• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Near Oak Hill cemetery

0tpmiIh.jpg

AINVlJW.jpg

fsBaMf8.jpg

vMVuSsR.jpg

Destination: Hell's Canyon

This is as green as it ever gets in this part of Idaho.
JRt8Ml6.jpg

We're in the middle of wildflower season.
Yq4w88G.jpg

Brownlee Reservior, one of three in a row on the Snake River that generate a lot of electricity for this area.
3BF15Y1.jpg

Wait! Isn't Hell's Canyon the deepest in North America?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Wait! Isn't Hell's Canyon the deepest in North America?
Inquiring minds want to know.
If you measure from where the water is to the highest mountain peak nearby, you can claim that it's the deepest. Personally, I think it's sort of a bogus claim because the canyon walls are not all that steep. However, the ride from Cambridge Idaho down to the lake was truly wonderful. :teeth

Behind in my posting and reading because I've been out riding, not a bad reason to be behind I guess...

101 near Lewis and Clark National Wildlife Refuge in Washington State

AM-JKLWMW2uRT5RqoKzC0D4ovkcx9RFxydO42ABqXDQUNrprW-yz59NHSEgoR4g-oZWIQcAZQB9pl_H5GF3sbZa4J-4D2U311EL_CKLDxoncWnQmAnCzPC8LW3AA64YKo-cX36kT0PdvQDjHsGmk_J5_olmgXA=w1334-no

sweet WA/Ducati pic! :thumbup

picture.php

sunrise near Stonyford this am, getting ready to see 500 dual-sport guys in the Rodeo Grounds for the OMC’s Sheetiron 300 tomorrow and Sunday. :ride

Pajaro

BLr4ZAC.jpg

0AKRimT.jpg

xX1gZfP.jpg

The floor of this train car is about 4 1/2 ft high - harder to climb aboard than I thought

3nWFaHe.jpg

wPXm83A.jpg

UFZkB1f.jpg

That's a curious photo of 1004.

Obviously they just slapped on the engine number in UP livery over the old COTTON BELT colors.

What's also curious is that, apparently, there was an earlier 1004 that was in full UP livery. It's hard to imagine that they repainted that in to COTTON BELT colors, but maybe they did.

Or maybe they just reused the number when the other one went out of service.

That 1004 was hooked up and pushed from behind by another locomotive facing the opposite direction. Now I regret not getting a picture of the second locomotive to see its number. Wonder if it was 1005 as shown in this video.

[youtube]faKjvPWdwc4[/youtube]

First time out on the bike since StonyBARF, which was already three weeks ago...

Fish Ranch Road
ODBU8Mw.jpeg

Mountain House Road
WzwSUmk.jpeg

Altamont Pass Road
xoULWFj.jpeg

Another Washinton State shot, I think this was the same location as the other one, but now that I look at it on my laptop, it's kinda neat. Sunset vs. sunrise for me.

AM-JKLVel6KHlnDADX_Th0UbyUptWCfJi_4G6zEUTNkN_KNie4BteSAcso7aR_8k1DTeivTxlqx1ZgHAFgKMwXHLq_G269DHmsy8oCG6kzcmhT_3cnygBuZVIHjsCJQN1dThUKVteSkAUnc4ifL3gfTWh-KXtA=w1334-no

On Sunday 5/15 I rode from 395 to the top of Tioga and back. The pass wasn't open yet - still isn't; it's reopening this coming Friday - but the ride was still worth it.

Last edited:
Back