• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Mare Island, Vallejo. A lot of big old buildings with beautiful patina and broken windows; quite a naval ship building history here.

byUdFoZ.jpg

Yhr8pJB.jpg

M9GQ1tX.jpg

I wish I knew this thread existed a while ago. I have years of photos from all over California and Oregon, but I'll spare you :afm199

Overlooking Mammoth Pools:
h6Zd4gi.jpg

At the end of Highway 1, I'm probably the first RS660 owner to make it to some of these places in Norcal:
dapT644.jpg

Branscomb road, graffiti summit spot:
GHQ42FW.jpg

Summit of 175, just past the Lake County line
F1NSnsV.jpg

Somewhere east of Bakersfield, I forget:
hQdckhA.jpg

Palos Verdes Estates looking back toward Redondo Beach. Great day to ride!

I wish I knew this thread existed a while ago. I have years of photos from all over California and Oregon, but I'll spare you :afm199
You could always start another thread and start posting those photos. Be sure to include the date you did it and where it was at.

Colorado National Monument

WTF

Welcome to Fruita, the west gate, , ,
All this was privately paid for back in 1907, and a touring road of 23 miles was built just for seeing the sights, with the hope it would become part of the Park Service.
I really want to run this with the mini because of the low speed limits, still waiting for a lift pump so I can access freeways.

Attachments

• IMG_3161.jpg
    IMG_3161.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3164.jpg
    IMG_3164.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3183.jpg
    IMG_3183.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3186.jpg
    IMG_3186.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3188.jpg
    IMG_3188.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 18
Stanley Idaho or Bust

Today's goal: all pavement to Stanley Idaho. Never been there before.

Went through Idaho City on Highway 21 on the way there, didn't stop. This is Mores Creek Summit for a rest stop. The guy who normally rides a 500EXC is on a Z750S for this ride.
c2S8GYV.jpg

We occasionally came out of the trees to see beautiful mountains in the distance. This section of road between Idaho City and Lowman is the best set of twisties that I know of in Idaho.
y51Tyw3.jpg

Southfork Lodge in Lowman. Only stopped in Lowman long enough for a quick photo.
zhAa9Mv.jpg

Headed toward Stanley there are some flat areas with interesting fences at the side of the road.
iZKnDEp.jpg

Stunning mountains in the distance - at another rest stop.
yDRaI9L.jpg

Didn't bother taking any photos in Stanley (population 63), but on the way out we had a great view of the Sawtooth mountains.
qfx3btS.jpg

We went through Sun Valley (actually Ketchum) and this is the best I could do for a photo that actually had the words "Sun Valley".
JJpvGaF.jpg

The next 100+ miles were a real slog to get back home.

Nice photos, Scott! Keep `em comin'! As usual, you have me pining for Idaho.

I 100% agree with you on that section of pavement between Idaho City and Lowman. I did it in a cargo van full of motorcycles and it wasn't all that great. My opinion changed dramatically when I rode it on my brand new WR250f with streety tires :laughing

Next time you're heading home from Ketchum go over Dollarhide Summit (can't remember the actual name of the road on the Ketchum end...Warm Springs, maybe?) and stop at the Smoky Bar store on the way to Featherville and down past Anderson Reservoir. It might not be faster but it is far from a slog :ride

The Heart of Silicon Valley, just short of the runway.

qgmu4EJ.jpg

QMnp3cq.jpg

zDBsMR6.jpg

lIVWVMc.jpg

CigQJvJ.jpg

jEsdDD8.jpg

Last edited:
So, are there no tow trucks in the bay area?

I mean, I'm sure if I looked about down here in So Cal, I'd find my share of abandoned vehicles, but, I sure don't remember seeing many.

Thats the City of San Jose homeless camp - the landing aircraft fly right over it

"Welcome to San Jose"

I get disgusted everytime I have to drive by that area but it beats the homless being next to my business

The City allowed the homeless camps on the streets and along the creeks to fester because of COVID

Bay Area doing it's best impression of Mumbai, super expensive real-estate surrounded on all sides by slums. The on and off ramps around Oakland and Berkeley consistently shocking whenever I find myself over on that stretch of 80.

Eagleson, Wildcat Gulch

Went off on my own today to do some tighter roads then usual. This is on 8th Street/Sunset Peak Rd with the last view of the valley before getting into the trees.
Jl5Hhqn.jpg

Taking a break on Eagleson Rd near the top. This is one of five roads that cross to the east side of this mountain range. You could probably fit a Jeep through this road if you don't mind scraping the sides with a lot of branches. I couldn't even keep from hitting a few branches myself on a bike.
LpmaZn8.jpg

Made it out the other side of Eagleson, this is where Robie Creek changes to Clear Creek.
nHOzVz2.jpg

Went back up into the hills on Wildcat Gulch, which Garmin calls Warm Springs, and the USFS calls 311. This is the view looking east.
FVkyvT4.jpg

And the view looking west just a little bit later. This is a ridge between the other sets of mountains.
O3fx0VM.jpg

I was just here a week ago headed in a perpendicular direction to where I'm headed today. Just trying to get back home while still staying on as much dirt as possible. (Didn't bother taking a photo on Pearl Rd because it's not all that scenic.)
B90ZHXW.jpg

The Puig touring screen completely eliminated wind roar on my GS, so I decided to try one on the Multi too. Unfortunately, the Puig touring screen didn't do jack for wind roar on the Multi in any position. I think it has too much rake on the Multi so the jet stream comes right up to the helmet; I need to get some spacers to angle the screen more upright and to deflect the air higher over me.

Jamison Creek Rd

oIn7P0y.jpg

uJpiztZ.jpg

O35pbFz.jpg

Boony Doon Rd

nfW0Y85.jpg

Putting around Livermore early this morning

Dyer Road

V7Lk1toh.jpg

Altamont Pass Road

TmnATdK.jpg

Caroll Road