• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

This may be my last ride of the year

Uvas Reservoir

UQ2yJjJ.jpg

sEKqTdN.jpg

m6G4V9O.jpg

Our Lady Help of Christians

IhudtsX.jpg

Lee Rd, Watsonville

ahmPuNb.jpg

Grizzly Flat off Eureka Canyon Rd

4AohVI0.jpg

The engine quit. Felt like out of gas but low-fuel warning light didn't come on, and the tank mileage was much lower than usual. Major suck in the rain and on a lonely road.

36yDtWj.jpg

Coasted/pushed 2 miles downhill to get here. As I talked to AAA and prepared for a looooong wait, a lady (Suzanne) who worked here pulled up and offered to give me some gas (for her lawn mower), without accepting money. The bike fired right up. I couldn't thank her enough!

6jWXxiZ.jpg

Highland Way. It got really dark, but still really fun in the rain.

ibjR6gl.jpg

You have a much higher tolerance for rain that I do... hoping to cap off the year with one more ride next week if the weather breaks.

It wasn't raining on flat land, but there was steady light rain in the hills. Love the micro climate in the local hills as I quickly moved from one weather zone to another. Got my gear dirty but stayed pretty dry in the light rain. I kind of like rainy night rides in the hills, until I got to Old Santa Cruz Hwy during the evening commute. It was extremely difficult to see the road against the glaring headlights of a constant stream of cars.

Went out for a putt on Xmas day,
The rain has settled the two track nicely, but the dry washes are too dry still, huge potholes in a string are what passes for washboard now, three years or better since enough water has washed the washes smooth with flowing water.
So, I'm getting my deep sand workouts, and extra practice of front wheel understeer survivability, , ,
With verga,
I did manage a couple of boxes of 22, "ringing in xmas day"

And,

The needed pix of "Xmas Corner", but, my first time :ride on actual Xmas day.

Attachments

• IMG_3805.jpg
    IMG_3805.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3800.jpg
    IMG_3800.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3807.jpg
    IMG_3807.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 8
Got out for a Christmas Eve ride today...

Point Molate

JMPiTB0.jpg

]

Nice! I love it out there! Never even noticed it til I sailed past it one day. Fun place to poke around, and interesting history, too. Thanks for posting!

And a big thank you to everyone who posts up in this thread! I don’t have much to contribute lately so it’s nice to live vicariously through y’all. Hopefully in the coming year I will be able to post up a few of my own. Until then, carry on! :ride

JealousChick

693-FE9-F6-8302-4-B09-AF72-E8-A13-BF2-EFD1.jpg

Neat little country road out here that eventually turns to dirt to a dead end. I thought the intersection of the green grass to the blue sky was cool. There were some brown calves but they got skerred.

Last edited:
Went out for a putt on Xmas day,
The rain has settled the two track nicely, but the dry washes are too dry still, huge potholes in a string are what passes for washboard now, three years or better since enough water has washed the washes smooth with flowing water.
So, I'm getting my deep sand workouts, and extra practice of front wheel understeer survivability, , ,
With verga,
I did manage a couple of boxes of 22, "ringing in xmas day"

And,

The needed pix of "Xmas Corner", but, my first time :ride on actual Xmas day.

Those fat tire bikes are pretty good in the sand if you let more air out..

Yep, you can go too far also with the air pressure drop.
I had an issue where it lost all damping, went full spring. Bounce, bounce.
Actually too low of pressure took out the damping with beach ball bounce. It took me a few days, I figured I needed new shocks, right now, but didn't understand why.
Until I raised pressure to 22 lbs, and got damping back.

Last edited:
693-FE9-F6-8302-4-B09-AF72-E8-A13-BF2-EFD1.jpg

Neat little country road out here that eventually turns to dirt to a dead end. I thought the intersection of the green grass to the blue sky was cool. There were some brown calves but they got skerred.

Damn that bike looks so good, nice shot!

Buzzards Lagoon Rd. In the hills above Aptos.

Aww shoulda hit me up I ride Buzzards Lagoon sometimes.

0511201416_HDR-XL.jpg

Last ride of 2021 took the DR out for a spin on Sierra Road was cold and too many people though.
1231211707-XL.jpg

1231211717-XL.jpg

How cold was it?

:thumbup

I guess it was just about 40 deg F before sunrise ... we stood around chatting ‘til 8:30am, so it probably warmed up a bunch. it’s only a ten mile ride from my house, and there was no wind, so we didn’t suffer too much. :laughing

how cold was it on your ride? :ride

Back