• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Possibly I’m judging it too harshly as it’s not meant to be a do everything bike.
It’s an exciting bike if you stick to its more narrowly intended purpose. And still holds its own in the Starbucks parking lot lineup :cool

This time of year the exposed dirt roads are dry and powdery so traction is poor with street tires when it gets steep. It's a lot better in the spring when the dirt's damp and firm. I used to explore unfamiliar dirt roads on my GS but I've lost the appetite for that; I hate the sensation of a heavy bike beginning to tip over. Many dirt roads have private road / private property / no trespassing / residents only signs all over, so keep a low profile and be respectful if you go.

When I got my '13 Multistrada I was very happy that its low speed behavior was much better than the air-cooled '04 Multi I had. The '13 Multi could lug down to about 13 mph in first gear without clutch. I'm surprised to read that the Hyper isn't as good at low speed; too bad 'cause it seems like a fun bike to have on goat roads.

Mt Hamilton Rd - sooo smoooth

b4BjkzI.jpg

San Antonio Valley Rd - bumpy

4HKb8Fg.jpg

Last edited:
Felter Rd

zQ9HKCz.jpg

Fire Station 19, San Jose. I think these images (6 in total, etched into stainless steel panels) are equating firemen to medieval knights.

ctsUPac.jpg

6TglLfM.jpg

Local PSA

Another "new to me" poster, along with ATV rentals running all the roads here.
Have to protect the spores, ya know, with the bar set so low, , ,

My '08 hyper had the same low speed jumps & stalls, 02 Throttle tamer, irridium plugs, and a "fat duck" a fueling dongle that only worked around idle. I could ride it at a crawl without covering the clutch.

Attachments

• IMG_3278.jpg
    IMG_3278.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 12
Old Creek Rd

h3OSNF0.jpg

I thought this was a roadside shrine at first glance. Kind of eerie with no one in sight.

0vJ1OVD.jpg

Around Redwood Retreat Rd

kX9FKCq.jpg

9lVf8CF.jpg

YsQFgXJ.jpg

sJkFqGQ.jpg

6JsG2OL.jpg

More Buzzard Lagoon

mQv5bJx.jpg

d9hp4ql.jpg

ezpz7kL.jpg

Highland Way

This is just wrong - it looks like the van was tortured...

EiQE3Bv.jpg

EPkfiKw.jpg

Love RWB theme and your USA-built frame!

IMG_3728-M.jpg

Just a little exploring of my new surroundings. LaDue Reserve is something I need to explore more.

Last edited:
Tried out Palmer Products' adjustable windscreen mounting brackets but they didn't help in any position. Seems like the brackets moved the screen forward too far; the wind just curled around both sides of the screen and converged on my torso, very disappointing. May have to try a clip-on laminar lip deflector next. It's a real rabbit hole once you start messing with wind management.

China Grade from Boulder Creek side. I'm dying to see what it looks like inside, but I saw a news report that they'll spend the rest of the year 2021 (and maybe beyond) to clean up Big Basin Park.

A3d7igv.jpg

China Grade: didn't ride it in the last few years, but would be surprised if its anything other than deep pot holes. Also wondering when/if the open 236 again. Google maps and a sign next to the golf course in Boulder Creek still show closed.

My garage getting a post oil change air filter cleaning. Good running into SFMCJohn for a chat while I was slaving away.

AM-JKLV2CxqKKo6LdFkwRgTEK85NyYLz5wVgYZmn0eRbH9zr2m_-OTYi6nFB8LJRf1WyQGHo10il6QPNGw53ee9-tjl2MFk87WMmEenrRvU9z8HhhHp5WpR_f7p46h6zKORh5lxV72GdaiBZwPhvDCMhdCfv4Q=w636-no

Then Mt Umunhum yesterday as that seemed like as good a place as any to scrub in the new tires. It was great until the bike consumed another MAP sensor :-/ nothing quite as exciting as having the engine cut power at 90mph on 280.

AM-JKLVMh_VP6gakNu3P8tFiHzmTTlOb8VSzp8X_akUFMF8a97XxW_B-yOebd5hdrScr3ryneA9Pq4ie8aEgYLD4eVEbD-Rj5K9oIsRjNLjyuY316s2YS-Xfg35fu4QEhuX-sO6ri3YlHwJJ4AkaqkngHsxi1g=w1139-no

I took a ride along the the coast and stopped to watch the kite surfers at Waddell Beach.

Attachments

• KiteSurfing.jpg
    KiteSurfing.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 11
Back