• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Bombardier

Comment reserved

Attachments

• 9418C0D7-BE64-4966-9234-B10049226A9D.jpg
    9418C0D7-BE64-4966-9234-B10049226A9D.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 21
In like Flint,
No reservations due to the lift pump failure, I now have a spot here in Custer until the 17th, yesterday, it was only to the 2nd. And all that anxiety for an early end, and move away before the weekend.

Out on the town, shopping for a post card.

Downtown rental vendor, haven't seen one with a roof. Your still gonna get wet from the monsoon,

2021, the price will come down to > $20 for three, mid August.

Planning on a ride around Custer state park today, , ,

Attachments

• IMG_3244.jpg
    IMG_3244.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3245.jpg
    IMG_3245.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3243.jpg
    IMG_3243.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 15
Planning on a ride around Custer state park today, , ,
Bring along something to feed the donkeys. They don't like people feeding any of the other "wildlife", but donkeys are okay. If you're in a car they'll stick their head right in with you to get whatever you have.

I bought carrots in Oatman too, even had one myself.

I didn't realize when I bought it, it was cool and crunchy to me,
to feed the critters, :teeth

Buffalo are NOT all in the park, some roam the hills, , ,

I rode around a tight blind right curve and found two full grown Bison munching on roadside grass, mere feet from my path. Good thing they are not as jittery as deer.

Last edited:
Mt Chaul Spur Rd

NmzJ7WY.jpg

Lost my will to go further. Not sure if this road would get even harder or if it goes thru at the top. Going back downhill was intense.

jxK1v1e.jpg

Gary, thanks for sharing the Mt. Chaul Spur Rd.! Just put it on my must do list!!

Gary, thanks for sharing the Mt. Chaul Spur Rd.! Just put it on my must do list!!

Same! I need to spend the time to review all the dirt Gary posts on here and put together a big day for the DRZ, it's been too long since it got dirty.

Starting to lose my enthusiasm for this bike, still gets an occasional ride though.

Mind if I ask why?
Did the triumph ruin you for other bikes?
I have several bikes in my garage and bounce around between them frequently. Each one brings something slightly different to the table.

Mind if I ask why?
Did the triumph ruin you for other bikes?
I have several bikes in my garage and bounce around between them frequently. Each one brings something slightly different to the table.

Yep the Triumph is a much more enjoyable bike.
Crappy throttle response of the hype below 4000 is getting irritating. The Triumph’s chassis is much more stable at higher speed and its engine runs better at lower speed where the hyper’s chassis should have an advantage, we’re it not for the engine and sloppy gearbox.
It’s my second hyper and they both ran poorly at low rpm so not sure its something that can be tuned out of them. Probably easier to just replace it with something else.

Last edited:
I did the Needles Hwy, and some of Custer,
Started out with a fuel stop, with a real choice, , ,
I've seen 100 oct. race gas in Havasu going for over $6. gal.

Needles Hwy, a pure tourist road, up and thru the granite spires,

Afternoon shade, for the big heads, local brewery in Custer has a dining room called The Pounding Fathers. So the big stretch of imagination, our pounding fathers hide from the afternoon sun, so the hangovers from hot sun don't harsh their mellow?

The trees, a spot of refuge back in aught seven.
After watching clouds for the threat of rain, as my tour around Custer State park got stuck in a buffalo jamb. I was losing time, rain eminent, home was Keystone, and I was on Iron Mtn. Rd.
Sky opened up, and I found some shelter parked under these trees, I got soaked later rolling thru Keystone, no-one out on the street during the deluge.

Attachments

• IMG_3247.jpg
    IMG_3247.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3259.jpg
    IMG_3259.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3276.jpg
    IMG_3276.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3277.jpg
    IMG_3277.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Yep the Triumph is a much more enjoyable bike.
Crappy throttle response of the hype below 4000 is getting irritating...

The bike is admittedly lumpy below 4k. I went up two teeth in the rear (minor change) and modified the airbox / flashed it using the T800 from Termi, it's better, but not perfect. At the very least I stay in 2nd on tight switchbacks down to around 2500rpm or so now.

Pic so as to be on topic :teeth

AM-JKLX5ycKwA20dMcyLwg2j_cPUwOBGVSqK2ET7b3RetDqTs79yt03ir1jMGvBwRHsmMwi3y7m4CkFst5aMkrGIPKx8WwlD73F-ZOO92pL564ZUac5oG6r3sXxRy7li0Aq7M3Y3F_nJr6hR3hX2y7k1mG6Qfw=w1149-no

I have the proper chip for the exhaust I’m running but the full system gets rid of the power valve. Removing that valve makes makes it even worse at low rpm.

It’s my second hyper and they both ran poorly at low rpm so not sure its something that can be tuned out of them. Probably easier to just replace it with something else.

Gotcha.
Frankly, I'm kinda bummed to read this. I've had a closet crush on those bikes for several years.
Your Triumph is pretty damn sweet. I get it.

Back