• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Big Basin Park

c24e1531-c352-4b50-a145-68432f2ede79.jpg~original

305fa993-1fd0-4b10-9123-815e8e5ecec7.jpg~original

Huge trees...
ec0693b4-3429-4a54-b755-20713a858a6b.jpg~original

Route: From Lexington, black rd, 35, 9 to Big Basin, 236 to Boulder Creek, Bear Creek (Nice and smooth about 1/2 way up, nice twisties over too soon), 35, Old Santa Cruz to Lexington. Great riding weather!

Great route.

Big Basin Park

Route: From Lexington, black rd, 35, 9 to Big Basin, 236 to Boulder Creek, Bear Creek (Nice and smooth about 1/2 way up, nice twisties over too soon), 35, Old Santa Cruz to Lexington. Great riding weather!

Martin Road (off Ice Cream Grade in Santa Cruz)

39988915510_d371d3f245_b.jpg

39988914050_1b62b88779_b.jpg

Last edited:
Man, Almaden Res filled up fast!

Yeah, from bone dry in the summer. Lexington looks to be about 60-70%, Guadalupe about the same. They kept Calero filled the best they could this past summer and looks about 80%. Uvas looks like 30% and needs more water. I'm usually passing these spots either on the road bike, mtb or the moto...

Very clean looking bike, also looks scary fast... (From a newbs perspective)

It would be awesome if there's a bike that combines the excellent chassis/suspension/brakes of the YZF600R (my second bike) and the engine of the Speed Triple 1050.

It would be awesome if there's a bike that combines the excellent chassis/suspension/brakes of the YZF600R (my second bike) and the engine of the Speed Triple 1050.

There IS! It's called the GSXR750.

Attachments

• Lucky Strike 750 2.jpg
    Lucky Strike 750 2.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 86
I'm pretty sure the Speed Triple has better chassis/suspension/brakes than the YZF600R.

I'm pretty sure the Speed Triple has better chassis/suspension/brakes than the YZF600R.

I've read that the stock rear shock of the YZF600r goes out after 25k miles or so...The adjustments are limited and it does not work very well with heaver riders.

There is a machined adapter to install an 08-12, R6 shock in it's place. The front shock can have the springs upgraded to Race Techs based on body weight.

Two things that I have planned as I just got my 600r in Dec last year.

That Lucky Strike 750 is the purty.

Curiosity, how is that done? Is that a wrap on the fairing? What about the tank? or is it all paint? Stickers and clear coat?

I've read that the stock rear shock of the YZF600r goes out after 25k miles or so...The adjustments are limited and it does not work very well with heaver riders.

There is a machined adapter to install an 08-12, R6 shock in it's place. The front shock can have the springs upgraded to Race Techs based on body weight.

Two things that I have planned as I just got my 600r in Dec last year.
Even so, the Speed Triple has USD forks with radial mount calipers vs conventional forks (early ones damping rod at that) with conventional brakes.

What don't you like about the Speed Triple chassis?

That Lucky Strike 750 is the purty.

Curiosity, how is that done? Is that a wrap on the fairing? What about the tank? or is it all paint? Stickers and clear coat?
You can buy Chinese Lucky Strike plastics on ebay for $450ish shipped. You'd then need to have the tank painted or wrapped.

What don't you like about the Speed Triple chassis?

I agree with your previous statement that the Speed Triple has better suspension. Even without riding one, I think the entire bike is overall advanced than the 600r. (Which was still on a steel frame).

I just mentioned a few things that assist the suspension of the 600r. I think even with the mods mentioned, it is still behind the recent suspension technology of today.

I will warn that the quality of them may be lacking, as expected for Chinese stuff from ebay.

9 Santa Cruz side. Since the road has been closed off there has been very little to no traffic. You get about 3 miles of fairly technical road up to this point.

Attachments

• derp.jpg
    derp.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Back