• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Tenmile Creek Road, Oregon

AM-JKLWGU86p3J1Rq3hjp8XMsSr8ISx-Ta_9DmvpNK3EW3XUXS-XMUURh8PRZAlwLXYZ9T230fY3D32CHrkDctI7UXPAq_ktHTz01L-guxKyQHrvW-WMiNFhSIh02dBTDEOjcaumCUiJABjh2TOo41Zsr4Xlpg=w1060-no

In front of the garage, fresh oil, chain serviced, shiny bits made shiny again. We're just gonna ignore that new dent in the rear wheel... ready to go get dirty again this weekend!

AM-JKLWWXr_Z1SzNHS3KNK-egh8eczRcCJzYLFaCK_KNEoiOjDb3UXrXbR63ZyaaIwP7x4A1sMfovzulf9hvNbEMkerjqQucdspj7X21NcV_TtP78COyW-zaUJwrxehiTlcGbtobIWSyE17c73ITvIzYXL0XeQ=w1060-no

Do you pull and clean that right side plastic screen during an oil change?
I don’t have a manual for mine, is it one or two drain plugs underneath?

Great mountain top shots there guys, though I think that sunset takes the cake Gary.

Do you pull and clean that right side plastic screen during an oil change?
I don’t have a manual for mine, is it one or two drain plugs underneath?

I didn't last time or this time, I will next time, need to order a VERY long 17mm allen key to get it out. Some people say check it every time, some people say check it every 18k with the major service, so... didn't find any filings stuck to the magnetic drain plug when I pulled it so I feel pretty good about that. I don't have a service manual either but if you pull the main drain plug (5mm allen I think) and then rock the bike side to side once the initial oil flow stops you can get most of it out of there, I have no idea how I'd get any oil sitting in the oil cooler out, so I don't worry about it.

Woop, woop, that's the sound of the police...

Funny enough, took this shot maybe 10 miles after noticing an oncoming OHP cruiser just as I was completing a double yellow pass on one car and another car was pulling off to let me by. I saw the cruiser pull off onto the shoulder and assumed I was soon to get a performance award but that never happened so I guess maybe they were just setting up to catch speeders at the bottom of the hill...

AM-JKLVK6oLBKwvS12j7nZ5EfrR6-F389yZGxT28IjYLsIFafJDN_l8E2dKUhgtVA3Xzl0HV43ZOVUJWEh-mblfXCzjYfztrs_N5E01RotUtalAthAOZHB0Sk0C-J5Tr1xhHkxQZABvmcF7Bht38TdX_jcNGSQ=w997-no

China Grade Road. The Dixie Fire wreaked havoc through here last summer.
5rCWJvk.jpeg

Crystal Lake
8OXF1Q0.jpeg

Mt. Hough-Crystal Lake Road
mBtrsY6.jpeg

This bike has an aftermarket seat that's a few inches taller so I was on the tip of my toes. It was nerve racking when stopping on uneven ground.

Morgan Territory

gurTWCC.jpg

MzYPUf0.jpg

3tkQaVZ.jpg

7ylmEF5.jpg

Last edited:
It took a while for me to get used to the I4 power delivery with very little engine braking. The power and brakes are very strong, handling's very light and precise, but the suspension/tires (Road 5) felt numb and didn't give much feedback. The bike's pretty heavy - my bathroom scale showed 562 lbs (= front 272 + rear 290) w/ a full tank.

Mines Rd

DJNI5L2.jpg

tA1x4Sc.jpg

A few weeks ago I read here that a female cyclist was hit and killed on Mines Rd. These road side memorials give me the creeps.

y9d85qM.jpg

Mt Hamilton Rd. Ran over this poor guy. Damn! I thought it was a squirrel at first.

q1XCzmZ.jpg

The bike looks awesome. I have to look into the specs!

poor little rabbit!

This bike has an aftermarket seat that's a few inches taller so I was on the tip of my toes. It was nerve racking when stopping on uneven ground.

Nice looking XR. I would have to remove that seat. I bought a BMW XR as BMW is the only manufacturer that makes a low suspension model. those 2 inches make a big difference for us short-leg riders.

Friday Fun, boats, bikes, & choppers overhead

A power pedestal and a transformer, all that is left from a burger & beer bar, all authentic n' stuff with sand on the floor & artifacts. Gone, Too much Fun??

Used to be tucked back from the water in this pix,

Attachments

• IMG_4073.jpg
    IMG_4073.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4066.jpg
    IMG_4066.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4065.jpg
    IMG_4065.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 2
As usual, being unfamiliar with it I didn't like the XR much for the first hour, but the more I rode the more I liked it. The power is a given, but I'm really impressed by the light/precise handling. So easy to lean and point it no matter how tight the turn is. The suspension may seem numb at first but it's unflappable.

Swanton Rd

ciJIwji.jpg

Lobitos Creek Cutoff

I4YZggy.jpg

Last edited:
The 950SM feels so narrow and compact right after riding the S1000XR. It doesn't have nearly the power of the XR higher up but it's much, much torquier right off idle.

Curry Creek

92gnT8l.jpg

Morgan Territory

This was there yesterday but I was too scared to turn the hellishly tall XR around on this tight road.

bsUzB1z.jpg

b4pQEub.jpg

p6YzfZy.jpg

xtmPyT7.jpg

Lake Tahoe
MnyMF1w.jpeg

Hwy 89
TVbTgbu.jpeg

Leviathan Peak
2a5VSj6.jpeg

Monitor Pass, as seen from Leviathan Peak
GiiQMAt.jpeg