• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Went for the Wildlife loop today, :ride
Posted speed @ 25.

I don't know, a speed limit so low, the bison can out top end vehicles?

Had to follow a guy that wanted to pace & video, a cow & calf walking the road's shoulder.
As I passed him, I was looking thru his side glass to see what the pair was doing.
This guy had spooked the calf when I got to his front fender, exactly what I expected. I had both beat, mom didn't nudge the offending cage. :(

More erratic behavior, I just can't give these types any lead, and sit back and watch too.
I have to watch traffic @ 20 mph?!!? With a half a block lead, dang :thumbdown :thumbdown They stop for nothing, road narrows, small creek, trees, bottom of grade, again, , , stop dead for nothing. . .
My plan next time, pull over, and let someone else deal.

Bison both sides of the road here, as close as 5' to pavement. :ride

Gotta :ride the mini here too

Attachments

• IMG_3313.jpg
    IMG_3313.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Third from the right, Hopland on the way to Trinity

UyDwpkK.jpg

Alpine Dam - riding back from IMS and the morning Yamaha Champs School class and I decided Lucas Valley > 1 > Bofax would be more fun that 101 all the way to SF. It was.

AM-JKLVleciyFHoAGLGhaPTjP7_Y0Ubr5SDsGSMa5Z0rre3D46dQkv_V4_-K5s5pOhD6SWVKdjGJJVBbc-3pUkqzKpXu7fvJFulSQ3MTCJyfXqZclFHaF38hPPSdYFztFScy9tucvRSoEf642nu3S2iK3EljUw=w1099-no

^ Why’d you return to the stock can?

I'm an idiot and tried to repack the Termi without realizing it was not meant to be serviced :facepalm I think I can get it back together, but haven't bothered to try as of yet, I hate the look of the stock can, but it runs fine with it on so I'm spending time to riding versus wrenching while I can.

Hawley Mountain or Bust - Second Attempt

Last time I tried to ride to the top of Hawley Mountain we had to turn around just a couple of miles from the top due to difficult mud and snow: https://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10772792&postcount=4753

At the summit of Pearl Rd, headed toward Horseshoe Bend
276nmjC.jpg

Harris Creek Rd, headed toward the summit
ZC6yz03.jpg

The view south from Hawley Mountain Rd
EDRaimb.jpg

At the top of Hawley Mountain, looking east
X2s6TPv.jpg

The abandoned fire lookout on Hawley Mountain
be0zeAC.jpg

Looking west from Hawley Mountain
TPHe9vU.jpg

Took a quick ride up Hwy 4 today. Went to Utica/Union lakes and Spicer's Reservor.

attachment.php

Markleeville Fire in the distance. :(
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Library - 1 of 10.jpg
    Library - 1 of 10.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 149
  • Library - 6 of 10.jpg
    Library - 6 of 10.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Library - 9 of 10.jpg
    Library - 9 of 10.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Library - 10 of 10.jpg
    Library - 10 of 10.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 145
Looks pretty clear considering that is close (I think?) to the fires? Looks like a great day!

Looks pretty clear considering that is close (I think?) to the fires? Looks like a great day!

Just about 80 degrees at 7,500 ft. Winds are blowing the fire to NV.

Attachments

• Library - 4 of 10.jpg
    Library - 4 of 10.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 10
home
[/IMG]

Davenport

1200cc Dorsoduro
Major image fail. You can't link to anything on Dropbox and have it show up in a forum.

Use a copy of the image on your computer and use the "Manage Attachments" button below to attach the file.

Took a quick ride up Hwy 4 today. Went to Utica/Union lakes and Spicer's Reservor.

Markleeville Fire in the distance. :(

Beautiful Area. The mushroom cloud smoke plume looks awesome!

hoping to see some Perseids, tonight. :ride

Gorgeous Shot!!!

Bloom Grade Rd. Only been on this road once before, on my DRZ, but I don't remember the single track section.

O0mGK97.jpg

6SdoUi1.jpg

J1Ra0FH.jpg

gQKpvae.jpg

2klag2S.jpg

Off 236. Had a chat with a "site safety" dude after this. He reminded me that the park's closed, and he thought 236 might re-open in a couple of months.

5YHbrXs.jpg

ylCQaso.jpg

kesJ55Y.jpg

GnfCbDh.jpg

Off 236. Had a chat with a "site safety" dude after this. He reminded me that the park's closed, and he thought 236 might re-open in a couple of months.

5YHbrXs.jpg

ylCQaso.jpg

kesJ55Y.jpg

GnfCbDh.jpg

Great pictures Gary, thanks for taking us along, and I'm glad the "site safety" guy was cool...:thumbup :cool

Two questions for you:
What camera setup do you use for taking your great pictures?

Have you seen the post below on the dirt trail (road)...I'm wondering if it's the same one you've posted pics from recently with the burned out and abandoned cars?
https://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=550921&highlight=dirt+trail

/T

Back