• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Hicks Rd

it9RKGC.jpg

XOi0RuM.jpg

95LiOtq.jpg

Winter in Az desert, with my total carbon footprint. :x

All three vehicles have a :ride within.

Where is that George Jetson signature model Auto UnPack button?
With all that "Transformery unfolding action" and "Deluxe Glamping Edition"

Security by US Marines, flying sorties daily, for MY protection. :cool

Instructions,
:afm199 :ride :rofl :party

Awesome stuff :thumbup

Making the most of your carbon. :Port

Used to be a tree

Eucalyptus

Attachments

• FB862A14-5BAD-48D5-BF68-84188D65812F.jpg
    FB862A14-5BAD-48D5-BF68-84188D65812F.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 15
Gave the Ulysses a final wash, on its way to Santa Clara Cycle Accessories for consignment sale. Looking to buy a water-cooled R1200GS.

1sNBKmt.jpg

RsFNHfI.jpg

zJ3Kqhx.jpg

What?! No postie on the BARF first? :x
What year is your Uly?
Bags? Top box? Mileage?

No telling how long it would take to sell and I don't feel like dealing with it. I'm actively looking for a newer GS and need the garage space when I find the right bike, so putting it on consignment at SCCA solved my garage space problem.

My Ulysses is an '08, with 26,645 mi. It's got a luggage rack, 2 Pelican side cases (a bit sun faded and scratched), and 2 seats (higher and lower). In the last few thousand miles I had the following parts replaced: fork seals, fan, oxygen sensor (preventive), cylinder head gasket (seeping), starter, rear wheel bearing. Santa Clara Cycle Accessories is putting on a brand new front tire, saying they couldn't take the liability of selling a bike with worn out tires. It's registered until Nov '22.

HUhL43v.jpg

Last edited:
The Ulysses is at $4,899. SCCA is prepping the bike and it should be up on their web site in the next few days.

Some general info on consignment sale for those who are interested.
- The sale price is jointly agreed on between the owner (me) and Santa Clara Cycle Accessories. SCCA takes 12% commission from the sale price - worth the convenience to me in this case.
- They don't wash the bike, so I did.
- They'll do a safety inspection to make sure the bike is road worthy.
- I gave them signed pink slip and they'll sell the bike without needing further involvement from me. Once it's sold they'll cut me a check within 20 days.
- Interestingly, I have to keep the bike under my insurance until it's sold.

I don't want to turn this into a for sale thread, so please PM me directly if you have further bike specific questions.

Top of Montebello Rd

9Z2TZtf.jpg

Stevens Creek Reservoir

gRfpwS3.jpg

North end of 236 closure

NdlYr8L.jpg

Last time I was here (a few months ago) I was surprised to see a big rig logging truck emerging from this road. It's quite steep right beyond the gate and isn't that wide. I suppose those trucks have low gearing to crawl up the road.

S3VDXgw.jpg

Last edited:
Had a little fun Saturday enjoying the winter riding conditions, made my way from Skyline to Perscadero and then road 1 down to Santa Cruz to check off Bonny Doon, Pine Flat Rd, Empire Grade and Bear Creek Rd taking Skyline all the way back to 92. Got a little chilly near the end of the ride.

Pescadero Creek Road
AM-JKLV4ZmfQL8oPfwQT-Ud8kWse67-gYFtxP4C8PIGaWuoMRjOBCpVvJFjkGmMsfGWNJzXZw4mQnaQ01lrxjeorlnYxxIA6mmE1AViJQmm3seb97TTf5I7_4D1EVP650VUPM3UhszLICcZj8YcTAOtAH94s9A=w1032-no

I assumed this yellow mushroom indicated natures approval as I relieved myself...
AM-JKLU4aqu_Q-2bw3IiXKlj9eu1KsTdKwv5nX0r2upn6cf5_mWW9OF1fRfl5KMr4uNIXF8lPH8AIM-XgKG_CpjALVzp1eKA5DiaTub0aRje_PE7jOHZXPj5aPdVBplSn22pOqYhuq3XAk96EEO1Yetsk1Z0NA=w439-no

Little bit of gravel here and there on Empire Grade
AM-JKLUC3cvGbZ_UTC2zvVa9M4HZG_LHDvB_-8getE0jsUqfCxjkNECZtrF2McrMyt5oPr-EHC1AKiYI2sEF-zrv5Q_uepJAF6g2rneJXyhpeDTvCcypoNdKTnyEnWb5O6-2K_u4NiPF7efzx2IJm6Pc26Oj2w=w1032-no

A little hazy at the vista point on Skyline, but it was a nice spot to soak up some sun and give the heated vest a chance to build up some warmth.
AM-JKLXT9Tr3MmzqOvccI_r6sR9JrnRNfJJ8iBiWXI_e_G5DvKzjJ0ErCj8hQfxGjgw0poZmz1Llkj2SExELANuG8ywqwOw_pnzcSM-XBzHb4cbrfCAqVkmBKijprCi8kwnbNL_XuyJwI4gH2pJXik981RIQPQ=w1033-no

Had a little fun Saturday enjoying the winter riding conditions, made my way from Skyline to Perscadero and then road 1 down to Santa Cruz to check off Bonny Doon, Pine Flat Rd, Empire Grade and Bear Creek Rd taking Skyline all the way back to 92. Got a little chilly near the end of the ride.

Pescadero Creek Road
AM-JKLV4ZmfQL8oPfwQT-Ud8kWse67-gYFtxP4C8PIGaWuoMRjOBCpVvJFjkGmMsfGWNJzXZw4mQnaQ01lrxjeorlnYxxIA6mmE1AViJQmm3seb97TTf5I7_4D1EVP650VUPM3UhszLICcZj8YcTAOtAH94s9A=w1032-no

Looks like the sort of road a hyper was made for.

Did you get a pix of that poor guy that lost his grip on that pipe fence?
Tumble all the way to the bottom?:teeth

People will do anything for that instagram shot these days, shoulda cinched the gloves on tighter I suppose :laughing

Back