• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

@Gary…you are everywhere! Great pics every time. Just curious, how many miles are on that KTM?

Shuteye Peak

attachment.php

Mammoth Lakes, CA. Background of mammoth ski resort in the lower back and then Minarettes.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Bonus carnage. Found just THE perfect shaped rock to obliterate the right front rim of the RZR during a short night run. Didn't even make a mark on the tire, rock to bare rim, good bye ITP beadlock.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 182
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 167
Shuteye Peak

attachment.php

Shuteye is a fabulous ride! :love

And everything Mammoth is awesome! Thanks for posting!
Sorry about the fubar'd wheel.

Bonus carnage. Found just THE perfect shaped rock to obliterate the right front rim of the RZR during a short night run. Didn't even make a mark on the tire, rock to bare rim, good bye ITP beadlock.

attachment.php

Just whip out the plug kit and the CO2 cartridges and you're good to go! :thumbup

Nowhere near as spectacular as that, on my scooter I got a flat on the freeway once (THAT was fun).

Nursed it to a grocery store and grabbed some "fix a flat" (do they even make that any more?).

Then I carried on.

Didn't help much, turned out to be a bad stem >.<.

Just whip out the plug kit and the CO2 cartridges and you're good to go! :thumbup

Nowhere near as spectacular as that, on my scooter I got a flat on the freeway once (THAT was fun).

Nursed it to a grocery store and grabbed some "fix a flat" (do they even make that any more?).

Then I carried on.

Didn't help much, turned out to be a bad stem >.<.

Is that an ATV? The brake disks look tiny. Sorry for the the mishap, I guess in that situation it didn't really matter to ride home with the flat tire.

@Gary…you are everywhere! Great pics every time. Just curious, how many miles are on that KTM?

Thanks, man.

The 690 is at 21k mi; bought it w/ 2k mi.
The 950 is at 30k mi, bought it w/ 20k mi.

Both are fun to ride, never any problem. The 690 is my favorite for exploring like today.

Shuteye Peak

Mammoth Lakes, CA. Background of mammoth ski resort in the lower back and then Minarettes.

Nice!

San Jose, behind Kellogg Plant.

Nature is awesomely beautiful!

oHArbga.jpg

bhkJ7VM.jpg

Not as beautiful, but fun to explore.

racaPeF.jpg

wD1x8dt.jpg

nuqM3Zj.jpg

FIURGAD.jpg

C3B8PsX.jpg

NEiGfPS.jpg

Last edited:
Shuteye is a fabulous ride! :love

And everything Mammoth is awesome! Thanks for posting!
Sorry about the fubar'd wheel.

Yeah that last....... 5-6 miles or what not of shut eye is very fun and especially the last 2.5 miles to the look out with big jagged rock garden and last rock stair steps at the look out. The bad part was I was based out of near fresno dome, and getting a stick through the back tire that finally went flat about 15 miles from camp. 10-15 mph with all my weight over the front tire really wore me out and having to back track miles and miles several time on the "short cut" back due to fallen logs over chest high on multiple trails. What is crazy is 20 years ago I used to PEDAL my mountain bike up all that mess then bomb down lol.

Yes, they still make it but now they call it something different.
Instead of "Fix a flat" it's now called "Destroy a tire pressure monitor sensor."
Updated marketing. Gotta stay current, yo.

Last edited:
Buddy had just gone down in the deep silt! He looked like a dirt monster! should have taken a pic!

y3F6RGa.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Pescadero Creek Rd, yesterday evening, 8:07pm. (Sunset was at 8pm.) First time I hit a deer, or rather, the deer hit me.

I was going about 45 mph and noticed movement on the right edge of road. I had about a second, enough time to brake but I didn't, thinking I'd get past it by the time it made up its mind but the deer had a different idea. I was near the center line and somehow the deer hit my right leg. I felt a sharp pain in my right shin and the back of my right heel, like I had just Muay Thai kicked a palm tree. The first thought was, "I hope nothing's broken." In the mirror I saw the deer toppled over, so I circled back and pulled over to assess the situation. The deer was out cold, but after a few minutes the it started to reboot, twitched and rolled but couldn't quite get up. I was thinking should I call animal control or find a big rock to end its misery, but thankfully after about 10 min it got on its feet, crossed the road right in front of an oncoming car and scampered away. I got away with some skin off my shin at the top edge of the boot, and a bruised right heel. It appeared the bike was untouched.

EMSxP9l.jpg

R2xfGTN.jpg

KvN8iyu.jpg

Oh goodness! By a lottery ticket for you and the little 4 hooves fella.

Back