• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Great pictures Gary, thanks for taking us along, and I'm glad the "site safety" guy was cool...:thumbup :cool

Two questions for you:
1. What camera setup do you use for taking your great pictures?

2. Have you seen the post below on the dirt trail (road)...I'm wondering if it's the same one you've posted pics from recently with the burned out and abandoned cars?
https://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=550921&highlight=dirt+trail

/T

Thanks, /T

1. iPhone X, with some enhancement using Photos, mostly adjusting lighting level (brilliance / exposure), and tilt/crop as needed. I like the pictures to be less bright, with more subtle lighting.

2. Yeah that's Bear Creek Canyon Rd, off Bear Creek Rd.

Last edited:
picture.php

hoping to see some Perseids, tonight. :ride

Hope it was a good show!

Nice pic in a hell of a remote location. :thumbup

Yesterday afternoon - 101 degrees at Lexington Reservoir, 60 degrees in Devonport.

Last Chance Rd - what a name!

If you go there stay on the road, don't enter private lots. People who lost homes to the fire are emotional and touchy about "fire tourists".

nE7VcKf.jpg

XHskbhn.jpg

PFwL7bi.jpg

7ZgE9ZF.jpg

aXV6vf8.jpg

BMKsVJT.jpg

ZNiNvTh.jpg

BXEq2yC.jpg

I'm an idiot and tried to repack the Termi without realizing it was not meant to be serviced :facepalm I think I can get it back together, but haven't bothered to try as of yet, I hate the look of the stock can, but it runs fine with it on so I'm spending time to riding versus wrenching while I can.

What’s your clutch like when cold?

Both my old 16 and current 17 have really grabby clutches when cold. The issue started on both at around 4000 miles and continues to get worse. It’s fine after riding a mile but sucks the first time you move from a standing start after engine being shut off for hours.

I'm on it but it's still on location. :x

Forest road 1055 from Applegate Lake to Seiad Valley.

Attachments

• R0010050.jpg
    R0010050.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 24
What’s your clutch like when cold?

Both my old 16 and current 17 have really grabby clutches when cold. The issue started on both at around 4000 miles and continues to get worse. It’s fine after riding a mile but sucks the first time you move from a standing start after engine being shut off for hours.

I've been noticing this a bit myself, bikes at 24k now. I usually have to gently let the clutch out till is starts to engage a few times before it starts behaving. I has definitely made for a few awkward departures from the dealership when picking it up:facepalm

Id be fine with it only happening once in a while but it’s every time you first ride off after a cold start.

Id be fine with it only happening once in a while but it’s every time you first ride off after a cold start.

Yeah, I guess I'm just used to it. I swear it got a little more noticeable after I changed my oil, but I can't see how that would impact anything.

The the 950 has a hydraulic clutch and it seemed fine the couple of times I tied them. However they were new and mine were fine when new also.
Ducati is addressing some of the shifting issues with changes to the 2022 model. Probably not enough to make me want another one.

Took the mini out for the day, did all of Needles and best part of Iron Mtn rds.
Have been waiting for days with "less" chance of afternoon rain.
I only got a slight sprinkle, not enough to wet the road up on top of Iron Mtn.

Helicopter noise around Rushmore is bad, avoiding Keystone.
more pix later.

First time I've seen this coke bottle, in the tunnel. Some frame the sculpture.

Attachments

• IMG_3330.jpg
    IMG_3330.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 24
Went for a ride instead of dinner. On the way back both front/rear tires got punctured as I existed the freeway, a mile from home. Both tires were completely flat within a minute. :mad

bRrqz5b.jpg

DsRHmg8.jpg

Rjp2xH2.jpg

Cool mural, bad Chinese characters which say "Happy New Year".

zrwYkc2.jpg

iAreHJS.jpg

nNOzsLz.jpg

I do like the murals. The one with the orange bike against the sunset and the browns of the wood is a great use of color.

I like the railroad track one as well.

Thorn Creek Butte

At the top of Shaw Mountain Rd, where Boise Ridge Rd starts. Yeah, we started early in an attempt to avoid the heat. Just gonna go up that road a little ways then down Tollgate Rd.
CzP3KJY.jpg

This is the first time in about a month that we've been able to see this far. Don't know where the smoke went, but it's nice that it's mostly gone.
SqTFQTU.jpg

My GPS is not getting power, so had to get the map out to try to figure out where we were. Ended up going on some single-track stuff that was a bit tougher on an adventure bike, but that's what makes it an adventure, right? (Sorry, no photos of it).
dNSC8Nz.jpg

Almost to the top of Thorn Creek Butte. Looking southward.
7bXmBJe.jpg

This was the destination, the fire lookout at Thorn Creek Butte. This is one of the few that are still in use.
hW2YZMb.jpg

This dog lives up there with his owner and hunts gophers and squirrels. Apparently he has caught and eaten five so far this season.
0AivnxH.jpg

We took the wrong route and eventually turned around as it got tougher and tougher. It took two of us to get that T7 back up out of that steep rough section that drops away behind the bikes.
Dw1AB3k.jpg

I was hoping it wouldn't get too hot before 2:00 pm, but got back at 1:00 and it was 96 degrees. Gotta be dedicated to ride in this heat.

Hah this is awesome, no idea people did this, let alone in groups. Did you get any closer to a cute donk?

So different than Oatman, where they wander the streets in search of fresh vegetables sold in the tourist shops.
My last time here they were on the road, now the humans are trained, they don't have to get out of bed.

Around Coyote Valley. The frequent stop/start there almost killed the battery and gave me a scare, so I cut the ride short and didn't go to the cooler coast side as planned.

z7QW2tQ.jpg

tM3EMpq.jpg

P7EWaKw.jpg

1TDXzNS.jpg

8mI5pMN.jpg

8dt9yyF.jpg

Tm3WUpa.jpg

nm0AIWz.jpg

Last edited:
Back