• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Cool picture of downtown Pescadero - never been out that way in the dark!

Last edited:
Alpine Rd last Saturday. Looks like iPhone night shot has its limitation when it's really dark. I was surprised to see a cyclist with a backpack riding up Alpine in the cold, dark night. With no headlight it was hard to see the road. Saw another cyclist riding up Tunitas Creek Rd in the dark a while back. They were nuts.

aJzTvhP.jpg

Along Hicks Rd. Both reservoirs looked fairly drained.

Almaden Reservoir

S2RqzZ5.jpg

mIlfcCc.jpg

Guadalupe Reservoir

obnsAnE.jpg

Nice shots! Thanks for taking us along by Gary.

Night rides on bicycles are fun, but riding without a light seems kinda stupid, I wonder if these riders are commuting home and just didn't consider the impact of the time change.

Canyon rats taking full advantage of the low water level.

Rented this Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT from Daly City. It's surprisingly wide and tall; with 32" inseam I was on tippy toes with both feet down. Loved the DCT - took some getting used to, but it performed flawlessly and beautifully. The bike handled great, sounded great, and had plenty of power for me.

Half Moon Bay airport

a0KdpsA.jpg

Stage Rd, San Gregorio side

cLa2Xeu.jpg

Stage Rd, Pescadero side

jJTO2z1.jpg

:cool

That Airstream needs a little polishing :laughing

Backroad Pie run to Cambria, I waited last year to do this until the hills turned green for better pix. It got too much rain and Old Creek Rd to Santa Rosa Creek rd got washed out for the winter. never made a pie run.

This year I didn't wait for the greening of the hills with another sky river due this week. Glad I did, for the road will close for rain damage. Three spots are sketchy now, halfway to total washout, one about four stories deep, sinkhole/creek erosion. Too big/dangerous for a pix to show real size of it.

This spot is where a sulfur spring flows into the main creek, can smell it for a few miles downstream.

Attachments

• IMG_5577.jpg
    IMG_5577.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5562.jpg
    IMG_5562.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5564.jpg
    IMG_5564.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5565.jpg
    IMG_5565.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Old Creek Rd, is faster/smoother now, seems like a back way to Paso/wineries.

Santa Rosa Creek Rd, is more goaty, small patches and tar snakes over the two passes, no help on the last downhill into Cambria, where the big washouts are.

36.8 miles to the north end of Moonstone Beach Rd. from my spot in Morro Bay. I need to check milage from Morro to this spot in Cambria, using Hwy 1, I think 10 miles longer?
This pix has the Castle in it too

Attachments

• IMG_5568.jpg
    IMG_5568.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5571.jpg
    IMG_5571.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1
Photos lose a lot of detail when uploaded to the web compared to original pic
How did you come up with that idea?

If you reduce the resolution, yes, the photo loses detail, but if you are able to store it at higher resolution, nothing is lost. I know that Photobucket allows you to store big images if you want, then you can set it up to display it based on how much room there is on screen. Personally, I resize all of mine to 800 x 600 from the original 4k x 3K so they don't take up a lot of storage space. While I'm at it, I crop or straighten the ones that need it.

But photos do not lose detail when uploaded to the web unless you're using a service that resizes them for you. Not all of them do that.
:nerd

Photo from the past, out in Livermore, just because:
4qQ8U5d.jpg

Late Fall in Treasure Valley

Random stack of hay bales along the road.
At9Osi5.jpg

These hills will be at random locations, no idea what made them.
XE79BaI.jpg

Cows in corn field with pivot irrigation hardware.
TiMdfK3.jpg

Along the Snake River Canyon Scenic Byway. Much less water going down the river this time of year.
Nxg15vl.jpg

This section of road was closed for months. Now it has beautiful pavement and real nice sweeping turns. They should put up a few soft shoulder signs.
wEcu583.jpg

Somebody had fun leaving part of their rear tires here.
AYoM2G8.jpg

I resize my photos to 1400 pixels wide in landscape mode to post here. There's certainly some loss of details compared to the full size photos.

Mt Hamilton.

AfGEBqO.jpg

UB2utfZ.jpg

Haven't been this way in a while; happy to see the repair's done here and the road's open between Quimby and Alum Rock.

JdqJI0b.jpg

Back