.

AQytXXd.jpg

Zuc52r7.jpg

Lobitas Creek Rd. Good hiding place for zebras.

6ou5kSW.jpg

Camp trip 2021

Near Kennedy Meadows, in Las Padres National Forest, top of Mt Hamilton, Mono lake

Attachments

• Kennedy Meadows.jpg
    Kennedy Meadows.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Las Padres Nat forest.jpg
    Las Padres Nat forest.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Hamilton.jpg
    Hamilton.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Mono Lake.jpg
    Mono Lake.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Pescadero CREEK Road

RKY9l8Fh.jpg

I used to think the "Memorial Park" there was a cemetery. It creeped me out every time I rode past it after dark, and I avoided looking at that sign in my headlight. Then I found out it was just a park. :rolleyes

Palo Verdes Rd at the end of Palomeras rd

1dyw7XE.jpg

G32FgXU.jpg

Back