• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Moto Beach Classic 2023

1014231807_HDR-XL.jpg

1014231815_HDR-XL.jpg

Went looking for old stuff from my past here in Vacaville,

This metal sign post, (in line with my mirror) proudly displayed the sign over the years, "The Cabin" This grand old bar last held unit patches from Fire Depts and Air Force, with sand samples from the mid east.

Last I've seen it, before 'rona, doors were open and some kind of light construction, sign in window about a brewpub going in. My guess, the building too far gone, but the dance hall still stands, on the right.

And, Vaca Valley Raceway, completely gone now, acres rolled completely flat.
Drag strip about where the hay is stacked, up and past where I'm parked.

There is a new brewpub out here, on the edge of the this field on Weber Rd.
Solano Brewing, all about three miles from the remains of The Cabin.

Attachments

• IMG_5516.jpg
    IMG_5516.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5518.jpg
    IMG_5518.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 2
Who hoo

Here we go

Attachments

• 105A5614.jpg
    105A5614.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 6
How’re you guys attaching photos? I got a new iPhone and says photo/file is too large. I tried image hosting site as well with no luck

How’re you guys attaching photos? I got a new iPhone and says photo/file is too large. I tried image hosting site as well with no luck
I use imgur.com for mine. I used to use Photobucket, but they tried to get money from me and got immediately dropped. :x

But I use a proper computer to do everything rather than trying to do it from a phone. I resize all of mine before copying them to imgur, but I could also just attach those resized photos directly if I wanted to. If you insist on doing everything through your phone, use google to learn how to resize photos. It involves editing them.

The hot tip is first, to resize it.

When I export it from Photos on my Mac, I resize it then.

Then, I attach it with the paper clip icon.

Then I "Preview Post"

Then I right click on the thumbnail, "copy link", and click on the "Insert Image" icon and insert the URL

Thusly:

attachment.php

Preview again to make sure it's not all mucked up.

And, et voila!

(My bike in Idyllwild last month, after mastering the art of getting the gas cap open.)

Attachments

• IMG_4124.jpg
    IMG_4124.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 65
couple of zappers in the desert. Rawrr Mantis and Beta Explorer

53281725462_03603e227a_b.jpg

When you choose the pic it will say actual size at the bottom. Click that and it will give you various sizes…. choose large. Then hit upload.

Alright I found a good app for resizing photos. Thanks for the suggestions. This was out on Chileno Vally Rd. Cows wanted to say hi

Attachments

• IMG_2023-10-24-220629.jpg
    IMG_2023-10-24-220629.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2023-10-24-220907.jpg
    IMG_2023-10-24-220907.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2023-10-24-221004.jpg
    IMG_2023-10-24-221004.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 4
My trick is a bit convoluted, I use Google photos. I have a shared folder that is set to public which I add photos I post in here too. From that folder I open the photo I wanna share, right click on it (or on the phone open in a browser and then again in a new window) choose copy image URL (or from the phone, just copy the url from that browser window) and past the mess into the insert image option on here. I generally edit the size in the URL so it doesn't come out super large.

Decided to take advantage of the weather yesterday and pulled a hammy.

ADCreHfTcmpRnQ0173udsueWBU_NU8G8QwNJhU6RHeKbWqvB_TPKquUUFhX1AQf38zg2gTcloQv5rwSKK4V2ZojMmPT6V-ZcweldE2nBvk4KO2Nf3U4a-MqG5w2QMYrmcB2YrO5ClH4oQdSmGxcsvLHhTeMFeA=w1088-no

Managed to drag my boot a bit on the way down, so I guess I was getting comfy on the KTM.

Went up Page Mile and down Alpine for the first time in a long time, funny how different a road can feel just by going the opposite direction.

ADCreHcqZCPgTixvRFw9DiRuAJphAIFnqXh_EiCpsy59wL6M7OmQMs6EtEzRY4K4OJ9KSxNBz2jpSFz_H9h7EZz1AnLBRYz2fW1fCt_cPtbuUpM8yu1_IZWXSRgQ_24YuucNNwRyk0xQsQSUe7R0aOCiPDc6Hg=w1088-no

ADCreHcLq-yss70PA9BlugwKvIdy6i45cwHucwZYpSvpVIuJkf6L54I3vpoEkgMLjFoBJjYonq-tQ7WG461RYL0N8es556Be9MtoDHnPPPtZ4R61cfTGCnqG0J-b-NIhSKrhjH-NVbz6W5dClQlESes8VM7OyA=w1088-no

Made it to the beach, things were foggy and cold for the rest of the ride with very limited visibility on parts of 84, I was missing the heated grips from the Ducati as well.

ADCreHd6q-xOoUq1dbmVTlpWVdwbWJmQxqJd-gBMp0g9rjHNFJ0ISRn9OAl_Z8ahWDpY4rdCqC31UjyScCRhRhs9lLdzV3g-1BPSDXNlHLyV7I8cgM4teBE1G6jyhsd6b3w1Ui73Wp8LOIbLqPOAsMZESRE9dw=w1088-no

digging the electric dirt bikes, the hooligan KTM and the Thailand primates and the cows! and our fearless leader's DR650. and Idaho. :laughing:ride

sunrise this morning, Bay Area Breakfast BARFing, Treasure Island, San Francisco, 10/27/23:

picture.php

@SFMCJohn, love that sunrise shot! I wish I could've started my ride that early, but at least I was able to get out today...and beggars can't be choosers.

Mt. Veeder Road
Lkhc63s.jpeg

Trinity Road
GUWXsgp.jpeg

Chilenos Valley Road
xKDWo1y.jpeg

Tomales
hO4uQGW.jpg

Hwy 1
uN6YiGA.jpeg

Marshall-Petaluma Road]
klIiujV.jpeg

Thailand yo! :cool That road looks hella narrow..!

Beautiful sunrise. :hail

Love the Tomalas shot strat!

While early bird SFMCjohn got busy with his sunrise shot yesterday, I woke up after 9am, and stayed in bed past 11! :facepalm

San Antonio Valley Rd

w21Wth5.jpg

DFyiJ6S.jpg

yAwxh32.jpg

BRAjWTN.jpg

Mines

dmSgzTl.jpg

4zUkuee.jpg

Calaveras Rd. That's the full bright moon, not the sun. In person the sky's fully dark.

NQHx6Rg.jpg

LNCKuEY.jpg

gVG62ms.jpg

Dinner stop

KBk7BOA.jpg

5JGS4Sk.jpg

Churros are surprisingly difficult to find. Costco has it but it's just not the same as getting it from a Mexican place.

EBEXQEZ.jpg

Back