• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Picked this up in Lemoore yesterday and took the scenic route home.

VwXHzuH.jpg

Is this La Gloria Rd? If yes, how is the overall surface (packed or deep sand) right now?

Sunset Mountain, Pilot Peak

Stopped at the Mores Creek Summit, about to head up the dirt road to Sunset Mountain.
PjYD946.jpg

This is as far as you can go up Sunset Mountain. Have to walk the final 100 feet or so to the lookout.
sKwQDru.jpg

Wide angle view looking north from the Sunset Mountain lookout.
0ZFHt12.jpg

The top of Pilot Peak.
FTvPscR.jpg

I think this is a weather station up top. We never did see the government forest service guy.
VeSUdZS.jpg

There were some interesting flowers along the road on the way back down.
9S1b30i.jpg

Love your pics Scott!!!

Can't find stuff like that in the Bay Area!!!

Love your pics Scott!!!

Can't find stuff like that in the Bay Area!!!
Up by Foresthill or Downieville there are a few similar areas. Not as many mountains that you can ride to the top of, though.

Here's the last ride I posted before I left California, as an example. I did that one out of Pleasanton.

Yes there are some fantastic areas around Downeyville but you're talking 4 hours + to get there! I have not had the 890 on the forest roads there yet. Have to get out. Love to camp across from Indian Valley Outpost right on the river!

Last edited:
Hustling down 101 to Catalyst Reaction for a service appointment which meant I got an impromptu photo op from my support vehicle driver :-D Gotta keep those Ohlin's happy and at 25k and 4 years it's oil and seals time.

AM-JKLWEyEzdutw3ILLU4VSiZ8xkXzLBO_Rys2BQdIXTCQW_G_KZ7LbaXH918JSIQXdyE2qneO7nULHcRnhgkvl8zMuyMogeho2M_OuGA8-zpR-AP7sPAZc42ONNwTzQL5SQNNzcy5-Jp29HR100v0z0so3-Ew=w600-h800-no

Around south San Jose

Santa Teresa Blvd.
Looks like an Imperial Cruiser (Star Wars) is buried down there with only its tail pipes sticking out.

KQ8I55Y.jpg

San Bruno Ave

1bDLVAQ.jpg

Bowden Ct

Gr6YBdp.jpg

Off Uvas Rd.
The matted down dry grass is a little slippery to walk on. I'm always a little concerned about the hot exhaust header igniting tall dry grass like this.

bCMRVgI.jpg

Uvas Canyon County Park

SVex5kk.jpg

kXtXdCt.jpg

Last edited:
War Eagle Mountain or Bust

The attempted ride to the top of War Eagle Mountain was a bust. Rode out to Oreana instead.

Almost to the top on the way up Silver City Road. A week and a half ago you could barely see that pointy hill in the middle.
fa8Vz2q.jpg

At the top of the road before heading down toward Silver City, which is the direction we're looking here.
zU5QMbp.jpg

The road that goes up to War Eagle Mountain. See that orange sign that says Road Work Ahead? There was a road grader "improving" the road by converting it to loose stuff about four inches deep with a few big rocks mixed in. Not fun at all on two wheels. I dumped my bike once, but it didn't really go down because it was leaned into the hillside at about a 45 degree angle. The KTM 790R is tough, still can't see any damage. We turned around when we got to where the road grader was.
XvhzuTR.jpg

Headed back out to the main Silver City road, after passing the worst of the new "and improved" loose road surface.
62vr3FD.jpg

Headed out toward Jordan Valley. Interesting scenery.
HwwzDzz.jpg

Many miles of scenery like this headed toward Oreana.
sqXa8lS.jpg

It's all downhill from here, looking toward Oreana.
vnqZfGj.jpg

Our Lady Queen of Heaven Catholic Church in Oreana. It was a post office or something from 1885 until 1961, when it was renovated.
gdfoWk5.jpg

:thumbup

keeping your cool ADV Ducati? or will we see the BMW at StonyBARF ...?

anyway, cool bike! :ride

The Ducati is gone. Low speed get-off in the dirt + the price of replacement parts = totalled by insurance. They gave me a deal I couldn't refuse. Hopefully I can make StonyBARF...with all these fires, duty is likely to call any day now.

Back